PW-01: Holy word

Ah, I'm new around here, so I didn't notice a legend had descended from Olympus to grace our thread.

In all seriousness, I think we should try and make this work. I think we can do it, as long as no horribly horrible things happen to us.

And back to unseriousness, I've got a feeling we would be able to beat the odds and manage with my start. Somehow.

edit: on second thought, I can get random maps whenever I want, but this might be my only chance to get a legendary map, so why the hell not.

What's a religious victory?
Is it part of patch 3.13?

Religious is the Apostolic Palace victory.
It's new since BtS.
Once you have built the AP, if you spread your religion to every civ in the world ( at least one city of each civ ), and you are elected a pope, you can ask for a religious leader vote ( similar to United Nations ) :king:
Should you win the vote, you win the game ;)

@r_rolo1 :
I vote for a genuinely handcrafted map (TM) by the legendary builder (R) ;)

@ pawelo

I was stating that I agree with the wishlist you made... I thinked that was obvious that I wanted that our Divinized Egyptian Engineeer friend made a map for us ;)

Half of the roster kindly requests your legendary craft for our holy mission.

May the Light guide your mouse while you do your masterpiece.

Shopping list:
- start on a river plain hill
- oasis next to the start
- gold or non-jungle gem in the BFC
- riverside cow or pig
- several floodplains
- 2-3 non forested hills
- 1-2 forests in the BFC for health
I leave the rest to your talent :)

@pawelo:

All right. I'll post the save tomorrow before evening (Central Europe Time) if that's okay with ya all. I've some ideas already :devil: :D ...

Imhotep:

I don't know if it's the :devil: in your post or the fact that it was your 666th post, but something tells me we are up for a nice map and game...

All these unholy symbolic cannot be accidental :)

Ah, I'm new around here, so I didn't notice a legend had descended from Olympus to grace our thread.
that's okay, i get that all the time ~ you're forgiven :lol:

immy's maps are the best ~ you should've seen the Banana-rama he crafted for us. of course, there was that one with NO resources . . . hmmm :mischief:

and i must say, 60some posts and no turns ~ that might be a record, even counting all the spam-filled SGs i've been in.

i knew i was right to sign-up to this game ~ :yup:

awaiting the legendary Timon of Athens...er, Imhotep ;) :) to craft a map ~ [oh, and you're up in RotQM5, too, Im]

not so much retired, but faded away . . . ya know, i really should finish that ~ i wanted to end it with "help from above" ~ nukes and tanks WB'ed in!

Victory is mine (or ours as the case may be)!! :devil:

I'm gonna laugh when he sticks us with a start with a full 20 resources in the bfc - but it's an island with only those 21 tiles.

@Zargon

Well, if he wants to answer your requirements, he can do it this particular way :)

@pholkhero, r_rolo1

I always knews this one was going to be special ;)
Who said it was spam ?
And now, since we are up for a "handcrafted" map, it's going to be even more special :lol:

Lurking

I did think about enlisting (but you're better off with TriAl).

An isolated start would probably be good for the variant. Beeline philosophy after monotheism, run priests to lightbulb theo and DR then export your starting religion via missionaies on caravels coz if you have all the religions then there should be no religion spread until astronomy for oceanic trade.

Lurking

I did think about enlisting (but you're better off with TriAl).

An isolated start would probably be good for the variant. Beeline philosophy after monotheism, run priests to lightbulb theo and DR then export your starting religion via missionaies on caravels coz if you have all the religions then there should be no religion spread until astronomy for oceanic trade.

Glad you were considering to join :) Stay tuned, should one of the players drop en route.

You're right about the isolated - it would surely make it easier to get all the religions and not worry about :
- AI invasion
- unwanted spread

You would only be left with barbs to deal, which can be painful (see a memorable exemple in your thread ;)) in case of the barb upriseing event.

The problem would be in achieving to export your initial religion to every single AI city in the world given you may only spam three missionaries at the time. If you start it near 1200AD (beelining Astronomy after religions and nicely micro-managing), it can be difficult to spam several dozens missionaries and send them oversees.
What is difficult too is to get OB with several leaders. I don't know if it would work - imagine Alex in war with Stalin - worst enemies. To spread @Alex's, you have to OB with him. It sets you -4 with Stalin right from the start, and can be very hard to ever OB with him.

I have the same problem in my current Lonely Heart ((c) r_rolo1) game. I was trying to get the AP win, but Izzie will never sign OB with me. Therefore, I invaded one of her coastal cities, spreaded Christianity, and waiting for her to get the city back. Still not sure it will work, I might be just too weak, and dumb Theocratic Qin and Kublai, when I gifted them my missionary, spreaded it in 21-size Beijing (instead of 1-size Macao where the gift was done) and 15-size Tabriz... Btw, it seems the AI is less dumb regarding the gifted missionary exploit since 3.13.

If you've got all the religions then the AI will have none (obviously) in which case natural spread should help a lot; you'd only need a few missionaries to seed religion in each continent.

pawelo: have you considered gifting your (christian) city to Isabella as part of a peace treaty?

The religion spreading at caravels can be awesome. Find a continent of non religious types, send in 3-4 missionaries and possibly bribe them to convert - instant best friends... although spreading different religions to each civ on the island can make for a proper bloodbath. It's not very ghandi though, I supose.

One of Imhotep's maps could be fun there... :)

As long as the devil bananas aren't lurking about (that SG made awesome reading btw!).

Having said that, I think our rolled start is awesome for this game:

It has FPs which give bonus food with no tech - the oasis as well. My inclination would be to slip agriculture in after poly/med, before masonry/mono - spit 1/2 workers - farm them and use the excess food to spit out workers/settlers - later change some to cottages and use those to drive some powerful research? It'd have Civil Service written all over it?

The only thing that could be any better is a Grassland hill with gems/gold on it and no forest - mine with our starting tech and powerhouse the economy right out the gate.

If you've got all the religions then the AI will have none (obviously) in which case natural spread should help a lot; you'd only need a few missionaries to seed religion in each continent.

pawelo: have you considered gifting your (christian) city to Isabella as part of a peace treaty?

You're right with the natural spread - given we have all religions, once you convert one city the AI tends to spread it by itself for happiness.

Side note: I couldn't give her back with peace - maybe the fact it was still revolting. Anyway, I will hand her the city at the first occasion.

Imhotep, your servant is impatiently waiting for the masterpiece to appear...

Unce upon a time there lived a man of great mind, yet with no belief in the divine powers of heaven. Therefore he could devise great things, but they were not perfect, for they lacked the spirit things have when they are conceived with belief. As one of his works was subperfect again the man cast it into the fire and cried: "I will no longer make second best things. But where shall I find perfection ?" Then to his astonishment he heard a cry far off: "Imhotep, I entrust you with power to alter the world - for one day. If you then do not believe in God the Creator, then you shall roast in hell !" And so it came that Imhotep delivered one of the greatest works ever...

I hope that you haven't made us isolated... 3 games isolated at the same time is too much for me :lol:

P.S Weren't we supposed to be Indians? But Ramesses is fine by me ( even better with Mining swapped with Myst :p ) :D and those plain hill silver,gold and gems are nice as well ;)

EDIT F8 gave me some interesting news as well :p

Ah, it is truly a heavenly creation. Only a divine being could conceive of a floodplain grassland.

And Imhotep stroke poor Gandhi with a lightning, providing him with a funny beard and sculpted hair :lol:

Hell with the story, thanks for your great effort Imhotep!
I'm tempted to worldbuild it :mischief:

Anyway, I love this start. It's a master piece.

For our friends far away from the civ computer, meet Gand..., hmm, Ramessess (r_rolo1 - Wen Amon, the Come Back ? ;) - private joke, sorry):

So, are we up to settle in place, or... ?

I'm going to let us discuss it for a few hours (though in half an hour I go to have a drink or two) and kick this on afterwards (hopefully not too much :crazyeye: :D).

Top Bottom