Random Rants ΟΔ: broken record

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else are you expecting from anti-Semites?

No.

You should go there. Those guys are craaaayayayayayazeeee. You'd fit right in.

I refer you to my thread on how bad people are at identifying who is and is not an antisemite.

Unrelated rant, usually I find British royal wedding coverage irritating, but this time round I've just found it baffling. I genuinely didn't know we had a "Princess Eugenie", or that there was some sort of wedding in the works until it was already happening. Do they just keep a supply of spare Hanoverians in storage for slow news days?

She's Andrew and wotsherface's daughter you muppet. You know, it's a Royal Knockout and all that.

The Hanoverians btw are Victoria's Grandchildren. So they're English.

otoh Victoria's Great-great-something-Grandad was German, so they're German.

otoh His Great-Grandad was James VI of Scotland. So they're Scottish and you should be more proud of them. Unless you're just a filthy Republican.

Unrelated rant, usually I find British royal wedding coverage irritating, but this time round I've just found it baffling. I genuinely didn't know we had a "Princess Eugenie", or that there was some sort of wedding in the works until it was already happening. Do they just keep a supply of spare Hanoverians in storage for slow news days?
Spare Hanoverians are stored in a special room in the basement of south wing of Windsor Castle.

She's Andrew and wotsherface's daughter you muppet. You know, it's a Royal Knockout and all that.

The Hanoverians btw are Victoria's Grandchildren. So they're English.

otoh Victoria's Great-great-something-Grandad was German, so they're German.

otoh His Great-Grandad was James VI of Scotland. So they're Scottish and you should be more proud of them. Unless you're just a filthy Republican.
So many ways to say "a Protestant with a horse".

Wasn't the majority of European royalty around WW1 Victoria's children and grandchildren?

Yeah. So they're all Scottish really.

TF sounding dangerously like a Papist... [pissed]

Russia, England and Germany were all ruled by her grandchildren. The Russian Tzar and English King were practically dopplegangers.
Small correction, Nicholas wasn't a descendant of Victoria; he was related to George through their shared maternal grandfather, Christian IX of Denmark. He was, however, married to another of Victoria's grandchildren, Alix of Hesse, and was also cousins with another grandchild, Wilhelm II. The monarchs of Greece, Sweden and Denmark are also in there somewhere, and the monarchs of Spain and Romania are tied up in this by marriage.

European royalty are pretty gross, when you get down to it.

Yeah. So they're all Scottish really.
Fun fact, because of this, five of the eight European monarchs, reigning today are direct descendants of Brian Boru, the legendary 10th century King of Munster. Who'd have guessed?

Last edited:
I refer you to my thread on how bad people are at identifying who is and is not an antisemite.

This springs naturally from the pretense that antisemitism is a core element of Fascism. Fascism foments and uses fear and hatred of "the other" to build commonality and excuse its excesses. Because Nazi Germany chose the Jews as their "other" and they are the most famous fascists the pretense is superficially reasonable, and modern fascists are constantly obfuscating with "but I never said anything against the Jews" as if whoever pointed out their fascism had called them antisemitic instead. The absurdity is best illustrated by Israelis, who whip up fear and hatred of Palestinians as the foundation of their society and justification for their government being the world's most prolific terrorist state, but will scoff at any observations about fascism with a resounding belly laugh and "we can't be fascists, we're Jews."

The Hungarian right are super anti-Semitic, though, is the thing. Both Jobbik and Orban's mob.

Issue seems to be that Mouthwash is prepared to identify the guys in brown uniforms as anti-Semitic, but not the pro-Israel strongmen, so he's allowing himself to read significances into this horrible proposal that aren't really, y'know, there.

Fun fact, because of this, five of the eight European monarchs, reigning today are direct descendants of Brian Boru, the legendary 10th century King of Munster. Who'd have guessed?
Given the prolificness of that kind of monarch I'm pretty sure that everyone from the Vistula to the west is descended from Brian Boru, Charlemagne and a few other well-known figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom