Random Rants LXIV: Who's Acting Like a Child Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet on a losing horse, so to speak.

oof. should have made money too.

My reign over the rants threads is growing short. This has me upset.

Well, I doubt I'll be the 1000th post in this thread, thus I shall not be the progenitor and lord over the next one.

Even if you were, you would not be allowed to take the thread.

Even if you were, you would not be allowed to take the thread.

True. Short of gaining popular support and staging a bloody coup, it would seem I have no choice but to surrender my crown.

But first you need a Grand Army of the Republic forums. How would you defeat the Jedi moderator Knights?

But first you need a Grand Army of the Republic forums. How would you defeat the Jedi moderator Knights?
So the real Grand Army of the Republic was founded in 1866 as a veterans' organization for soldiers who had fought against southern treason in the American Civil War. It was perhaps the strongest lobbying group in American history during the 1860s, 1870s, and 1880s, exerting a sort of influence that even the modern National Rifle Association can only dream of. It effectively controlled a major portion of the federal and state budgets due to its successful effort to exert influence over pensions. It ceased to exist when the last member of the Union armies died in the 1950s, but its epigone organization, the Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War, is still active and widespread today.

I heard a story from a member of the Sons that they were thinking about trying to make a stink about the name appearing in the Clone Wars media, but I don't think anything came of it.

Maybe they could complain about the Army fighting a secessionist Confederation as well.
You might have to defeat a dragon by the end
It can be done.
I have given this some thought. The Dragon Knight of Tringapore, it has been rumoured, a retired moderation master with a high postcount… but he can be defeated. There are those who are please to be referenced to as hating Tringapore.

Release the aronnax!

Did something specific happen or has the self loathing been hitting you for no easily discernible reason?

No particular reason, my life is just a basket of suck with a couple of small glimmers of sunshine.

My best answer is that you could play Civ 3 instead.

I want another game like Civ3.

If I can write code I'd be all over game making.

Erm, right now I suggest that you get into some Wesnothian action. Even if you don't like the art style at the first try, play it.

Other than playing Wesnoth?

The point of living is… living.

Maybe I could do a USianism and go on about the pursuit of happiness and freedom and all that?

The point of living is to make the world a better place than when you first entered it, whether that's producing a new generation, making some sort of contribution to the arts or sciences even just improving the lives of those around you.

The point of living is to make the world a better place than when you first entered it, whether that's producing a new generation, making some sort of contribution to the arts or sciences even just improving the lives of those around you.

that doesn't make sense

also I think I hate all of those things

That is living. I was half-joking in my two posts above, if at all. The point of living is having a life and doing something about it. No life will ever be perfect, so moaning all day is, in effect, not having a life.
that doesn't make sense

also I think I hate all of those things
You… hate helping other people and wonder why you can't get others to help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom