Random Rants LIII: F My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story, I came to the rants thread to post that I think I'm in the same boat.

Is there room for one more? A similar thing happened to me too not long ago.

And a perfect chance for asking a girl out for dinner was ruined by the presence of her friends. Bloody day :mad:.
You're not alone, happens to me all the time.
Is there room for one more? A similar thing happened to me too not long ago.
And me, a few months ago. What's worse is that I was crazy about her, she asked me to see a movie with her, it was just the two of us, and when I asked her out she said she was taken.

Go figure. :confused: :(

Oh yeah, except she was like juggling two more guys in my case. I'm not averse to polyamorous attachment. People need to learn to share.

You're not alone, happens to me all the time.
And me, a few months ago. What's worse is that I was crazy about her, she asked me to see a movie with her, it was just the two of us, and when I asked her out she said she was taken.

Go figure. :confused: :(

Well, just leave the issue be for a while, then try again. As for my issue, I'm going to wait a week or two before I ask the girl I mentioned, which is probably the earliest possible moment to ask her out anyway. I keep you posted.

Well, just leave the issue be for a while, then try again. As for my issue, I'm going to wait a week or two before I ask the girl I mentioned, which is probably the earliest possible moment to ask her out anyway. I keep you posted.

Actually, I was gonna ask her again this weekend. I'm fully expecting a no, but she's too good to just give up on. And there are a few others.

Actually, I was gonna ask her again this weekend. I'm fully expecting a no, but she's too good to just give up on. And there are a few others.

Here in the Netherlands we say that 'de aanhouder wint' (the one who persists wins), especially in this context.

Feeling very stressed and feeling like I want to throw up for a couple of days now.

Yeah, I have chronic acid problems and when stress ups it also flares up making me feel nauseous all the time and burning in the oesophagus and stomach. Try taking ant-acids of some sort if you suspect something like this. If it's anxiety-based (another lovely condition I possess at times) I suggest meditation, lemon balm / valerian tea and in extreme cases some benzodiazepines (not OTC I think).

Here in the Netherlands we say that 'de aanhouder wint' (the one who persists wins), especially in this context.

Generally good advice but there's a judgment call that you have to make here--I suggest knocking it off when she gets engaged, for example.

I find myself feeling certain desires, each time more urging, which I am so far reluctant to satisfy. One day...

OK, I'll talk to your mom and she'll allow you to eat sugar again.

Generally good advice but there's a judgment call that you have to make here--I suggest knocking it off when she gets engaged, for example.

As far as I know, that it isn't the case. Though overall, you are right.

I should write less stuff in class. Less non-related-to-class stuff, that is. I've been like an hour and a half typing it all into this thing I call computer and I'm not even halfway done.

Kindle keeps deleting my posts as I make them.

I put off two papers and a test until now, and wasted all of spring break. Idiot.:wallbash:

And the future absolutely terrifies and depresses me. Everything I care about is disappearing. Few people understand my concerns, even fewer care. I'm young but I'm already a relic scorned and mocked for being "obsolete." I feel like an utter foreigner everywhere I go because my values, beliefs, and interests are so radically different from everyone else's.

It doesn't help that I have virtually no noteworthy accomplishments to take pride in, and have no particularly useful talents.

And I really need to spend less time here. But it's too addictive. Maybe after next week or so, there are a few threads too good to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom