Random Rants ΠΓ': Parental guidance required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think buying a proper stand would be cheaper than fixing/replacing the computer or monitor if it crashes to the ground.

I think buying a proper stand would be cheaper than fixing/replacing the computer or monitor if it crashes to the ground.
Not really, no. If I'm going to buy a standing desk, I'm going to get a good one. Meanwhile I would be perfectly happy with a very cheap (~$50) monitor as I don't really play any high-spec games that require a fancy one and I have two so I don't need an especially large one. I expect a good standing desk will cost me $200-300 on the other hand. Plus, I don't actually think the monitor will fall over.

I really wish I could stick around to grab the next thread but I have stuff to do.

Rant: My mother destroyed some of my books out of carelessness. :sad: She's not even sorry about it.

You're doing the right thing @haroon, good on you for seeking justice for the child. Hopefully you find out nothing happened to her but still force her family to take better care of her.

Not as easy as I thought Hobb, not to mention to push her family to seek for justice, to push her family to go to hospital for a check up (visum+test on hepatitis, HIV and others) is hard, even though this will cost me quite money but amazingly instead of feeling thankful it feel like a burden. I have a demanding job to take care 6 days a week, I can lend my time one or two day to help them and introduce them to people or organization that can help them, but I don't have the luxury to dedicated my time for them, even I haven't meet my sick mother for months.

If this is not working as well, what I can do is to meet the NGO that focus on child protection and make a report on her case. Sorry guys.

Alemana....I'm going to presume that means German. (I only know and guess since the French has "Allemagne" for Germany).

I want to take anti-globalization global. :)

haroon, since this is Saudi Arabia you're talking about (unless you've returned to Turkey): is there any risk for the parents in taking the child to hospital/the police?
Every time I leave this apartment for an extended period of time and come back, I am painfully reminded of how every roommate I get stuck with is bordering on feral.

The toilet seat was literally crusty. The kitchen counters were covered in mysterious congealed substances. The dark blue drying mat was bright brown and covered in garbage and dirty dishes.

It's only been two weeks. How?

Better yet: How can you even live each day like that and not see a problem? Really, no attempt at all at cleaning it? Not even a lackluster wiping down?

Anyways what are you guys up to
OK, you need me to become your flatmate. I can cook and clean my own room and those people cannot.

I want to take anti-globalization global. :)
Globalise antiglobalisation?

Just like with the EUlization, globalization would only be livable if it was actually one entity in a meaningful sense.
Look at England, which due to sharing the american language ( :mischief: ) with the US, is by now reduced to hickville.

Besides, you can't have (even tenuously) a "common culture" even in the same country, if your population is hundreds of millions - let alone 8 billlions.

Last edited:
The irony of your attempted irony will one day be revealed.

I am lost. Who is being ironic to whom?

haroon, since this is Saudi Arabia you're talking about (unless you've returned to Turkey): is there any risk for the parents in taking the child to hospital/the police?

Indonesia not Saudi Arabia, her father pass away while her mother suffering from TBC she's been taking care by her relative. There's no risk beside the police pretty much left you alone on this struggle, unless you give money to them or you must investigate and compiles witness and evidence to convince them to push the case further to the court, and at the court there is a whole different struggle and process. They also afraid the stigma they will get from society and intimidation from the culprit. That is as far as I know, this is also quite new to me, and I see this mentality as strange and foreign.

edit: Police here like an arcade machine, they only work if you insert the coin, and you must keep putting the coin in to keep them work. There is a saying here, if you lost your chicken and you report it to the police, at the end you will lose your cow also.

Last edited:
I'm always so thankful to live in countries which mostly work, especially when I hear things like that :/.

Every time I leave this apartment for an extended period of time and come back, I am painfully reminded of how every roommate I get stuck with is bordering on feral.

The toilet seat was literally crusty. The kitchen counters were covered in mysterious congealed substances. The dark blue drying mat was bright brown and covered in garbage and dirty dishes.

It's only been two weeks. How?

Better yet: How can you even live each day like that and not see a problem? Really, no attempt at all at cleaning it? Not even a lackluster wiping down?

Anyways what are you guys up to

I manage to not properly clean up for 2 months+, and still make my room look like it only needs some proper wet cleaning at max.
I always wonder how people can get dirty so quickly...or at all o_O.

My neighbors decided to have a loud Monday-night party. Yay for me.

Sounds like someone you need to get to know. Whenever my gf's neighbors have a party they always invite me. I either get to go to a party, which is cool, or I decline with great sadness and let them know that I have to get up early for work the next day, which seems to incline them to be reasonable.

They actually started partying on the porch right at 9pm so it was probably related.

Sounds like someone you need to get to know. Whenever my gf's neighbors have a party they always invite me. I either get to go to a party, which is cool, or I decline with great sadness and let them know that I have to get up early for work the next day, which seems to incline them to be reasonable.
I was already in bed. :(

Edit:
I've been waiting to snag this thread with this rant but I have to go to work. :sad:

They lock all the internal doors of my complex so you have to carry a key to go anywhere. This is on top of the restricted access to get onto the property in the first place.

I've begun leaving doorways cracked slightly open so they don't lock while shouting vive le resistance!

Last edited:
They actually started partying on the porch right at 9pm so it was probably related.

I was already in bed. :(

Edit:
I've been waiting to snag this thread with this rant but I have to go to work. :sad:

They lock all the internal doors of my complex so you have to carry a key to go anywhere. This is on top of the restricted access to get onto the property in the first place.

I've begun leaving doorways cracked slightly open so they don't lock while shouting vive le resistance!

Poor Hobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom