Random Rants #XXIV - The Angry Mob

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with that?

Well, setting aside the obvious insulting nature of the accusation :)mischief:), it was made in the context of me lying about how long I'd been in the UK.

Immigration Officer: You have a British accent.
Me: Do I? I've only been here about 5 months.
IO: No, you must've been here longer to develop that accent. *You're lying*
Me: Well...I haven't...

This isn't the most pleasant situation you could find yourself in.

This is all part of our ridiculously lax immigration controls, allowing rude and abusive benefit cheats to flood into Britain from Eastern Europe...

At least, that's what the Daily Mail would have you believe.

What's F.O.B.?

I still have a mostly generic RP accent, despite having lived in the West Country for many years, so ignorant people still ask if I'm posh, gay or simply from elsewhere :(

Friend in town for awhile after having been gone for about four years. Since he's been gone he got married. I was in the wedding and his wife's a nice person, but she and I have absolutely nothing in common and I don't really like her. I've played strategy games with this guy for ages and I just got Civ V so I ask if he wants to come by when I get home from work to check it out. He says can only do it if I get off work early. I work my ass off to make sure I can get out in time.

I go to pick him up his wife asks if she can come. Without consulting me he says yes. I mention to him that my place is dirty because I wasn't expecting company when I left for work. I didn't mind it with him because he's basically family but for having a woman I barely know over, it's kind of an embarrassing level of messy. He just kind of shrugs and off we go.

We get back to my place and he tells me we cant hang out in the computer room because there's nothing for her to do and she doesn't like strategy games. So instead we play something on one of my consoles while she SLEEPS ON MY GODDAMN COUCH! She could have stayed the hell home and slept! So basically this lady is so pathetically needy that she has to crap all over my plans for what? So she doesn't have to sleep alone? And he's so whipped that he just lets her do it without so much as an apology?

But it gets worse.
On their way out the door they invite me to lunch tomorrow at 1030 in the morning. They know I work second shift, they know I sleep till 11 most days. So now I'm supposed to get up two hours early to go out to eat with them? I told them it probably wouldn't work out but I'd call if something changes.

I don't think that I've ever had anyone act so rudely toward me in my life. I now am irate with my friend and absolutely despise the pathetic codependent woman he married but I can't say anything. How do you tell an old friend that not only is he being a jerk, you hate his wife?

Sleep with the wife to get them divorced. Your friend will probably end up as less of a jerk, and you can simply break up with the wife later on.

EDIT: I have a really sore throat from the gastroscopy, and I have to go to school today. And I have a really bad cold as well.

Comcast borked out on me, as usual :rolleyes:.

Well, setting aside the obvious insulting nature of the accusation :)mischief:), it was made in the context of me lying about how long I'd been in the UK.

Immigration Officer: You have a British accent.
Me: Do I? I've only been here about 5 months.
IO: No, you must've been here longer to develop that accent. *You're lying*
Me: Well...I haven't...

This isn't the most pleasant situation you could find yourself in.

Surely you could have gone into some strine.

You should have just called him a whinging Pom and that would have got the point across that you are not English. You might have been arrested, so it might not have been all that wise.

I was expecting a lot more players in Classical IOT...

IOT is pretty much dead, I mean, look at how many comments we have had in the beta since Owen's update: 2 of them said they were leaving, 1 was legit, and 1 wasn't legit. :(

I am WAY too hungover for this...

IOT is pretty much dead, I mean, look at how many comments we have had in the beta since Owen's update: 2 of them said they were leaving, 1 was legit, and 1 wasn't legit. :(

Aye. Maybe it's time to pack up and leave for the NES Forums do you think?

I was happy with it and you know that there are various people who will sign up anyway, even if they don't post feedback.

Aye. Maybe it's time to pack up and leave for the NES Forums do you think?

Or maybe we could try making a Lazy-NES again, and hope it doesn't fall apart this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom