Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being all snarky and critical of music is pretty lame I'll admit but jesus christ that OP music was hard to listen to. There's just not enough molly in the world for that...

Rave: went fishing with daddy-o and we saw a bunch of orcas on the move. Very coolio. Majestic creatures indeed.

Last edited:
As a guess, it's probably the word 'crate' that's causing it (scammers offering fake 'loot crate' subscriptions).

Now I don't know of any examples of this happening but it sounds like a solid way to phish for info.
I guess there's a plus to sticking with the same family-friendly gaming site I've belonged to for most of the last decade (Big Fish Games). On the other hand, new internet lingo comes along and I have no idea what it means.

I'd take this to Site Feedback if it was a general problem (ie. there was a time awhile back when Gmail warned me about everything coming from CFC - and I did report that, but all the rest of the notifications from yesterday and today are coming through just fine).

Being all snarky and critical of music is pretty lame I'll admit

Not necessarily. It's actually good to be able to articulate your taste and explain in somewhat 'objective' terms why you dislike a piece of music. The problem is in confusing your taste with something 'objectively' true.

Do I need to watch the video to know what movie or show the video is from?
It's not a TV product; he's an electronic musician and that video's one of a live performance of his which he uploaded himself.
Being all snarky and critical of music is pretty lame I'll admit but jesus christ that OP music was hard to listen to. There's just not enough molly in the world for that...
You what.

One day after I decided to get AudioSurf when it went on sale, it went on sale. For less than three dollars. :woohoo:Even better, this was after I used some coupons to save more than $3 on a bunch of groceries that I had to get anyways.

Doing what?

I think crate expectations are when you're expecting a crate to have something nice inside, but when you finally open it all you get is disappointment.

I got my flu shot last night. It's funny, how absolutely delighted the pharmacists are when people ask for it (there was someone else who got one after I was finished).

I was told to "stay in the store" for awhile in case I had a reaction. Obviously they don't want people driving off, having an adverse reaction, and getting into an accident. I assured the pharmacist that I had Halloween candy to buy, so I would be in the store at least another 15 minutes. :scan:

The pharmacist who administered my flu shot gave me a lollipop after I fainted. So it wasn't all bad.

Not that I'm aware of.

In my bookmarks is this website, which is a collection of crates and barrels seen in video games.

That site is linked to in the very first line of the article I linked to.

TV is fixed. :dance:

You remember weeks ago, the capacitor in my aircraft-carrier-sized TV cracked, leaking electrolytes into my powerpack, & shorting out three components. There were no such components available locally and none in our city of Tagbilaran. We tried to buy an entire new powerpack, but none was available locally, none in Tag, and none in Germany because they had been discontinued. :eek2:

Then we found this scrawny little man in Tag working out of an actual hovel. I think he might be a wizard because in a few days he was able to gather the components and fix the powerpack. Cost = P2,500 [~$50].

I don't think I'd mentioned earlier that when we'd wrestled the TV off the wall, we'd damaged the wall. We'd patched the damage, but could find no store which had the right color paint to redo the wall. Yesterday when we picked up powerpack, we once again made the rounds of the paint stores, and the last one had some. :)

So we repainted the wall, installed the powerpack into the TV, wrestled the TV up onto its wall bracket, hooked up the sound system & everything works. :whew:

So much better than having to buy a new TV. :D

Rave: went fishing with daddy-o and we saw a bunch of orcas on the move. Very coolio. Majestic creatures indeed.

deadmau5 is the kind of music you really like for a really short period of time and then, after repeated listenings, you suddenly form a strong negative response to it. because really, his music is extremely formulaic and samey and hard on the ears, too. like brostep and the likes.

Sounds like a description of Country. :lol: :lol:

deadmau5 is the kind of music you really like for a really short period of time and then, after repeated listenings, you suddenly form a strong negative response to it. because really, his music is extremely formulaic and samey and hard on the ears, too. like brostep and the likes.
No. You're just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom