Search for the variable "SkipIntroVideo = 0"
Change the 0 to 1

I found the answer in another thread.

For the benefit of others I am reposting it here:

Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/
Look for the file "Usersettings.ini" and open it in a text editor like Notepad
Change the 0 to 1

Thanks very much. This game keeps crashing on me, and I have seen that video enough times ti drive me to the point of maddness. It is great to not have to sit through it again.

Change the 0 to 1

Did you both completely miss my post? :confused:
Anyway, glad you got it working.

Did you both completely miss my post? :confused:
Anyway, glad you got it working.

I guess they did. I would have included it in my post, but I couldn't remember the file and option and figured they would be able to find it. It may be worthwhile to take that and a few other commonly asked questions in a separate sticky for players. However, getting them to read that sticky might be another battle.

With a 27-page "quick" q and a thread and a search function thats not really good, I can understand the inclination to just ask the question.
I did lol inwardly, though, when the question was asked immediately below Pieceofmind's answer.

Is there any way to see unimproved resources?

It's kind of annoying to to have to examine the graphics to find any unimproved resources in recently conquered territory.

I have a city-state ally (Dublin) which is asking me to build a road to it. It's on another continent. Is this even possible?:confused:

During battle, I am seeing a "Strategic Resource Penalty."

I don't remember that in the Manual. Can anyone explain it?

During battle, I am seeing a "Strategic Resource Penalty."

I don't remember that in the Manual. Can anyone explain it?

I believe you get a 50% penalty if you do not have the resources required to maintain a particular unit. Iron for swordsmen, fx.
It can happen if your IP with the CS, that supplies your iron falls below ally status, or if your single iron mine gets pillaged.

Is there any way to see unimproved resources?

It's kind of annoying to to have to examine the graphics to find any unimproved resources in recently conquered territory.

If you switch to Strategic View (the bottom button to the left of the mini-map, f10 hotkey I believe) it will show tiles with their resource icons, as well as any improvements to the tile. So if there is no improvement on the tile, it is an unimproved resource. Easy to tell, and it also gives a kind of 'shadow' of the improvement icon for suggestions, so a farm on wheat, pasture on cattle, etc.

Ever since the official patch came out in CiV I can't work out how to annex puppet cities anymore. Previously when I clicked on the city it asked me if I wanted to annex it, now it just takes me to the city screen (where I can look but not touch!). Am I blindly missing an obvious method? Can anyone help me feel less stupid?

Change the 0 to 1

(and to piece of mind!)
You probably just saved hours of my life in wasted time waiting for that damn movie to exit!

Is there a game re-play like there was in an older version of Civ where you can see the whole world and how culture expanded and where wonders were built over time?

Is there a game re-play like there was in an older version of Civ where you can see the whole world and how culture expanded and where wonders were built over time?
:lol:
Nope, there isn't. I guess it wasn't organic enough to implement :rolleyes:

You can however try dannythefool's Replay Reader to acquire that staple for civ series. Hope that helps.

I have a city-state ally (Dublin) which is asking me to build a road to it. It's on another continent. Is this even possible?:confused:

I would presume you would need a city on Dublin's continent with a harbor link and a road to Dublin from that city. Never had it come up, but that's what I would try.

I believe you get a 50% penalty if you do not have the resources required to maintain a particular unit. Iron for swordsmen, fx.
It can happen if your IP with the CS, that supplies your iron falls below ally status, or if your single iron mine gets pillaged.

Only time I've had this happen is with coal, when I capture cities with factories (which the AI seems able to build WITHOUT coal, irritatingly enough). Anyone know if having negative coal affects factories in any way, beyond not being able to build more?

I would presume you would need a city on Dublin's continent with a harbor link and a road to Dublin from that city. Never had it come up, but that's what I would try.

That at least worked for me before the most recent patch -- would assume it still works. I wonder if the City State having just a harbor is sufficeint.

I have not had this happen, but I wonder what happens if you have say 2 * 4 iron mines, and so build 8 swordsmen, and 1 iron mine gets pillaged? Do they suffer at all?

can you send units through the map borders and they'll spawn at the other side of the map?

Top Bottom