Prediction Thread

Farm Boy

syntax error
I wonder if anyone has played this nightmare scenario forward.

Trump and Biden run in 2024. One of the swing states that has made new laws to let the legislature override the will of the voters submits a slate of electors that does not reflect how that state actually went. That would give the election to Trump.

Harris now has to consider doing what Trump pressured Pence to do: reject that state's slate of electors.

Fantasizing about the hypothetical where one gets to do what even the foe, won't? :lol:

Sarin

Emperor
My prediction for second half of 2022 and 2023:
Russian economy will shamble on like a zombie, decaying but not collapsing due to influx of oil and gas money from the west, until the spring of 2023, when it will crash as the fuel needs drop after winter and west will be able to obtain fuel from more reliable sources. On the heels of collapse will come diminishing of the Russian sphere of influence and perhaps diminishing of RF itself. The central Asian and Caucasian countries will seek out new markets and new allies as the Russian economy won't be sufficient to maintain the current level of trade, not to mention that dealing with Russia will be considered dangerous due to instability. Some central Asian countries will fall into Chinese sphere of influence, others will drift more toward the west, often using Turkey as intermediary. Several RF members, most likely starting with Chechnya and Dagestan, will attempt to declare independence, exploiting the military and economic exhaustion of RF. This will allow retaking of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by Georgia, and Transnistria by Moldova.

Gori the Grey

The Poster
Fantasizing
Dreading!

There'd be no good consequence from this.

But that's why I posted it here. To vent my fear of exactly this happening. Since lately everything happens in the worst way it could possibly happen.

Farm Boy

syntax error
Dreading!

There'd be no good consequence from this.

But that's why I posted it here. To vent my fear of exactly this happening. Since lately everything happens in the worst way it could possibly happen.

Who says fantasy has to be fun? Nightmares are still the stuff dreams are made of.

I hear ya though. That's a good one! Mostly I wanted to give you crap. It's not like that fantasy would be a foreign concept. ;)

Top Bottom