Random Rants 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread title is beautiful.

I'm bummed at how flaky so many people are, and how I scare people away. I was messaging someone on another site for a week and then they just stopped and that was it. That's how it always is. Been trying to make new friends forever now and no dice. :(

Well you never messaged me!

I've built a very negative cocoon around myself and unfortunately today I was very rude to someone

I don't know how to improve on some of the core problems though, but what is worse is I don't know if I really want to.

"Random Rants 61"

I love it :D

what I don't love is being hungover at work on 2.5 hours of sleep.

Or that the hawt wine bar bartender that my friend and I have been werking is more interested in my friend. Like, it's totally okay, but it's suboptimal etc.

I had been holding off one particular request I've had here at work, because it's so convoluted and because it keeps changing.

Anyway, this morning I sat around thinking about it, while getting other stuff out of the way. I JUST found out that this request is getting scrapped. It was scrapped once before and then brought back to life. Now I don't have to worry about it again.. for now.

It's good but it's not good, you know what I mean?

Really feeling ForeverAlone™ right now

I've become pretty used to it over the years, and it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, FWIW. I still do what I can to try to find someone, though.

I had been holding off one particular request I've had here at work, because it's so convoluted and because it keeps changing.

Anyway, this morning I sat around thinking about it, while getting other stuff out of the way. I JUST found out that this request is getting scrapped. It was scrapped once before and then brought back to life. Now I don't have to worry about it again.. for now.

Procrastination proves to be the best policy once again! Congrats on successfully dodging a huge waste of time!

Procrastination proves to be the best policy once again! Congrats on successfully dodging a huge waste of time!

Problem being that those are the kind of things that turn up six months later as "We thought we didn't need this, but it turns out we do...RIGHT NOW, or we are all going to die. Of course, since we did request it last year that won't be a problem, right?"

Depends on where you work I guess. At my company stuff like that usually disappears into the ether and is never heard from again.

Of course, where I work, stuff like that never gets cancelled until you've already spent weeks working on it.

…by engaging in a huge waste of time.

Dodging a huge waste of time that you wouldn't enjoy by wasting time doing something you do is a net win in my book ;).

Colleges are bullying me!!!!!!!!!

Well, more like they're asking, "Are you an awesome, fun, hardworking, dedicated, independent, nice, caring, involved, etc." individual. And I feel inferior because I'm not sure if I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom