Pro-Choice Advocates Are Trying To Commit Genocide Against Blacks Through Abortion?

This is a stupid argument that I have heard before. Even taking into account the higher rate of abortions, black women are still having more children than white women.

No, but it has caused there to be a lot fewer Blacks today then would be if Blacks had a lower abortion rate.

That's not really a given. A woman could choose to put off having kids until a later date by having an abortion while not effecting the number of kids she will have overall.

e.g. "I want 2 kids, but I don't want them at 16 so I'm having an abortion and waiting till later when my life is more stable to raise a family."

Which just happens to be the segment of the population most likely to have unintended pregnancies, especially at a very early age. The very people PP is trying to help. Coincidence, or what?

So is that why abortion rates for mid- and high-income groups have decreased while abortions for low-income groups have increased (At least it was that way between 1994 and 2000. We'll just have to wait for Guttmacher to post some more up-to-date stats to see what happened between 2000 and present)? Wouldn't logic dictate that the abortion rates for low-income groups should have declined, since that's the segment of the population PP is trying to help? Unless, of course, help = More abortions.

So is that why abortion rates for mid- and high-income groups have decreased while abortions for low-income groups have increased (At least it was that way between 1994 and 2000. We'll just have to wait for Guttmacher to post some more up-to-date stats to see what happened between 2000 and present)? Wouldn't logic dictate that the abortion rates for low-income groups should have declined, since that's the segment of the population PP is trying to help? Unless, of course, help = More abortions.

What is this doublethink?

It makes perfect sense.

Low income groups = less educated, harsher circumstances, more likely to engage in sexual activity in an unsafe manner at a younger age, higher rates of teen pregnancy, less economically able to have a child thus higher rates of abortion

Higher income groups= better acess to education and contraception to practice safe sex, if they do end up preganant economic circumstances more favorable for supporting a child, thus lower rates of abortion.

More abortions are a sign that the low income groups are getting the help they need.

That's not really a given. A woman could choose to put off having kids until a later date by having an abortion while not effecting the number of kids she will have overall.

e.g. "I want 2 kids, but I don't want them at 16 so I'm having an abortion and waiting till later when my life is more stable to raise a family."

Nope. There was a study done on this that showed that women who have an abortion have fewer children on average than those who don't. Lemme' see if I can find it.

If meat is Murder and murder tastes good
Then babies taste good?

It makes perfect sense.

Low income groups = less educated, harsher circumstances, more likely to engage in sexual activity in an unsafe manner at a younger age, higher rates of teen pregnancy, less economically able to have a child thus higher rates of abortion

Higher income groups= better acess to education and contraception to practice safe sex, if they do end up preganant economic circumstances more favorable for supporting a child, thus lower rates of abortion.

More abortions are a sign that the low income groups are getting the help they need.

No, it's not doublethink. I thought Planned Parenthood's goal was to prevent unwanted pregnancies by promoting use of birth control? Not to cause more abortions. The very fact that the abortion rate would rise in the segment of the population they're trying to help either indicates a failure to do what they set out to do or is evidence to the fact that they're doing what they set out to do which is to perform more abortions on the poor, thus limiting their numbers. At any rate, you basically just said that Planned Parenthood engages in the latter, which is nothing more than a form eugenics. Congratulations!

Oh, and in case you don't believe what I typed was true, here is the link. The actual quote says, "In 1994 as well, women with incomes below 200% of poverty had higher abortion rates than higher-income women. However, between 1994 and 2000, rates decreased among middle- and higher-income women, whereas they increased among poor and low-income women".

Margeret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was all about keeping blacks from breeding. Although it's worth pointing out that she thought abortion was abhorrent. I don't see what all the fuss is about, liberals are a rich history of touting abortion as a method of getting rid of the undesirables before they hatch. And on this board too.

Planned Parenthood's missions:

Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual, throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility, regardless of the individual's income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence. We believe that respect and value for diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our well-being. We believe that reproductive self-determination must be voluntary and preserve the individual's right to privacy. We further believe that such self-determination will contribute to an enhancement of the quality of life and strong family relationships.

Based on these beliefs, and reflecting the diverse communities within which we operate, the mission of Planned Parenthood is

to provide comprehensive reproductive and complementary health care services in settings which preserve and protect the essential privacy and rights of each individual
to advocate public policies which guarantee these rights and ensure access to such services
to provide educational programs which enhance understanding of individual and societal implications of human sexuality
to promote research and the advancement of technology in reproductive health care and encourage understanding of their inherent bioethical, behavioral, and social implications

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/vision-4837.htm

It's pretty clear, one of their goals is to make reproductive control accessible to people of all incomes, so I don't see a conflict here.

It makes perfect sense.

It depends on the facts that are true without regard to any facts about which they entail.

Low Income Groups= not all, but some do know that if one does engage in sexual activities without contraceptives, will mostly likely suffer economic hardship in the course of their attempt to climb out of the lower station in life to a better one in the future.

Higher Income Groups= not all, but some still go about recklessly having unsafe sex, and still commit abortion with the knowledge of having a better economic status in life to bring the child into this world, and as well as being properly educated on the risks of having unsafe sex.

More abortions in general show that more people are having unprotected sex.

Hyperbole isn't wrong nor 'stupid'.

What a nice way to justify being inaccurate. "Swine flu will be the next Spanish flu". It's not alarmist, it's just getting people's attention so they can get vaccinated.

... the use of species ruins an otherwise seductively manipulative ad aimed towards black people.

While at the same time emphasizing what they really think of them...

Planned Parenthood's missions:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/vision-4837.htm

It's pretty clear, one of their goals is to make reproductive control accessible to people of all incomes, so I don't see a conflict here.

So by operating in mainly minority neighborhoods, they're making reproductive services available to everyone? Shouldn't they be equally spread out across neighborhoods of all income levels then?

SS-18 ICBM said:
What a nice way to justify being inaccurate. "Swine flu will be the next Spanish flu". It's not alarmist, it's just getting people's attention so they can get vaccinated.

I didn't say it was alarmist. I said it was hyperbole. Do you not know what that is? Everyone and their mother's knows that Black babies aren't a different species or that they won't go extinct and no one would take the statement to be true, or even to be true, on its face.

Besarionis said:
...the use of species ruins an otherwise seductively manipulative ad aimed towards black people.

Well... Almost no one.

Formaldehyde said:
While at the same time emphasizing what they really think of them...

Which is?

I swear the more I post and the more I read, the more I become convinced that liberals in general are closet racists.

I didn't say it was alarmist. I said it was hyperbole. Do you not know what that is? Everyone and their mother's knows that Black babies aren't a different species or that they won't go extinct and no one would take the statement to be true, or even to be true, on its face.

My example was also hyperbolic. And alarmism is related to hyperbole. Stop playing semantics. The rhetoric behind the message is stupid.

This is like how conservatives have a rich history of supporting child rape. And on this board too.

My example was also hyperbolic. And alarmism is related to hyperbole. Stop playing semantics. The message is stupid.

Who's playing semantics? I'm not. Hyperbole does not necessarily equal alarmism. No, it really doesn't. Anyway, why is the message stupid? Inquiring minds, mainly mine, want to know?

Top Bottom