Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically, foster parents abuse their foster children more often than parents who give their children up for adoption right after they've been born.
OK, OK, ich will bite.

This post of yours assumes that giving your children up for adoption does not constitute abusive behaviour in and of itself.

I am trying to Ryikafy my posts.

given your baffled expression i think i've succeded

OK, OK, ich will bite.

This post of yours assumes that giving your children up for adoption does not constitute abusive behaviour in and of itself.
It does assume that, but I think it's a fair assumption to make. Giving a newborn away if you don't want to be a parent (yet), or don't think you have what it takes to be a parent (yet), is probably the most reasonable decision you can make. At that age, the baby is pretty much guaranteed to find foster parents, as people who adopt usually prefer very young children, and due to the restrictions for people who want to adopt that exist in most places I'm familiar with, those people will be able to provide for the newborn, and hopefully become good parents. And while it's true that it's not a good experience for a child to lose the security of being with the person that gave birth to them, in the case where people want to give away their newborn, that bond probably wasn't very strong to begin with.

So overall, I think adoption after birth is much better than forcing yourself to be a parent which will likely resolve in a bad job. Being a parent is hard, if the motivation or the self-confidence isn't there to begin with, you're unlikely to do a good job.

Last edited:
Statistically, foster parents abuse their foster children more often than parents who give their children up for adoption right after they've been born.

Statistically, parents who give up their children have no children to abuse and thus collect stats on. :hmm:

Parents who devour their children whole to game some ancient prophecy are statistically more likely to be smote with thunderbolts.

And, speaking of statistics, Erika's post made me look up the highest posters list and Kyriakos has overtaken both warpus and Perfection to take #1 in the most posts list, with 49,880, even if he hasn't posted since… August?

That happened at the beginning of August.

And, speaking of statistics, Erika's post made me look up the highest posters list and Kyriakos has overtaken both warpus and Perfection to take #1 in the most posts list, with 49,880, even if he hasn't posted since… August?

Old news. He raved about this at the beginning of the summer.

Get with the program, you... you... you Argentinian!

Summer doesn't being until December.
That happened at the beginning of August.
Yes, what surprises me more is that warpus and Perfection haven't made up for the deficit yet. CFC is not what it used to be.

I consider my place on that list to be a great accomplishment given the time I have spent in the penalty box.

Well, the mods do what they can.

Did he stop posting right at the moment that he took first place, I wonder.

I changed the font in a computer program to Wingdings because I thought it was funny and now I can't figure out how to change it back. That wasn't very smart.
Sorta-Random thought, but prompted by this post:

Might I say, that almost every post from aimee that I recall seeing, has made me smile (with you, not at you)? :thumbsup:

If your plans/errands/quests for the day don't require you to get up early. Should you still strive to do it? And I don't mean dead early but at least before 10 am or something.

I feel a bit guilty when I lounge in my bed past midday or so but on the OTOH the stuff I have to do I can just as well do during afternoon and evening so why do I feel guilty? Is there some lingering protestant work ethics shame at play here?

Last edited:
If your plans/errands/quests
Ooooh how I love this, from now on I'm calling all of my plans/errands my "quests!"

Oh dear, sleeping until 10 am? I feel really guilty if I sleep in until 7 am, even on my days off I'm up by six. If I'm still in bed by eight, you know I must be really sick. I like completing my quests early and getting ahead of the rush (I'm extremely introverted and I very much dislike large crowds), and I just feel better when I can just relax later. I feel by noon half my day's already over, I struggle understanding how people can sleep in so late, lol. Oh but of course, I'm always in bed well before 10 pm, so that must seem pretty strange to some people.

Very unwoke casting for the Witcher TV show.
Couldn't they find any slavic actors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom