Random Rants 91 - Semiprimal Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top loaders are much better anyway. :)

Given that sugar and insulin are both highly necessary in the case of diabetes this person is just rather dangerous and I recommend that you stay away from her.
My first experiences with really fast-dropping levels were last year, when I was focused on packing and moving. We'd had an argument about something, I was stressed, her time was up and she left, and 20 minutes later I realized that something was terribly wrong. Thank goodness I had cookies and juice around. The next time, though? Holy crap. I was at the point of NEED SUGAR NOW. I had replaced the candy she'd thrown out, and thank goodness. Otherwise, I could have passed out.

The next time she came, I told her what happened and that if I hadn't had that candy around and could get to it quickly, I could have ended up in the hospital or even dead if nobody had found me in time. I made it very clear that she was NOT to throw out ANYTHING food-related unless I told her to, or gave permission if she asked, and she agreed.

Diabetes is different for every single person, especially when you're an older adult; a lot of what I'd been told in the hospital actually didn't necessarily apply to people in my age range, and given my other medical issues... the nurses kept pushing me to eat oranges and wouldn't listen when I told them that I had valid medical reasons for never eating oranges or drinking orange juice. There was quite an argument with one of the doctors who told me I couldn't have milk anymore. I told her that was ridiculous since milk had been one of my daily breakfast options. When I questioned her closely I realized that she considered me too stupid to figure out the quantity that would be safe, and when I asked her what she thought I should drink instead, she said, "Coffee."

So I looked at her and said, "A doctor is pushing coffee?" :dubious:

When I had my next appointment with my regular doctor, I told her about all this, and asked that the hospital doctor's name be removed from my prescription file and that her own name be substituted. I did not want to have to depend on an idiot for my prescriptions. My doctor laughed and agreed to make the change.

They've always been against vaccines, claiming to be a ‘silent majority’. If you look closely at what's going on they're using the push against Covid-19 vaccines to push against existing vaccine mandates as well.

I suppose they seek to protectd their bodily fluids against Communist infiltration.
There are people who insist that people who get the covid vaccine are really being implanted with microchips, so The Government will be able to track us and know everything we do, where we go, etc.

Well, if that's true, whoever is monitoring me would have died of boredom months ago.

You probably don't need it anyway. :D

Halloween trick or treating is so good this year that i'm not going to have any leftover candy:(
Get more tomorrow, when it will be on sale.

There are people who insist that people who get the covid vaccine are really being implanted with microchips, so The Government will be able to track us and know everything we do, where we go, etc.

They say, while posting these conspiracy theories from their phone, which also has microchips and could track them way easier.

They say, while posting these conspiracy theories from their phone, which also has microchips and could track them way easier.
Yep.

I don't have a phone, at least nothing more complicated than a landline that doesn't even take messages or have caller ID.

It's creepy enough when I do a Google search and it's to do with something being discussed on the forum... or something I was just thinking about.

Mind you, that last one is hit-or-miss. I need information on pre-Tudor era royal progresses, and Google doesn't seem to understand that such things actually did happen before the time of Henry VIII and his father.

Halloween trick or treating is so good this year that i'm not going to have any leftover candy:(
I bought two party-bags of assorted fun-size chocolate bars on Saturday "just in case".

My wife thought that was ridiculously excessive, and she and our sons were looking forward to having one-and-a-half bags' worth of leftovers for personal consumption afterwards, but their expectations were confounded :smug:

I had to concede and stop putting off writing my third online seminar.
But it's easier said than done. I just re-read the first part of my first seminar (since the new one is an 'advanced' follow up to that) and it took me an hour to read 20.000 words (the entire thing is 85.000 words).
It'd be great if I didn't have to reread it, but realistically I should, to avoid writing stuff I already wrote then (it's been 2 years since its creation).

Only positive in all this is that the new seminar will be a bit smaller, at around 60.000 words. It will still take me 3 months to create, but should (in conjunction with the other two) at least allow me to have enough money to rent a nice apartment with a view to the sea.
This is how things happen in capitalism. It'd have been great if I could just inherit a couple million euros and never work again ever.

It's creepy enough when I do a Google search and it's to do with something being discussed on the forum... or something I was just thinking about.
I seriously recommend both using DDG and using private browsing windows and/or containers.

It's not only because of the horrendous intrusion upon privacy by itself, but also because it tends to produce biased results.

"Monsieur Moiron, who was a teacher in the north of France, enjoyed an excellent reputation throughout the whole country".
I don't think it's a good idea to take candy from complete strangers. Maybe most in the US live in small suburbs where you know most other people and they are accountable, but in general this can lead to tragedy.
Monsieur Moiron, the teacher, is a character in a short story by Guy de Maupassant. He fed the children candy which had inside it tiny pieces of glass.
With covid, it might be an even worse idea. I'd imagine that serial killers with some basic knowledge of chemistry can get away far more easily in the current state of affairs, when it's so easy to blame most things on covid or vaccines.

"Monsieur Moiron, who was a teacher in the north of France, enjoyed an excellent reputation throughout the whole country".
I don't think it's a good idea to take candy from complete strangers. Maybe most in the US live in small suburbs where you know most other people and they are accountable, but in general this can lead to tragedy.
Monsieur Moiron, the teacher, is a character in a short story by Guy de Maupassant. He fed the children candy which had inside it tiny pieces of glass.
With covid, it might be an even worse idea. I'd imagine that serial killers with some basic knowledge of chemistry can get away far more easily in the current state of affairs, when it's so easy to blame most things on covid or vaccines.
There are always stories about kids finding needles, razor blades, or whatever in candy or apples. That's why most parents refuse to let kids eat anything homemade or unwrapped (so much for the candy apples or popcorn balls some people give out).

The provincial CMO here said Halloween was permissible this year, but only up to the allowable number of people (for parties - maximum 10 people from 2 households) and said it was best to just put out a bowl of candy and let the kids help themselves.

Like any bowl left out would last beyond the first few kids anyway. Someone would get greedy and run off with all of it.

There are always stories about kids finding needles, razor blades, or whatever in candy or apples. That's why most parents refuse to let kids eat anything homemade or unwrapped (so much for the candy apples or popcorn balls some people give out).

The provincial CMO here said Halloween was permissible this year, but only up to the allowable number of people (for parties - maximum 10 people from 2 households) and said it was best to just put out a bowl of candy and let the kids help themselves.

Like any bowl left out would last beyond the first few kids anyway. Someone would get greedy and run off with all of it.

One has to suppose that it's very easy to put some substance in bought and wrapped candy, using (eg) a syringe. And getting away with something of the kind, with some planning, may be a lot simpler during a pandemic where people can always attribute illness to either the virus or a reaction to vaccines. I'd write such a story and consider it as very realistic :o
Moiron didn't even need covid, though. He just survived for a while strictly due to his good reputation - in reality he wanted to play god and kill children, much like "god" killed his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom