Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a mystery isn't it? Did the guy get fired by not strictly obeying the policy of the hospital? If he still continuing to work there and management never took the necessary action of correcting his behavior, then the other guy who is complaining about him not following the rules is something of unsubstantiated grievance.

I reported the violation and his profane comments towards me immediately afterwards. My boss said he'd "investigate" and talk to him. Whether any disciplinary measures against my coworker will come up is anyone's guess. My main problem is not with the people being let in, but with how he reacted to me when I pointed out his error. I did so in a very non-confrontational and discussionary manner, and he responded by swearing at me and insulting me personally. That's the problem.

And no, this is not a negotiable policy. As you might know, people do cause problems inside hospitals from time to time. Patients who are upset with staff for whatever reason, or visitors who disagree with they way their family members are being treated, or disgruntled men with girlfriends/wives in the maternity ward, whatever. We don't allow anyone inside the hospital outside visiting hours unless they're signed in and we obtain permission from the nursing staff for a visit. Period. No exceptions. Someone giving us a sob story about their parent on the verge of death does not mean the rules get waived for them. Most visitors have no problem with abiding by these very simple rules.

I reported the violation and his profane comments towards me immediately afterwards. My boss said he'd "investigate" and talk to him. Whether any disciplinary measures against my coworker will come up is anyone's guess. My main problem is not with the people being let in, but with how he reacted to me when I pointed out his error. I did so in a very non-confrontational and discussionary manner, and he responded by swearing at me and insulting me personally. That's the problem.
So you only report about his abusive behavior towards you and not about his failure to write every visitors that enter the door? Or did you do both?

And no, this is not a negotiable policy. As you might know, people do cause problems inside hospitals from time to time. Patients who are upset with staff for whatever reason, or visitors who disagree with they way their family members are being treated, or disgruntled men with girlfriends/wives in the maternity ward, whatever. We don't allow anyone inside the hospital outside visiting hours unless they're signed in and we obtain permission from the nursing staff for a visit. Period. No exceptions. Someone giving us a sob story about their parent on the verge of death does not mean the rules get waived for them. Most visitors have no problem with abiding by these very simple rules.
But nothing has happen on his watch. So once again we are led back to his instinct on knowing who is a threat and who is a potential threat in the making. So far he has not made a mistake.

Have you ever consider the possibility that what if that a visitor does get the authorization from the nursing staff that he is allowed to visit someone and still go do something like flipping out and cause chaos? Kinda make the policy ineffective in that case scenario.

In that case then we go up and remove them.

Don't you understand the meaning of rules? Yes, most visitors are fine, but these rules are in place because it is not always appropriate to visit. If they wanted to visit without signing in, come during visiting hours. I don't think it's unreasonable to follow these procedures at 2:30 in the morning when all the other patients are sleeping and will be disturbed by three noisy visitors. Besides, it's a hospital, and the well being of patients comes first. It is not in the best interests of patients to have visitors coming and going and really weird hours. Even if they're not causing a problem, you have to call up and ask permission because the nurses might not want them up for any number of reasons, not all of which have to do with abusive aggressive behaviour. Failure to apply these procedures to everyone renders them pointless in the first place.

Yes, the moron did make a mistake by not following hospital procedure and not doing his job properly. Doing his job properly would mean screening all visitors, including the ones who try to give you a sob story about their mother dying or something. It takes two minutes to sign them in and do your job properly.

Nothing is likely to happen this time, but if he keeps doing it, eventually he's going to let a troublemaker through, the nurses will complain about why the troublemaker wasn't screened out, and then he'll be fired.

What is so difficult to understand about this? If anyone other than Mr. Mindbender can't understand the principles behind these rules, please, let me know.

Have you ever consider the possibility that what if that a visitor does get the authorization from the nursing staff that he is allowed to visit someone and still go do something like flipping out and cause chaos? Kinda make the policy ineffective in that case scenario.

Dude he's not paid to consider possibilities. He's paid to do his job.

This is getting beyond a joke, are people doing it just to annoy me? I saw someone today use ''terminii'' instead of terminals. :cringe:

I mean, terminii? WTF?

This is getting beyond a joke, are people doing it just to annoy me? I saw someone today use ''terminii'' instead of terminals. :cringe:

I mean, terminii? WTF?

Were they referring to bus stations or something similar? In that case, 'termini' is correct, 'cause it's the plural of terminus.

3D images take so goddamn long to render. It would be alright if they didn't use so much CPU as to essentially freeze anything else I have running.

Gotta get a new desktop, fast.

How on Earth is going to BYU cheaper than having 100% tuition paid for in Florida? How is that even possible?! A lot of people keep asking if I'm transferring to a BYU when I finish here and I want to ask 'Are you out of your mind? Why would I even consider giving up my scholarship to go out of state and pay thousands more?'....but one of my friends who is going to BYU Idaho next semester told me to look up the costs online so I was like 'Sure, whatever. Why not. It won't kill me.'

It's cheaper to go there and have no tuition paid for than it is to go to one of the universities in Florida I'm looking at and have 100% tuition covered. That is insane, so I guess I'm actually really considering BYU Idaho even though I've been kind of dead against the BYUs.

My ex cranked called me.

I dated her for a couple weeks in May 2007, we weren't even that close. She's STILL at it.

I might mosey on over to her place and trash her car or her skull. I'm sick of this nonsense.

The creators of Viruses should be hunted down and shot like the animals they are.

I will be sincerely ticked off with my professor if I get anything below a B on this A&P exam coming up. He gives us a one hundred page study guide online, to which the class' reaction is a :dubious:, and then after each chapter he does a 'test' on the overhead, which is ten times easier than the study guide. Sooo, I asked him if the exam more closely resembled the study guide or the overhead test and his answer was yes and my reaction turned to :hammer2:

I want a better A&P professor. :(
I want the guy I was signed up for before I decided 'Hey, let me switch so I can go to Institute!'. Well, actually, I don't...because Institute is worth it.

But I wish he would have told us what kinds of things to expect because I don't fail things and I'm afraid I'm going to.

I will be sincerely ticked off with my professor if I get anything below a B on this A&P exam coming up. He gives us a one hundred page study guide online, to which the class' reaction is a :dubious:, and then after each chapter he does a 'test' on the overhead, which is ten times easier than the study guide. Sooo, I asked him if the exam more closely resembled the study guide or the overhead test and his answer was yes and my reaction turned to :hammer2:

I want a better A&P professor. :(
I want the guy I was signed up for before I decided 'Hey, let me switch so I can go to Institute!'. Well, actually, I don't...because Institute is worth it.

But I wish he would have told us what kinds of things to expect because I don't fail things and I'm afraid I'm going to.
Maybe you ought to consider pairing up with a classmate in that class. Sometimes working with someone can at least give you a break on being stuck in a rut and possibly provide you a different angle on how to tackle such tedious stuff that you feel somewhat overwhelmed.

Maybe you ought to consider pairing up with a classmate in that class. Sometimes working with someone can at least give you a break on being stuck in a rut and possibly provide you a different angle on how to tackle such tedious stuff that you feel somewhat overwhelmed.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'll have to see if I can find someone, or maybe start some small study group. Thanks.

Dear God, Latin really is starting to suck.

For a project, we have to do a coat of arms.

How the hell will this teach us Latin? Cutting out some shield out of construction paper, slapping a motto on it, and putting some picturii on it won't teach us Latin. It's stupid. This is not Medieval European History. If it were Medieval European History, I'd understand. This is Latin class. We learn about Latin language and mottoes from READING THE BOOK AND TAKING A QUIZ ON IT, not some stupid cut-and-paste project that barely has anything to do with Latin.

This is by far the stupidest project I've had in my entire career. I mean, there was the cut-and-paste Pangaea project I had in 7th grade and that picture book WITH GODDAMN FLUFFY FRIGGIN' COTTON BALLS FOR CLOUDS in 8th grade. At least they actually PERTAINED TO THE SUBJECT OF WHAT THEY WERE TEACHING.

Christ, I miss my middle school teacher. All of her projects pertained to the subject matter. She taught the subject efficiently, and I thrived under her wing. She is definitely the most I learned from. She recognized the fact that I was a top-class student (After all, I got two perfects on the National Latin Exam and a perfect on the State).

Who's crazy: Me or my current teacher who thinks coats of arms will help us learn Latin?

She's not crazy. More like a flake. An airhead. or whatever....

Projects like that are supposed to be fun so suck it up and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom