Project SYNTHESIS

Dont get me wrong but i dont think adding religion is a good idea just yet. Most of the religions that will be added will open up a whole new front to tackle.
Hellenism/Egyptian religion: would require balancing with Islam and Christianity, will have to look for tech.
Confucianism: founding and tech and balance.
Shia Islam: No point in adding Shia Islam without adding more Muslim faction (Persia, Egypt, Almoravids and maybe a Central asian civ) especially without adding Persia.
Orthodoxy: Will require balance and u will have to figure out how to make it spread to Byzantine and Russia.

Adding Ture Prophet is a huge change and will require alot of attention.

I think u should tackle the resource problem first because it is already half done and bad resource placement equals unbalanced gameplay. Religion will require tweaking techs, spread rates, founding probability, adding civs and whole lot of other stuff. If anything u should tackle religion after your done with adding civs, this will save u alot of time becuz then u wont have tweak religion everytime u add a civ or implement a new component to gameplay.

P.s: are u fixing the starting locations (China and India) in v2 or will it have to wait?

Dont get me wrong but i dont think adding religion is a good idea just yet. Most of the religions that will be added will open up a whole new front to tackle.
Hellenism/Egyptian religion: would require balancing with Islam and Christianity, will have to look for tech.
Confucianism: founding and tech and balance.
Shia Islam: No point in adding Shia Islam without adding more Muslim faction (Persia, Egypt, Almoravids and maybe a Central asian civ) especially without adding Persia.
Orthodoxy: Will require balance and u will have to figure out how to make it spread to Byzantine and Russia.

Adding Ture Prophet is a huge change and will require alot of attention.

I think u should tackle the resource problem first because it is already half done and bad resource placement equals unbalanced gameplay. Religion will require tweaking techs, spread rates, founding probability, adding civs and whole lot of other stuff. If anything u should tackle religion after your done with adding civs, this will save u alot of time becuz then u wont have tweak religion everytime u add a civ or implement a new component to gameplay.

This makes sense. Alright.

By the way, I'm uploading that terracotta army bugfix to the SVN right now.

And my plan of action:

For V .3:

-Map Changes
-India/ China/ Egypt capital movement
-resource moving
-resource spawns

For V .4:

-Add Sassanids
-Add Egyptian respawn
-Add Shi'a Islam

For V .5:

-Add Hellenism
-Add Egyptian religion (Ankhism?)

That's great !
Btw, what do you think about the Independent Copenhagen me and Cosmos suggested ?

Aside from resource tweaking; following are the changes that i would like to see in the next version:
1) Indie Copenhagen and Warsaw or Krakow (whichever is better)
2) Sheep in Baghdad and stone moved west.
3) Wheat in Tripoli and fish moved one tile North West.
4) Indies along the Silk road and trans Sahara. Kahgar in Western China and Taghaza in North Western Sahara. (both of these cities cannot be added currently because of lack of oasis but i think they deserve to be represented).
5) Anitoch to be replaced
6) Sheep removed from Mecca.
7) Independent Aspanada (modern day Isfahan).
9) Qufu replaced by Nanjing

Sorry if some of these suggestion were aready mentioned. Most of these changes should not be time consuming. 1,2,3,5,9 I think should be implemented; the rest were ideas that i had in my mind (some good others not so good).

India at Delhi is as good as it gets. The only real choice is between Delhi and Pataliputra, and Delhi wins by being a superior city location.

Why I even wrote this, nobody cares lol. Also, I did not read this thread (and I don't now). Ignorance is bliss.

What resources are being added to India? (could you give me a screenshot with all resources labelled?)

EDIT resource boosts for India
Gems (Kollur Mine, you have heard of Hope Diamond right?)
Gems
Gold (Kolar gold fields, mined over seven thousand years)
Iron in Southern Eastern India, (wootz steel)
Cotton in India (indigenous plant)
Iron in SW India (truly massive deposits)

Guys is any work ACTUALLY being done? I mean really? We've been spewing ideas and comments constantly, but I haven't seen any work being done to continue the development of this mod. The question really is, IS anyone working on this mod still?

Sorry but I'm just calling it as I see it :p

Guys is any work ACTUALLY being done? I mean really? We've been spewing ideas and comments constantly, but I haven't seen any work being done to continue the development of this mod. The question really is, IS anyone working on this mod still?

Sorry but I'm just calling it as I see it

Linkman is working on it but this is an ambitious project requires alot of work. One problem is that more help from modders. Perhaps u want to help :rolleyes: ( Even if ur not an expert, im sure u know how to spawn resources or spawn indies).

EDIT resource boosts for India
Gems (Kollur Mine, you have heard of Hope Diamond right?)
Gems
Gold (Kolar gold fields, mined over seven thousand years)
Iron in Southern Eastern India, (wootz steel)
Cotton in India (indigenous plant)
Iron in SW India (truly massive deposits)

I know India needs to be buffed a little but with adding these on top of all the new resources (tobacco, potatos, coffee) will be overdoing it.

Linkman is working on it but this is an ambitious project requires alot of work. One problem is that more help from modders. Perhaps u want to help :rolleyes: ( Even if ur not an expert, im sure u know how to spawn resources or spawn indies).

I know India needs to be buffed a little but with adding these on top of all the new resources (tobacco, potatos, coffee) will be overdoing it.

Yeah, Linkman hasn't been modding long, he will pick up speed as he learns.

Those are historical resources for India, I was offering Linkman choices

4) Indies along the Silk road and trans Sahara. Kashgar in Western China and Taghaza in North Western Sahara. (both of these cities cannot be added currently because of lack of oasis but i think they deserve to be represented).

I like this idea :)
Independent Merv as well ?

This makes sense. Alright.

By the way, I'm uploading that terracotta army bugfix to the SVN right now.

And my plan of action:

For V .3:

-Map Changes
-India/ China/ Egypt capital movement
-resource moving
-resource spawns

For V .4:

-Add Sassanids
-Add Egyptian respawn
-Add Shi'a Islam

For V .5:

-Add Hellenism
-Add Egyptian religion (Ankhism?)
You forgot Orthodoxy! It is important because it was the state religion of many ingame civs: Byzantium, Russia, Greece. Zoroastrianism was only in Persia. Egyptian religion was only in Egypt.

You forgot Orthodoxy! It is important because it was the state religion of many ingame civs: Byzantium, Russia, Greece. Zoroastrianism was only in Persia. Egyptian religion was only in Egypt.

I think.. Catholic should be split to Catholic and Orthodoxy, rather than Catholic and Protestantism, because, well, IMO, Orthodoxy played a bigger role on the world history, rather than Protestantism, am I getting it right ?
Or maybe, Christianity split first into Catholic and Orthodoxy, and Catholic will split again into Catholic and Protestantism?

Or maybe, Christianity split first into Catholic and Orthodoxy, and Catholic will split again into Catholic and Protestantism?

I like this better because Protestantism has to be there to represent European warfare.

Also several people have suggested taking out zoroastarianism; i think its a bad idea becuz:
1) Serves as a religion to early Persia, Central Asia, Babylon.
2) Stops the spread of Buddhism Hinduism and Christianity from the region until the arrival of Islam.
3) Its already in there; taking it out will take effort. We can just tone it down a bit and make it dissapear with the arrival of Islam

We need Protestantism, Europe needs to be a bloodbath :devil:

We need Protestantism, Europe needs to be a bloodbath :devil:

The sad thing is, is that it hardly ever is, even with Protestantism added... :blush:

I agree. if you go democracy surrounded by monarchies, you should get bad relations or war. every nearly every crown in europe united against france after the revolution.

Then there were the big divides that happened with communist, fascist and democratic states (and all of those in between).

Top Bottom