Project SYNTHESIS

Well you can, the problem is, you would have to do the extra work.

I think if the Byzantine are alive at the 600 date the Persians should be as well. The Sassanids were alive and thriving before the Arab Invasion.

But fell around 630 AD.

I think if the Byzantine are alive at the 600 date the Persians should be as well. The Sassanids were alive and thriving before the Arab Invasion.

The Byzantines made it almost nine hundred years after AD 600, Sassanids were dead in fifty years

WHen do you get Spring/March Break?

In two weeks, April break! :) Aka major progress

if you are including lots of religions please don't make them a requirement for wonders. that annoys me enough in DoC but with lots only a few country can get them making it a lot less competitive and removing a level of strategy.

MOST of the new religions won't be tied to any wonders or buildings.

The Ottomans dont start with a settler:confused:
Theres no way that Constantinople can be conquered on the starting turn
And if all the units are moved one tile west, the independent borders expand and all the units are pushed to the north of the Caucasas
Please gime a solution; the Ottomans are my favourite civ:)

Um... I can usually capture Constantinople the second turn... and the Indie culture doesn't spread until the third turn (correct me if I'm wrong)...Are you sure?

WB a settler?

This is also a solution.

What would I have to edit to enable hotseat for this?

As The Turk and Leoreth said:

You can't. Hotseat for RFC mods is like creating a whole new mod altogether. Sorry :(

You can "kind of" play mods hotseat if you use the cheatmode option to cycle through civs (I've forgotten which keys do that again). The only thing you had to leave to the AI would be diplomacy, then, though you could circumvent this by some liberal WB use.

It's not pretty, but it works.

what if you used the multiplayer normal rfc as a base to which you could add the improvements this mod makes?

Two problems. One, as Leoreth said:

Well you can, the problem is, you would have to do the extra work.

And 2, RFC:Multiplayer is currently... lacking. For starters, you're rather limited in the civs that you can play as from the beginning. And the civs start at ahistorical dates- for example, if you pick Rome and your friend picks Carthage, you'll start on the same turn, even though that's not supposed to happen in regular RFC. Also, certain features are removed, like Congresses.

As Leoreth and civking said:

But fell around 630 AD.

The Byzantines made it almost nine hundred years after AD 600, Sassanids were dead in fifty years

The file size might be too big

Can anybody please upload it to other place than Gamefront ? I'm really having difficulties downloading via that one -.-"

I'm also thinking another thing...
But I'm sure this one gonna be big and took a lot of time..
First of all, can we change the Civs Flag and Logo after a certain year, just like we change the Leaderhead ?

As Leoreth and civking said:
True. Nevermind then

Anyway, in my Arabian game the 2nd UHV(Hold or Vassalize Levant, Egypt, Africa) didn't trigger. Oddly, I somehow got the 40% goal on the same turn so I assumed I also got the first two goals at the same time. I held every city in Spain and Portugal, 3 in Egypt, and Jerusalem. I razed the horrible city north of Jerusalem so that -could- be the cause, but my culture expanded into Turkey anyway(up to the mountain and cyprus). If that is the cause...that's..pretty dumb.

If it's bugged to include North Africa..I did. I had cities in Libya, Algeria, and Morocco and I tried to fix it with worldbuilder(by cheat building Carthage) but nothing happened.

Also, resources like wheat and sheep shouldn't "exhaust" imo.

@Linkman: Could I know, what changes you have already made?

And what civs do u plan on adding first? (My suggestion would be to go by region)
So if ur focusing on Europe first, you should add Prussia, Minor Poland and perhaps a rebirth in the balkans to represent Ottoman-European conflict.

If u plan on focusing on Middle East first then you should add Berbers, Fatimids, Safavids and Timurids.

This way you can add the civs and balance the whole region at the same time; thus saving you some valuable time. Another suggestion I would make is to add civs by time period so earlier civs come first; because earlier civs can have a potential impact on later civs.

@Linkman: Could I know, what changes you have already made?

And what civs do u plan on adding first? (My suggestion would be to go by region)
So if ur focusing on Europe first, you should add Prussia, Minor Poland and perhaps a rebirth in the balkans to represent Ottoman-European conflict.

If u plan on focusing on Middle East first then you should add Berbers, Fatimids, Safavids and Timurids.

This way you can add the civs and balance the whole region at the same time; thus saving you some valuable time. Another suggestion I would make is to add civs by time period so earlier civs come first; because earlier civs can have a potential impact on later civs.

Woah woah woah hold your horses brother. I got four AP courses on my plate here! Right now I'm doing map changes and resource spawns. A few every day. April break will allow me to consider some of these other suggestions your making.

Woah woah woah hold your horses brother. I got four AP courses on my plate here! Right now I'm doing map changes and resource spawns. A few every day. April break will allow me to consider some of these other suggestions your making.
:lol: I didnt mean it like that; i just put it up so u take them into consideration when u are going to make those changes.

Can anybody please upload it to other place than Gamefront ? I'm really having difficulties downloading via that one -.-"

I'm also thinking another thing...
But I'm sure this one gonna be big and took a lot of time..
First of all, can we change the Civs Flag and Logo after a certain year, just like we change the Leaderhead ?

Sure, for the next version.

True. Nevermind then

Anyway, in my Arabian game the 2nd UHV(Hold or Vassalize Levant, Egypt, Africa) didn't trigger. Oddly, I somehow got the 40% goal on the same turn so I assumed I also got the first two goals at the same time. I held every city in Spain and Portugal, 3 in Egypt, and Jerusalem. I razed the horrible city north of Jerusalem so that -could- be the cause, but my culture expanded into Turkey anyway(up to the mountain and cyprus). If that is the cause...that's..pretty dumb.

If it's bugged to include North Africa..I did. I had cities in Libya, Algeria, and Morocco and I tried to fix it with worldbuilder(by cheat building Carthage) but nothing happened.

Also, resources like wheat and sheep shouldn't "exhaust" imo.

Anyone else having this issue?

On decaying resources: I'm gonna change it so only some do- especially the fossil fuels. I've been thinking of adding solar energy and wind power to (1) make deserts more useful, (2)replace the decaying fossil fuels, and (3) stimulate our current energy crisis.

And I don't think wheat decays right now- correct me if I'm wrong.

While this submod was lacking in civilizations, I really liked the replacement for the maceman. Could someone tell me how I can put it into another submod?

Sure, for the next version.

Anyone else having this issue?

On decaying resources: I'm gonna change it so only some do- especially the fossil fuels. I've been thinking of adding solar energy and wind power to (1) make deserts more useful, (2)replace the decaying fossil fuels, and (3) stimulate our current energy crisis.

And I don't think wheat decays right now- correct me if I'm wrong.
Well I'm not sure about wheat, I played as persia and within 10 turns the cows near delphi, the fish near Persia and Sur, the sheep near Sarmaqand and Babylon, and the copper near babylon all disappeared. I was forced to cheat to create them again since it ruined half my cities.

please could you give us an option to disable the resources. i know it needs balancing but i find the whole thing quite obstructive while playing.

Im having second thoughts about depleting resources too:

-None of the crops, luxury resources, Animals should deplete cuz they are grown/made year after year.
-Stone, Marble, Iron, Copper should not deplete because they are too abundant around the world.

-The only resources that should be depleted over time is:
Uranium
Whale
Ivory
Coal
Oil

My solution to the problem is to have resources dissapear and/or replaced at a certain date. For example, Marble was important in Ancient Egypt but during the middle ages we can replace it with cotton as Marble was no longer an important commodity around the world.

This will have two benifits:
1) It will make room for the new resources which you have added; that is without making any cities overpowered.
2) Out of place resources such as modern day horses and incense would be replaced with more fitting resources.

With the several new luxury resources added, other luxuries need to deplete to keep the game balanced. You really can't have the cake and eat it here.

Top Bottom