Random Rants OA - I Have 71 Problems, But This Thread Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every week. Around here we don't have insects that infest the bedding. Not unless you get bedbugs, which are a specific pest, which has to hitch rides from other places, and merely washing the bedding don't do a damned thing to get rid of them. And blankets don't pick up a lot of dirt if you use sheets.

Let's see… I change sheets every week and the blankets every couple months. So we're roughly on the same schedule after all. :)

While trying to modify an htaccess to direct some old links to the new ones, I accidentally managed to do it the opposite way around and redirect a bunch of good links to 404s. Good going, me!

Hmm, my wife tells me that the duvet cover protects the lining so you don't have to wash it as often, but then she requires a top sheet to protect the duvet cover. After 30 years, I ain't gonna question it.

Believe it or not, I do want everyone on CFC to be fulfilled and content. Publisher troubles for you would indicate neither of those things being reality.

Believe it or not, I do want everyone on CFC to be fulfilled and content. Publisher troubles for you would indicate neither of those things being reality.

Well, a number of publishers act a bit like billionaires do when they see working-class or middle class people around. Anyway, this one supposedly had read a number of works i had sent her, and i now discovered that apparently she did not. She says she only read a translation of Kafka i sent; i think she means something i sent not as part of a proposition for a book at all :/
If this was a story, instead of irl, it would have triggered something notable and possibly violent.

Anyway, at least the day ended on a positive note; i went to see a performance with a very elegant girl :)

If this was a story, instead of irl, it would have triggered something notable and possibly violent.

There's a new book idea !

Anyway, at least the day ended on a positive note; i went to see a performance with a very elegant girl :)

And in chapter 23 that girl is revealed as an ancient demon/alien/vampire only known as "The Publisher" !

And in chapter 23 that girl is revealed as an ancient demon/alien/vampire only known as "The Publisher" !

This isn't that unlikely, given she looks like someone half her age...

And do you wanna know what's really wack?
See I can't even get a date so what you think of that

You should try more (it isn't easy for introverted people, i know). Though getting a date by itself isn't that much; usually it leads nowhere :yup:

One of my manuscript got yesterday rejected... the 5th time. I'm considering culling it, but not to happy, since it'd be a waste of good analysis.
We might do some mimimum more experiments (the project was finished 3 years ago...), send it to a lower ranking journal and select the potential reviewers very carefully. If this doesn't work...time to forget about it.

I recently visited one of my friends (female), who last year moved away. During the conversation late at night, it turned out that she'd in general not say no to...uhm...doing some adult thingies (huge surprise to me; had aimed for that, but not expected it), but that that day wouldn't be the right time.
So, was looking pretty much forward to a potential next visit, but today she told me she's not single anymore.
:gripe:

This doesn't all matter too much, since life is otherwise going okay, but I'm slightly annoyed :mad:.

And meanwhile, some crappy adult fanfic that was rewritten to not actually be fanfic somehow becomes a bestseller. Ah, the world of literature.

Well, a number of publishers act a bit like billionaires do when they see working-class or middle class people around. Anyway, this one supposedly had read a number of works i had sent her, and i now discovered that apparently she did not. She says she only read a translation of Kafka i sent; i think she means something i sent not as part of a proposition for a book at all :/
Not trying to make light of this, as lying is unethical and unprofessional... but you're in good company. Asimov had to deal with lying publishers and editors. At least everything you've written that was bought was actually published, right? Nobody's just sitting on some of your stories and therefore preventing you from submitting them elsewhere?

Not trying to make light of this, as lying is unethical and unprofessional... but you're in good company. Asimov had to deal with lying publishers and editors. At least everything you've written that was bought was actually published, right? Nobody's just sitting on some of your stories and therefore preventing you from submitting them elsewhere?

Mostly yes. Only bought thing not published - and somewhat in limbo - was a translation of ETA Hoffmann. The rights belong to the publisher, but it seems he is taking his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom