[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unique Harbour with Ranged Strength ability, similar to Gaul's?
That would be pretty cool to see.

Which is one of the reasons why I think it might be, improvements are the only thing without a unique replacement which you think would have made it into the game by now.
Well, I don't really know what a Sphinx would replace, so I guess it's for the better Unique Improvements don't replace other Improvements.

We already have 4 UDs in NFP, so I kinda think maybe the last UI is a UB, since we have only had 1 so far. And I hope it is a unique Harbor building cuz out of all the standard districts, Harbor is the only one without a UB.
You're right, I never noticed that before. The Harbor having no UBs, not the four UDs already in the NFP.

I'm just hoping that the feitoria isn't a fort replacement. Even an improved fort would still be a pointless, god awful waste of time.
Not a fort replacement. That doesn't mean it won't have fort-like qualities such as fortified strength for units when on one.

Unique Harbour with Ranged Strength ability, similar to Gaul's?
I doubt it. That would make three unique harbors. :p

We already have 4 UDs in NFP, so I kinda think maybe the last UI is a UB, since we have only had 1 so far. And I hope it is a unique Harbor building cuz out of all the standard districts, Harbor is the only one without a UB.
Surprised that originally the Royal Navy Dockyard wasn't a shipyard replacement for England in the first place.

Not a fort replacement. That doesn't mean it won't have fort-like qualities such as fortified strength for units when on one.

Unless it gets something like a district defense from walls it would still be kind of bad in my opinion.

Unless it gets something like a district defense from walls it would still be kind of bad in my opinion.
Well that's just one aspect of it they could have. I think the primary goal of it might be gold generation and the fortified strength is just an extra ability on top of all the others.

We've also only had two Unique Improvements, and Firaxis has to be aware that Unique Districts and Unique Improvements are generally more popular than Unique Buildings.

We've also only had two Unique Improvements, and Firaxis has to be aware that Unique Districts and Unique Improvements are generally more popular than Unique Buildings.
There's always been a UB in every Expansion, though, so I'm guessing it's a UB.

Something related to Harbour would make sense. Maybe the first city on another continent could get a free trade route, via a way or another.
That's just Victoria's Ability except more Economically focused.

That's an Improvement. There are no Unique Improvements that replace an already existing Improvement. :p

Interesting...
I am actually going to have to bring up a bizarre piece of trivia in that THERE IS a unique improvement that replaces an already existing improvement and that is the Roman Fort. Despite the fact that there is no unique visual identifier for Roman Forts as far as I know, I believe the game does make a distinction since Roman Forts are only buildable by Legions as part of their unique ability, despite it not having any additional era score

Fort (Civ6) | Civilization Wiki | Fandom

So it is in a limbo, but the point is to say that there isn't really a unique improvement replacing an existing one is somewhat of a half truth

I am actually going to have to bring up a bizarre piece of trivia in that THERE IS a unique improvement that replaces an already existing improvement and that is the Roman Fort. Despite the fact that there is no unique visual identifier for Roman Forts as far as I know, I believe the game does make a distinction since Roman Forts are only buildable by Legions as part of their unique ability
If that is a Unique Improvement... I know which one goes first in a Unique Improvement Elimination Thread. :mischief: Also... Huh, never knew that.

I am actually going to have to bring up a bizarre piece of trivia in that THERE IS a unique improvement that replaces an already existing improvement and that is the Roman Fort. Despite the fact that there is no unique visual identifier for Roman Forts as far as I know, I believe the game does make a distinction since Roman Forts are only buildable by Legions as part of their unique ability, despite it not having any additional era score

Fort (Civ6) | Civilization Wiki | Fandom

So it is in a limbo, but the point is to say that there isn't really a unique improvement replacing an existing one is somewhat of a half truth

Can't Roman military engineers build normal forts? I think I remember trying to get to research ballistics using legions, to no avail.

The ratio is normally 4:2:2, so it is just my guess that the last one may be a UB.
By saying "A replaces B", you cannot be able to build B for that to hold true. Rome can still build normal Forts using normal Engineers, so no, Roman Forts do not replace Forts. The wiki used to have a separate page for Roman Fort, but then we decided to delete that page and moved everything to the Fort page, cuz it was too useless and no one visited it.

The ratio is normally 4:2:2, so it is just my guess that the last one may be a UB.

By saying "A replaces B", you cannot be able to build B for that to hold true. Rome can still build normal Forts using normal Engineers, so no, Roman Forts do not replace Forts.
I note that they replace the forts for Legions and not regular military engineers. It's notable because, if Portugal did get a unique fort replacement, then that would mean it would be the first improvement to get two unique improvements for it I believe

Personally, I feel that forts are underutilized and I wouldn't mind seeing a fort that benefits from tourism via the coast as well as gives bonuses to adjacent sea resources. I think that could be an interesting way to tie back to Portugal's history

I note that they replace the forts for Legions and not regular military engineers. It's notable because, if Portugal did get a unique fort replacement, then that would mean it would be the first improvement to get two unique improvements for it I believe

Personally, I feel that forts are underutilized and I wouldn't mind seeing a fort that benefits from tourism via the coast as well as gives bonuses to adjacent sea resources. I think that could be an interesting way to tie back to Portugal's history
I would consider the Roman Fort to be similar to the Pa: built by a unique unit, functions like a Fort but again, does not replace anything. If something is replaced by something else, you should not have access to the replaced one at all, which is not true. In both cases (Pa and Roman Fort), they are two improvements that exist side by side with the normal Fort, so no, there is no unique improvement that "replaces" a standard improvement.

Well that's just one aspect of it they could have. I think the primary goal of it might be gold generation and the fortified strength is just an extra ability on top of all the others.

Knowing that the majority of naval districts are adjacents to the city center (if you want the best bonuses), your idea seems quite cool. Inexpugnable coastal cities! very portuguese in my opinion.

Don't think Zombies are a new mode - look at the colouration around the 'They're Coming To Get You, Barbara' achievement - it's Red, so this looks to me like a Red Death tweak.
If it is yet another 'shoot-em-up' then as with Red Death, you can include me out.

It's right & proper Portugal is included - they were a major Global player in the Renaissance period and infamously split Central & South America between themselves whilst wiping entire indigenous civilizations completely off the map (funny how it's always England that gets the abuse for colonialism, isn't it?) and it's a scandal it has taken as long as it has done to get them added.
I could not care less about the Male-Female ratio balances, as the world is what it is and history was what it was and this is not how the lefty snowflakes want it to be so anyone with a different opinion obviously has got to be written out.
Leaders should be there through merit, not because they tick the right sodding box.

?

Well, Firaxis has revisited some old mechanics in various ways, so how about trading(/deleting) units for gold? What if Portugal can sell their naval units to allied civs or city states they're suzerain over (but only if the unit is within the recipient's territory)?

Edit: Maybe for city states they just need to not be at war with them, but can also gain an envoy with them for selling the unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom