Pro-Choice Advocates Are Trying To Commit Genocide Against Blacks Through Abortion?

Formaldehyde

Both Fair And Balanced
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hVPN2jSeFwagJEk9CTRZQpPl6NjgD9DS3HLO0

Spoiler :
Controversial Ga. billboards link abortion, race
By ERRIN HAINES (AP) – 23 hours ago

ATLANTA — The message on dozens of billboards across the city is provocative: Black children are an "endangered species."

The eyebrow-raising ads featuring a young black child are an effort by the anti-abortion movement to use race to rally support within the black community. The reaction from black leaders has been mixed, but the "Too Many Aborted" campaign, which so far is unique to only Georgia, is drawing support from other anti-abortion groups across the country.

"It's ingenious," said the Rev. Johnny Hunter, national director of the Life Education and Resource Network, a North Carolina-based anti-abortion group aimed at African-Americans that operates in 27 states. "This campaign is in your face, and nobody can ignore it."

The billboards went up last week in Atlanta and urge black women to "get outraged."

The effort is sponsored by Georgia Right to Life, which also is pushing legislation that aims to ban abortions based on race.

Black women accounted for the majority of abortions in Georgia in 2006, even though blacks make up just a third of state population, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Nationally, black women were more than three times as likely to get an abortion in 2006 compared with white women, according to the CDC.

"I think it's necessary," Cheryl Sullenger, senior policy adviser for Operation Rescue, said of the billboard campaign. "Abortion in the black community is at epidemic proportions. They're not really aware of what's actually going on. If it shocks people ... it should be shocking."

Anti-abortion advocates say the procedure has always been linked to race. They claim Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger wanted to eradicate minorities by putting birth control clinics in their neighborhoods, a charge Planned Parenthood denies.

"The language in the billboard is using messages of fear and shame to target women of color," said Leola Reis, a spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood of Georgia. "If we want to reduce the number of abortions and unintended pregnancies, we need to work as a community to make sure we get quality affordable health care services to as many women and men as possible."

In 2008, Issues4Life, a California-based group working to end abortion in the black community, lobbied Congress to stop funding Planned Parenthood, calling black abortions "the Darfur of America."

Pro-Life Action League Executive Director Eric Scheidler said a race-based strategy for anti-abortion activists has gotten a fresh zeal, especially in the wake of the historic election of the country's first black president, Barack Obama, who supports abortion rights.

"He's really out of step with the rest of black America," Scheidler said. "That might be part of what may be shifting here and why a campaign like this is appropriate, to kind of wake up that disconnect."

Abortion rights advocates are disturbed. Spelman College professor Beverly Guy-Sheftall called the strategy a gimmick.

"To use racist arguments to try to bait black people to get them to be anti-abortion is just disgusting," said Guy-Sheftall, who teaches women's history and feminist thought at the historically black women's college.

"These one-issue approaches that are not about saving the black family or black children, it's just a big distraction," she said. "Many black people don't know who Margaret Sanger is and could care less."

Discuss.

Think of the (Black) Children!

that's sad; black babies are so cute with their outie belly buttons.

I:love:poor babies :rolleyes:

This only goes to highlight the stupidity of pro-lifers.

Iirc the first American proponents of abortion were firmly in the eugenics camp. This present day situation where the majority of abortions take place in minority communities would please them.

Black women are more likely to have abortions than white women. True, but black women are also likely to be poorer than white women and thus more likely to become pregnant unintentionally.
Q.E.D.

There is nothing more to say about the realities here.

So let's talk about the fantasies instead: :cool:

The experiment with using abortions to exterminate all black people in the US have obviously been a mistake. As everyone can see there are more black people in the US now than when abortions were legalised. It hasn't caused as much uproar as the Nazi Concentration camps, true, but it is simply not effective enough!

I suggest we abandon the abortion-strategy and try something else to remove all the black üntermenchen. Affluencing and working a whole people to extinction seems to have had good results in Japan, South Korea and several European countries. I suggest we get all black people into well-paying, highly stressful jobs, so that they will finally be exterminated!

Uh, did no one notice the people who took out the billboard are calling blacks a different species?

Do black women who abort have fewer children than women who don't?
At least one fewer, by my math. Mind you, lots of women who don't have abortions have also never been pregnant (like me).

The problem with it is that black groups aren't in danger of declining. The percentage is in fact increasing. To call them endangered is just making up a lie using race as a premise. It's also stupid and selfish. Half the reason for all the poverty and crimes come from mothers having babies they can't provide for. The poster is motivated for a stupid selfish and myopic reason.

Ya know, the anti-abortion activists might even be able to make a moral argument for their point. Might, that is, if they weren't just so frakkin evil. :rolleyes:

At least one fewer, by my math. Mind you, lots of women who don't have abortions have also never been pregnant (like me).

Exactly. As well, a women who has an abortion might end up having other pregnancies. While abortion certainly undoes one pregnancy, it might not cause a reduction in population-growth, if they don't deter other pregnancies.

While abortion certainly undoes one pregnancy, it might not cause a reduction in population-growth, if they don't deter other pregnancies.

Population dynamics is hard. :sad:

Uh, did no one notice the people who took out the billboard are calling blacks a different species?

:( I missed that... this is worse than I thought

Rather a few soulless cells, then a fully grown human being getting murdered, and people being born into poverty.

You support abortion and speak of a soul? :lol:

I would rather unborn babies to live there whole lives rather than a few weeks in the womb.

Top Bottom