Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing sleep patterns now ?
Left to my own devices I'll go to bed around 3 am and sleep until about 11am, but I can quickly adjust to earlier times if I have commitments. I used to work a lot of late shifts and didn't need to be up before noon.
The thing is, I suspect that I'm actually a natural morning person because I'm much more energetic and productive if I get up at five or six and it's mostly my lack of discipline that turns me into a night owl. I could go to sleep immediately after work, but I could also drink a cup of tea to keep me awake for a couple of hours and watch/read/play something.

Left to my own devices I quickly fall into a quasi-vampiric pattern of falling asleep a few hours after sunrise and waking up in the late afternoon or early evening.

He's a german shorthaired pointer, they usually have voracious appetites but not this guy.

The strange thing in my pack is that the shepherds have much higher intake requirements than the sled dogs, but the sled dogs are uniformly food driven while the shepherds have much wider interests.

40 years in business has lead to early waking.
Since I'm up at five on weekdays and feed the cats first thing, they feel obligated to remind me that it's 5 on the weekends also. *sigh*

Left to my own devices I quickly fall into a quasi-vampiric pattern of falling asleep a few hours after sunrise and waking up in the late afternoon or early evening.

:cringe:
Happens to me too sometimes, usually when depression hits me really hard and then the feeling of guilt and the lack of sunlight make it even worse.

40 years in business has lead to early waking.
Since I'm up at five on weekdays and feed the cats first thing, they feel obligated to remind me that it's 5 on the weekends also. *sigh*

This reply is intended to make you feel better by showing it could be worse. I'm retired. Feeding time on the weekdays is determined by when my gf gets up for work. I could sleep in, but she's up, the dogs are up, so I am up to get their breakfast. On the weekends she sleeps in, but I am still up to get their breakfast.

Mine firmly believe that 2am, 4am and 6am are designated play times.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't get a cat.

If I had a cat, it would be the most well-behaved cat imaginable, because I'd give her all the attention and toys that she's asking for, and only the best food, and she'd be so thankful for it that she'd never do anything selfish or annoying.

If I had a cat, it would be the most well-behaved cat imaginable, because I'd give her all the attention and toys that she's asking for, and only the best food, and she'd be so thankful for it that she'd never do anything selfish or annoying.

Well behaved cats aren't imaginable. As soon as you say well behaved you are no longer talking about a cat. A cat is a cat. You either like cats, or you don't like cats, but nothing can change a cat, or what being a cat is all about.

I have to agree with Tim. Dogs think of the master as a god while cats think of themselves as gods, even when they are so pretty and cuddly.

Ooooh how I love this, from now on I'm calling all of my plans/errands my "quests!"
See the Rants thread for how I have to apparently travel through time to be awarded my super-duper university degree.
I find it so fascinating how different people are .. may I ask how late you stay up at night? I get depressed when it's dark out, and I find I just can't be in bed if there's any daylight, and once that sun sets I notice my energy dropping really quickly. Sometimes it's difficult for me when I have company over who want to stay up until midnight, I'm practically a zombie, and then I'm up early next morning waiting to make breakfast (which quickly has to turn into lunch when they sleep past 11!)
Videogames.
Also, for me at least it's the only time of day in which I can be alone and write or draw or whatever without interruptions.
I'm in bed by 5, asleep by 10:30, and awake by 6 most days.
And in those four-and-a-half hours… you play videogames on a laptop?
Hmm...maybe I shouldn't get a cat.
A maddening thought.
I live in a flat; keeping cats here would mean keeping them imprisoned so no.

Improvise.

As somebody who began playing The Incredible Machine back in the 1990s on DOS I have to tell you that I'd add you to my friends list just for that post.
Ooooh so basically you're Hermione Granger?

A far less attractive version of her, of the opposite gender, and with far less money and no magical powers, but yes.

It really takes a special type of moronic bureaucrat to come up with a system that automatically assigns appointments to timeslots that have already expired.

And in those four-and-a-half hours… you play videogames on a laptop?

Nah. I find having a laptop on my lap to be infuriating. I have it on the end table and I watch a movie/some shows, go through the Imgur front page, read a few Not Always Right stories, and listen to music or ASMR.

ASMR is really starting to interfere with my object of getting stuff done. I should quit it but I'm weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom