Random Rants LIV: I Took An Arrow In The Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant: On recommendation from a friend I picked up X3: Terran Conflict on Steam yesterday. Today, when I check Steam, I discover it is on sale for $10 less.
WHY STEAM?

? I brought mine for $5 ages ago
Dont worry you will get your moneys worth from X3TC.

I'm still sick, and it's still painful... I think I might need to see a doctor :(

Yeah, I went to the doctor, said it wasn't strep, even though it hasn't gone away yet and it still hurts.

Blech, I hope this is gone by Saturday so I can go to St. Louis, otherwise I can't. This has come at the worst time possible :(

Meanwhile, in the Danube valley.. it's raining. Like, a lot. It was a short rain, but very strong. Had to stay in an office until the rain ended. It was boring.

Wonder how long I can stave off going to actually buy groceries. Living the bachelor life.

:mad: technology:wallbash:.
It began already in the morning. Mac computer vs. NTFS formatted external hard drive.
That was quickly fixed with the SD card reader at the laptop.
I also installed the whole Adobe software suite before, besides the 64-bit programs, which are not available for my cheap-ass laptop with Win 7 32 bit. These were for sure the programs I needed right now.
Tried to circumvent that with Premiere Essentials...on a DVD. Perfect, without a DVD drive.
Went to get an external DVD drive, and also asked for an university laptop.
Got the DVD drive, but the university laptop failed at installing Premiere Pro while the head technician was in a 1 hour long meeting.
Okay, then back, without the laptop.
Got Premiere Essentials installed, but for sure, it doesn't play the video of the mp4 files.
Not sure if that's better or worse then for my course mate: Her laptop didn't recognize the external DVD drive.
Wasted some time and finding out what the problem could be. The not installed quicktime was sure an issue, but apparently not the only one. And Premiere Essentials begins to crash now.
To do something, I've installed Avidemux, which for sure also doesn't play the mp4s.
Okay, said to myself, then I'll install Premiere Essentials on my Desktop (there at least the audio/video environment is already properly configured), and work in the night.
turns out that it needs SSE2, and my desktop is surely *that* old.
Great.
Now I'll need to see if the combination of VirtualDub + Avidemux will work on this computer, else I'll need to steal a desktop from the university, and install a Win7 64 bit trial on it.

...*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHH* :gripe:

EDIT: Found some other interesting programs, but as it turns out, I forgot that I had a hardrive failure in January...so...no properly configured video environment.
:wallbash:.

EDIT2: I've wasted now 4 hours to find out that my desktop is too old and my netbook is too weak to run anything related to video editing. Wonderfull.

:gripe: I have a random rave but I can't find the thread to post it! I'm on mobile, using Tapatalk, so I click the drop down 'settings' icon - but the only option is Subscribe.

After 5 minutes I find the only way to search is forum-wide, so I acquiesce and click Search.

I get a blank screen with no text box! uploadfromtaptalk1403754406290.jpg

My virtual keyboard showed up, but typing didn't do anything, nor did hitting enter afterwards.

RATS!

It was a good rave, too :(

Kids, dont go for a run after any combo of wine, cheese, cake, and cheese cake

Yar, 93 and sticky is unpleasant to work in.

Horrible heat today... 34 Celcius. That is inhuman :\ Humidity makes it even worse, and there is next to no wind.

Sounds like your typical summer day here. On occasion it will reach or exceed 40 C. In 2012 we had two weeks straight of that.

It's a sin to do exercise after eating dairy. It curdles in your stomach.
That sounds like fun.

I can get some quite interesting results from eating 1 litre of natural yoghurt immediately before having a hot bath.

Sounds like your typical summer day here. On occasion it will reach or exceed 40 C. In 2012 we had two weeks straight of that.

40 Celcius can be deadly if prolonged. Iirc the stats show that Greece has on average 5 days/year of 40 or over 40 celcius, and that already is 5 too many. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom