Rampant racism in Germany, Mexico, and Quebec!!!

Who eats a salad at a fastfood chain? Yuck... you need to be checked out

Assuming I want a salad, I'm out of the house, and I don't want to spend almost $10 to get a different salad of similar quality at a place where it will take longer to receive it then sure, McDonalds provides a reasonable option for acquisition of a prepared salad. :p

It's not like the french fries contaminate the lettuce with their tasty goodness.

Yeah sure, dressing is fine. I wasn't arguing against dressing. Just saying: Salad without it doesn't taste bland. It tastes like salad.

Uhm, yes. But i have the suspicion that V is largely satisfied with having made his point.
If he isn't i'm sure he will show up at some point, further react to comment made on topic, demand specfic additional input from us...
...and scold us for the whole salad thing. We could easily take it from there, since the new track doesn't really has the potential for 10 pages of debate either (in fact much less so than the OP's premise). :)
I've loving the salad and toppings discussion. Derail away.

Crispy bits of bacon in a salad? Yup.

Nuts? Sure.

Raisins? Sliced apple? Orange? Pasta? Croutons? Why not?

Hard-boiled eggs? Nah, no way!

You forgot garbanzo beans. MMmmmm.

I don't know those.

I'm not fond of Bulgar wheat, nor couscous in a salad though.

Nor bean sprouts, or other sprouty things, either.

Grated carrots aren't too bad, I suppose.

As far as salads are concerned, this is the epitome of rampant racism:

Link to video.

Couscous doesn't belong in a salad as one of many ingredients, it's its own sald on merit.

EDIT: Oh god, I'm getting sick just looking at that video...

I would eat that.

Have you ever been to a churrascaria? It is a Brazilian all-you-can-eat meat restaurant. It is essentially the same thing only not in salad form.

And here I thought heaven was all all-girl cabaret in New Orleans. Seems, per that pic, I was wrong!

Now that is intriguing Formy. I'm am relatively certain we don't have one locally, which means I would have to check one out on a trip. And given the almost inevitable outcome of me purchasing a meal in such a location it would also almost certainly ruin the rest of the trip. :/ More fun to dream about than to procure, perhaps!

There are at least a couple in Chicago and Kansas City based on a quick google search.

But I have to warn you. I wasn't that impressed with the one I went to in Manhattan. The meat consisted of cheaper cuts and was all pretty tough. But given that it wasm't that cheap reinforced by drinking far too much alcohol, I felt the need to eat to excess. I don't think there was a single female in the restaurant either. It was a pretty weird experience all told, and I didn't have any desire to go back.

Have you ever been to a churrascaria? It is a Brazilian all-you-can-eat meat restaurant. It is essentially the same thing only not in salad form.

Funny thing about churrascarias – they usually have kick-ass salad bars. My wife is vegetarian and never has had a problem finding enough food when we dine at one.

Couscous doesn't belong in a salad as one of many ingredients, it's its own sald on merit.

EDIT: Oh god, I'm getting sick just looking at that video...

I'm pretty sure you meant to say hungry, horny, or flavor-blasted there.

Funny thing about churrascarias – they usually have kick-ass salad bars. My wife is vegetarian and never has had a problem finding enough food when we dine at one.

That's how they get ya. You fill up on salad then you can't eat any of the meat. It's all a conspiracy.

There are at least a couple in Chicago and Kansas City based on a quick google search.

But I have to warn you. I wasn't that impressed with the one I went to in Manhattan. The meat consisted of cheaper cuts and was all pretty tough. But given that it wasm't that cheap reinforced by drinking far too much alcohol, I felt the need to eat to excess. I don't think there was a single female in the restaurant either. It was a pretty weird experience all told, and I didn't have any desire to go back.

I'll have to keep it in mind. It is a little bit tempting and I do get into Chicago every now and then to visit either the Lincoln Park or Brookfield Zoo. My wife really hates driving in Chicago though, like significantly more than I find it annoying. So I'm not certain that I would want to try and tempt fate with stretching a trip to a place where I'm likely to binge on meat and beer and she's going to have to take the wheel on the way out. Plus...I dunno, parking is just a pain in the tookus. ;)

I'm pretty sure you meant to say hungry, horny, or flavor-blasted there.

Horny? I'm pretty sure I never had the desire to hump a piece of dry meat. But hey, whatever floats your boat. :) If you meant the guys in that video, they are not really my type either...

Seriously though, I've nothing against meat and I like to eat it too, but it's best when there's some flavour besides meat on it. Like I love chocolate as well, but if I have nothing else to eat the whole day, I'm going to be sick of it as well ;)

Horny? I'm pretty sure I never had the desire to hump a piece of dry meat. But hey, whatever floats your boat. :) If you meant the guys in that video, they are not really my type either...

Seriously though, I've nothing against meat and I like to eat it too, but it's best when there's some flavour besides meat on it. Like I love chocolate as well, but if I have nothing else to eat the whole day, I'm going to be sick of it as well ;)

Hungry camp myself, but I felt like I had to give an option between hungry and flavor-blasted.

I'll have to keep it in mind. It is a little bit tempting and I do get into Chicago every now and then to visit either the Lincoln Park or Brookfield Zoo. My wife really hates driving in Chicago though, like significantly more than I find it annoying. So I'm not certain that I would want to try and tempt fate with stretching a trip to a place where I'm likely to binge on meat and beer and she's going to have to take the wheel on the way out. Plus...I dunno, parking is just a pain in the tookus. ;)

Sure, sure, ignore Kansas City! :mad: :(

Top Bottom