Random Rants LXVII: Emptiness = Melancholia*Cheerlessness^2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, yours was worse. Assuming each UC campus does its own admissions, I wonder if going to one of the others for a year or two and then reapplying is a way to 'sneak in the back door'? I went to a nearby community college for a year before getting into UMass. I guess I don't know for sure that it helped, but I felt like it did.

:shrug:. I'm still waiting on Chicago, Yale, and UNC, so hopefully I'll have better luck there.

I don't think there's anything I could have done to manage a better app. My GRE scores were very high, my GPA was good, I had fluency in all the languages I needed going in, my personal statement was strong, I had good recommendations. It's just a hyper-competitive school. It's all out of my hands at this point, so moping about it won't do me much good. It just sucks, is all. Berkeley was the school I thought I had the best shot at getting into.

I haven't heard back from any of the schools I applied to yet, as far as I can tell, but I mostly didn't aim as high as you did (other than Berkeley, which I also applied to)

Connecti-what? You just made that up, didn't you?

En evil robot busted a muscle or something on right side of my neck going down my right shoulder. This area is regularly giving me trouble but it's never been as bad as this. Gave me hell last night and I did't get much sleep. Timing is awful, I really need this to fade away over the next couple of days. It was a robot because initially it was only a slight familiar pain in this area, and I got it after lifting. But then my massage chair, which usually helps, made it ten times worse! So now it's aching and I'm totally handicapped. Is this the start of the robot rebellion?

I've already told you we must robotise you so that you an become an evil cyborg yourself. Perfection is an engineer IIRC, so we have the technical know-how at hand.

Can't I become a friendly cyborg who helps people carry their groceries and stuff? But perfection not going anywhere near me in an intent of robotisizing me!!

Can't I become a friendly cyborg who helps people carry their groceries and stuff? But perfection not going anywhere near me in an intent of robotisizing me!!
At most Perf will just give you super-strength and replace one of your hands with a bio-laser cannon. You can still use the other hand to carry people's groceries.
Rave-rant:

I am eating a gyros :)
but it will be over in 15 min :/
:yumyum:

I've already told you we must robotise you so that you an become an evil cyborg yourself. Perfection is an engineer IIRC, so we have the technical know-how at hand.
I've done work on active implantables...

Funny enough, pain management is actually the biggest application of implantable nuerostimulators.

Perf, if we use the Snerktron-5000 to conquer a sizeable chunk of the world in the name of Mise you're in then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom