Random Rants OA - I Have 71 Problems, But This Thread Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no power yesterday, it was off when i got home around 4, and it didn't come on again until 2am. Apparently my block was like the last one to get it's power restored in my neighborhood. Stupid wind storm. Oh, and if anyone in SW Ontario finds a BBQ cover in a tree or something, the Mayor of Guelph would like it back. It blew away yesterday.

nope. Although my brother lived there for several years before he moved to the Torontonia. Back then he used to have a semi-annual Quake-Fest Lan party.... i miss those.

Spent a few hours picking trash along the shore today. Man there's a lot of plastic crap whirling around in the sea. :(

nope. Although my brother lived there for several years before he moved to the Torontonia. Back then he used to have a semi-annual Quake-Fest Lan party.... i miss those.
Oh yes, the sheer giblet-infested hilarity of Quake LAN parties… hmmmm.

They've developed some kind of enzyme, I've heard, that dissolves plastic in weeks rather than centuries.

Yahoo is "updating" my mail service to enhance my experience. :cringe: Now, if I could only get to my mail. :badcomp:
Notice how they always say "It's for your convenience!" when the result is the opposite of convenience?

They've developed some kind of enzyme, I've heard, that dissolves plastic in weeks rather than centuries.
And that doesn't sound at all like an idea that could potentially end badly, for our oil-/plastic-based technological society, oh no... :hide:

And that doesn't sound at all like an idea that could potentially end badly, for our oil-/plastic-based technological society, oh no... :hide:
Actually it could help prevent our running out of places to use as landfill.

Severeid's Law: The chief cause of problems in the world today is solutions.

I'm sure these enzymes will work spectacularly well for awhile, then they will develop sentience and attack Honolulu.

For the first time in 6 years I completely messed up in talks with a potential client and probably lost out on great recurring business.

I'm not pleased with myself.

If it makes you feel any better, I ended up getting the vacuum you recommended. (QUALITY GERMAN ENGINEERING)

What are the emissions byproducts?
Didn't hear. I want to say this was a report by Katy Tur on MSNBC, either her show or her sitting in on Meet the Press. Not even certain about the Katy Tur part. I'll poke about.

For the first time in 6 years I completely messed up in talks with a potential client and probably lost out on great recurring business.

I'm not pleased with myself.
This sucks, I'm sorry. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom