Random Thoughts 3: A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That...

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway valka, why even bother to open the windows in summer? i certainly don't. too hot for that nonsense.
Because my windows face west it gets hot, and the air circulation in this building isn't great. I'd have suffocated weeks ago if I hadn't had the balcony door open all this time. Now that I don't have to share with anyone, there are no worries about anyone (or their cats) sneaking in.

It's nice to have cool air for sleeping. I'll close everything in October, or whenever the first snow comes (sometimes we get that in September).

That sweet, sweet, cross breeze.

Or a fan on the window sill.
Exactly, for the breeze. I can't have a fan on the window sill, as they aren't wide enough, there's nowhere to plug one in, and the cat would have it knocked over.

I think most people open windows to get fresh air. I suppose that if you have AC, that would be counter-productive though.

It's a tradeoff.
If I open the windows I have to put on clothes because of the neighbours.

At 63, my neighbors avoid looking whenever possible. :)

30+ degree's summer, and my empirical research has concluded that it's better to have the windows open than closed

I don't see the connection between opening the windows and wearing clothes. I can close my blinds and still have the balcony door open to get fresh air.

(and don't anyone get the idea that this means I don't wear clothes... I just prefer privacy at night, therefore the blinds are closed)

I bought a package of Swiss Rolls the other day, for the first time in over 25 years. They're much smaller now than they used to be. :(
What filling to Swiss rolls have over in Canada?
I don't really understand consciously trying to 'get' the posting rights to a serial thread.
#sourgrapes
It's a tradeoff.
If I open the windows I have to put on clothes because of the neighbours.
I know we're not supposed to give advice or something, but may I recommend curtains?
30+ degree's summer, and my empirical research has concluded that it's better to have the windows open than closed
I bet you a beer you can't replicate these results in DC
How can he get the beer in if he doesn't open the window?

What filling to Swiss rolls have over in Canada?
It looks like some kind of icing, but I just had a look at the ingredient list, and there doesn't seem to be anything in it that's actually real (lots of soy-based ingredients, which means I shouldn't have much of it so this is the last time I will ever indulge in them). So they're chocolate and white-colored gooey stuff.

It's nowhere near like what I used to get.

Wikipedia seems to disagree with you.

Edit: I meant Synsensa. I hate Xenforo's not-loading-messages gimmick.

Last edited:
Then get better curtains. And wear a loincloth as Erika says.

A few hours ago, at 6 pm, I was tired as hell after not really having slept for 2 days. Was still a bit too early to go to sleep, so instead I decided work on a mod for a bit - and suddenly now it's half past 1. Weird, because that certainly didn't feel like... 7 hours. Huh! That's the problem with being home alone I guess. Well, 4 more days to go. ;)

This might be the first time in my life that I'm like: "Oh wow, I'm so happy that it's time to go to bed."

Goodnight Everyone.

/edit: Ah, nevermind. Again no sleep for me tonight I guess.

Last edited:
I would be somewhat upset if someone poured one out for me. Don't waste good drink. Appreciate the though, but I can't enjoy it if I'm dead.

I don't think I can eat salads anymore, at least not as a complete meal. A bunch of veggies sounds real healthy but I always end up craving something sugary before dinnertime rolls around :(

Moshe Dayan looked a lot like a stereotypical Nazi officer for a guy who was, like, the definitional opposite of that.

A few hours ago, at 6 pm, I was tired as hell after not really having slept for 2 days.
Please change your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom