Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is, but between a random video of a rat dying on youtube that said it was from this stuff, the fact that warfarin has been rat poison for at least 60 years and is really inexpensive, the mention that the dying animal gets thirsty, if I had to guess it is probably warfarin, a blood thinner. It causes whatever eats it to hemorrhage internally. I'm going to guess the rat does not dry up, and that the corpse will be toxic. Just be careful with the stuff and kids. It's what we use around the farm.

Yes I just reread again, the one that get dried up is this one while the one I buy is not like that. It just the mouse will die 1-2 meter from the place I put the poison, I really really nervous now I nearly cancel myself to use it, if I ever decide to use it I will be extra careful.

Currently:
wiki said:
The use of warfarin itself as a rat poison is now declining, because many rat populations have developed resistance to it, and poisons of considerably greater potency are now available. Other 4-hydroxycoumarins used as rodenticides include coumatetralyl and brodifacoum, which is sometimes referred to as "super-warfarin", because it is more potent, longer-acting, and effective even in rat and mouse populations that are resistant to warfarin. Unlike warfarin, which is readily excreted, newer anticoagulant poisons also accumulate in the liver and kidneys after ingestion.[90] However, such rodenticides may also accumulate in birds of prey and other animals that eat the poisoned rodents or baits.[91]

It's a great rat poison*. I'm not sure if cats would eat it(maybe), I know dogs will. Our dog growing up got into some and dad had to rush her to the vet. If/when you bait with warfarin, make sure to take note if any of your pets or anyone gets really thirsty. It's reversible if caught in time. Hell, my wife takes it by prescription, but dosage is somewhat important.

*Interesting. We don't put it out super often, haven't ever had trouble with developing a resistant population that I'm aware of. We use peanut buttered snap traps in the house.

Currently:

Sound really awful to the environment. It becomes another problem after it death. I will discuss this with my wife first before I decide what to do.

Sound really awful to the environment. It becomes another problem after it death. I will discuss this with my wife first before I decide what to do.
That's why starting with traps may be best. :)

@Farm Boy from the article that Bird Jaguar quoted it seems the death rodent still carries the poison within them and can pose a threat to the predator (eg cats in the neighborhood) what should I do with the corpse, is it enough if I just bury it?

Alright we give up guys, snaps trap and peanut butter, and we also don't have peanut butter at home so we will buy that also, wish us luck ok

PB traps all the way in our house. Typically, our cats bring them in and then while they play with them it might escape behind an appliance. So the traps come out.

Amazon's 'track order' shipping details has gone from good, useful information to a simplified iOS bullcrap (on desktop!) that gives essentially zero details at all, and I can't find the legacy mode.

Since you have kids in the house, I suggest that you try a trap first, before poison.
And then you go on about peanut-butter traps… :scan:

A while back I raved about being caught in a light mist because of how rare it has become in my life. I can report that it's a lot less charming when the mist changes to heavy rain and you're on a bike. Freak rainstorm today; I picked a hell of a morning to get up early and go for a ride.

And I'll chalk these up to 'people are asshats' -

The apartment complex has shared grills and they were nice enough to buy a bunch of grill brushes for public use. They were stolen inside two weeks.

I moved where I chain my bike from a high traffic area to a dark corner because people kept dumping their trash in my basket as they walked by. I thought cleaning out people's garbage was behind me but someone found my bike and dumped their discarded milkshake in my basket and splashed it with the milkshake which turned and made my ride stink.

So people use the basket on your bicycle for garbage disposal? :cringe:

got itself unstolen.

If old people foist Joe Biden on us because they don't care about necessary solutions to climate change because they're all going to be dead by 2050 anyway I'm going to be so mad

But if they foist him on us to successfully beat Trump, is that different for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom