Random Rants LX: I wish to register a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had what I call a "Dead TK Day"; basically a day where I just feel utterly wretched and lethargic and nothing gives me enjoyment and doesn't want to do anything.

I hate not being productive...

Biodegradable would imply that living things are eating it. Technically, a living thing can eat Plutonium, but that won't turn the Plutonium into something else, that just kills the thing.

Unless it's one of these

Waaait. What is this about cold beer? Do you not drink beer warm, Arakhor?

I don't drink beer at all, but no, I can't imagine why anybody would want to drink cold beer.

I don't drink beer at all, but no, I can't imagine why anybody would want to drink cold beer.

Most beers absolutely taste better cold.

However Americans insist on serving their cider cold and I can't drum up any justification for that. It's disgusting.

Yesterday I had what I call a "Dead TK Day"; basically a day where I just feel utterly wretched and lethargic and nothing gives me enjoyment and doesn't want to do anything.
I'm having one of those today. And had one on Friday.

What in the freakin hell would possess someone to build shoes and boots with arches in them? Do they believe that Satan will give them a preferred place in hell for doing it? :mad:

People selling footwear to customers with fallen arches, perhaps?

But why can't I find any boot at all without an arch? I used to be able to. Soon I won't be able to walk at all.

That would certainly be a problem, yes.

:undecide: Depends on the beer, really. Heineken should be made illegal.
Owen Glyndwr said:
However Americans insist on serving their cider cold and I can't drum up any justification for that. It's disgusting.
Cold cider? What new abomination is this?
That would certainly be a problem, yes.
He'd post even more on CFC!

holy camoly I got wrecked today (consequences of previous rant partially)

wasted the entire day in a quasi sleep mode of poor sleep quality because I kept saying "no I'll get up and do stuff in 30 minutes". Groggy, feeling slightly ill, etc etc.

I was able to wake up morning to do the stuff I had to do, and that actually went well. So I guess there is that.

In-laws were visiting this weekend. They are nice people, they just need to learn to be quiet when others are trying to sleep. Also, if you have a hearing problem (like my father-in-law does) and need to turn the TV up to hear it, then maybe you should find something else to keep you busy if you insist on staying up until 3am.

wasted the entire day in a quasi sleep mode of poor sleep quality because I kept saying "no I'll get up and do stuff in 30 minutes". Groggy, feeling slightly ill, etc etc.

You too huh?

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the weather (it's one of those warm-ish uncomfortable oppressive overcast days...) or maybe it's the pain of last week's heartbreak finally catching up to me.

You too huh?

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the weather (it's one of those warm-ish uncomfortable oppressive overcast days...) or maybe it's the pain of last week's heartbreak finally catching up to me.

Based on how my own day unfolded (extremely unproductively), I'm gonna blame the weather.

Unproductivity is bliss. Look at me, not doing any of the readings I have and/or want to do all weekend.

Rubbish beers absolutely do taste better cold. Since most things have a less intense flavour the lower the temperature. You start with something that tastes bad at room temperature, cool it down a bit, and then it doesn't taste quite that bad. (Still, I guess if you live in a hot desert, room temperature beer - no matter how good it is - isn't going to be nice, either. )

Budweiser doesn't though. Since it doesn't taste of anything at all. Hot, room temperature, or cold.

(Well, it didn't the one time long ago when I "tasted" it.)

Also,

Link to video.

All beers are rubbish and taste crap.

All alcohol is better served cold. Most of them because they suck, gin because it goes with a refreshing tonic and vermouth because it is a refreshment after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom