President Hugo Chavez dead at 58

So they all live in that stupid little hut in the middle of nowhere? That's supposed to be heaven?

There is another heaven with Jesus, Nixon and Reagan and guns. Free guns - all sorts. Also, here is homeless people picking up litter for 5 bucks an hour being thankful to serve the better man. I suppose Chavez chose the hut.

I'm not the one believing in nonsense buddy.

I guess. If you're into ivory tower pipe dreams. Classical hero is however a good Christian, or something.

Hopefully his resort to crazy hyperbole means the Chavez personality cult will not outlive Chavista democracy (for lack of a better term).

Believe it or not, this man:

Is not Chávez:

But Maduro is using him anyway to give hope to the loyal supporters of His eternal will.

Dude.....why was it not obvious to everyone to just keep Chavez's death quiet and replace him with that look-alike?

What the hell. What the hell. You robbed us Maduro. Robbed us of something that could have been amazing and beautiful.

This is why we can't have nice things.

A pro-Capriles rally.

In friggan' downtown Caracas.

I don't know, just reporting what my family was saying over skype. Not going to look up largely meaningless polling data.

Anywho, Maduro has put a curse upon rival voters.

The acting president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, has put a curse on citizens who do not vote for him in next week's election.

He likened his main rival candidate, Henrique Capriles, to Spanish conquerors fighting indigenous people in the 16th Century.

A centuries-old curse, he said, would fall on those who did not vote for him.

Wearing a local indigenous hat at a rally in Amazonas state, a largely jungle territory on the borders of Brazil and Colombia, Mr Maduro said: "If anyone among the people votes against Nicolas Maduro, he is voting against himself, and the curse of Maracapana is falling on him."

He was referring to a 16th Century battle when Spanish colonial fighters defeated indigenous fighters decisively.

"If the bourgeoisie win, they are going to privatise health and education, they are going to take land from the Indians, the curse of Maracapana would come on you," the candidate continued.

Analysts say that Venezuela's mix of Catholic and animist beliefs, especially in the south-central plains and jungles, is fertile ground for talk of spirits and curses which may otherwise seem out of place in an election campaign.

Mr Capriles dismissed the election favourite's rhetoric.

"Anyone who threatens the people, who tells the people a curse can fall on them, has no right to govern this country," he said at a rally in the western state of Tachira.

"I tell you here, all Venezuelans, the real curse is that little group that we are going to get rid of on April 14."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22056610

Interesting strategy. Perhaps his opponent should hire a Haitian vodoun priest.

Top Bottom