Realpolitik 2014

Vote Venice and Arabs

I vote for Venice or Arabia as our nation.

The situation has changed. As of this point, because of the incredible difficulty that would be involved in running a successful RP game as them, especially with my new actions and rules, Venice is removed from the running as our Civilization.

UNLESS someone can provide a compelling argument I have not already considered as to why it should be left in. Until such time, Venice has been removed from the vote tracker and no further votes for it will be counted.

-L

Hmm we need a conservative pro-immortal aristocratic party. Anyone willing to join up with me to make one?

Edit: I really only chose Venice because I have never tried to play with them and I thought a one-city democracy could be interesting.

China then France

The situation has changed. As of this point, because of the incredible difficulty that would be involved in running a successful RP game as them, especially with my new actions and rules, Venice is removed from the running as our Civilization.

UNLESS someone can provide a compelling argument I have not already considered as to why it should be left in. Until such time, Venice has been removed from the vote tracker and no further votes for it will be counted.

-L

My only argument is that it would be a unique experience, and hopefully breed a kind of infighting and politicking that has never been seen before. Moreover, I've always been fascinated by the politics in a city-state: I remember I shared with you a terrible early attempt at writing based around that concept. While obviously that is only tangentially related, I definitely have a passion for the concept and I think that you can too, and that it would be fun in an entirely new way.

Finally, I think that while it may not fit your vision, that doesn't mean it's wrong. I understand you're the one running the game, and I totally respect that, but I also think you opened it up to a vote and you should acknowledge that Venice did win, and that means at least some people are open to trying it. You can always restart if it's boring, but trying new things is never to be discouraged.

I hope you can understand this, and it'd be really nice if we at least try. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun. And if not, CiV has a restart button.

I believe, as somebody who dislikes the idea of starting as Venice, that Venice and the one city concept that goes with it would not mesh with the game mechanics in this Realpolitik the way they are now. Several actions such as martial law, riots, home cities, as well as the idea of NPC voting with political capital, all revolve around multiple cities.

Also, although Venice won the voting as a city state, lets recognize that if we vote on whether people want to play as a civilization capable of spawning multiple cities or Venice, then Venice would lose. And I believe that issue is what this comes down to, and so Venice's uniqueness was why it was taken out from the voting.

Besides (having tried to GM multiple games) it is incredibly frustrating when players, who have significantly less committed to the game, argue when you decide a rule about your own game. If he doesn't want Venice, whether he has good reason or not, I think we should respect his decision.

I wasn't disrespecting his opinion.

He said we could try to convince him and I did.

True he did say that, I suppose I got that sense from the paragraph about how other peoples opinions aren't wrong just because they are different. Before that I agreed with your argument.

HOLY SHEET

I'll Vote: Poland, Denmark. I don't really play CivV so that could come and bite me on the bum later but eh.

And for rivals... Vote: Aztec, Shoshone

Also Difficulty: Prince because I want an actual chance at winning. :p

Reserving Insanely Mad Warmongers' Party (now with 100% less formatting crew), will post preamble when I get a chance.

Spoiler crazy, silly, obnoxious :
:hammer2:INSANELY!
:run: MAD! :run:
:ar15: WARMONGERS! :ar15:
:banana: PARY!!! :banana:

We believe that TXT_KEY_NATION_NAME should conquer the world! We need to destroy all enemies in our way! Of course, we need a good economy to support our army, so we support a good economy. And we need science to get Giant Death Robots, which are awesome, so we support science as well. But most of all we want to destroy and conquer! EXTERMINATE!!!

Now that we've got that obligatory silliness out of the way, let's get to giving this group a much needed redefinition.

INSANELY MAD WARMONGERS' PARTY

IMWP is about the establishment and protection of our democracy via strength. All men, Immortal or Mortal, should have a say in their government. We will have many enemies, internal and external, they will try and destroy us. The only way to liberate the whole world is to be strong. Through victory the whole world will be free

Speech that NinjaCow64 gave to the Immortals at the Presidential Palace

I have always been a warrior. Even when I was a child, many hundreds of years ago, I regularly wrestled with the other children in my tribe. When I grew up, I became a hunter for my tribe. A stray spear hit me in the chest and that was when my immortality was discovered.

They feared me, shunned me. But I could not leave them, they were good people, they were just afraid. Eventually the tribe grew old, a rival tribe thought that they could take advantage of my people and murder them. I intervened, in that battle I realised my true calling.

I went across the lands and delivered justice, I would intervene in conflicts great and small and save the most righteous. I remember one tribe named me as one of their great warriors, the sixty-fourth to be given the title. The “kneen-jar-caw”, it is what I call myself now, my other names have no meaning to me now.

In my travels, I would see Immortals, other Mortals even, oppress those they should have protected. They would worship him or her as a god, and in return they would be treated no better than cattle. But here, today, we are different. We have a chance to make something better, something to truly fight for. We can build, build this “democracy”, a brotherhood of all men.

There will be enemies. Men are afraid of what they do not know or understand and the many God-Emperors will see us as a threat. They will destroy us if we are not ready for them.

That is why I am founding this “Party”. Together we are strong, through strength is victory and through victory is freedom.

OOC: I’m pulling a Partitionania, silly name serious party. Two quick questions,

1) Is there a limit to amount of politicians that can have a hometown in one city?

2) Would you mind if I advertised in IOT? More players are always good, but I understand it is a bit annoying to have other people advertise for you.

Never done one of these before but why not.

PC Civ: Denmark/Polynesia
Comp Civs: Zulus/Sweden
Difficulty: Prince
My Party: I will join the Guardian Party

Currently my available time is limited, so I won't be heading a party or anything for now, but I'll stick myself on the Independent list.

As to our nation: I personally always liked the idea of an RP as Germany, but of the current competitors Arabia seems like fun. For the Difficulty level something lower always seems appropriate, so I'll join the crowd on Prince. AI nations is always a fun choice... I'll have to ask for Rome just out of age-old enmity for the sacking of Ravus-York :)hammer:), and the 'founders' of Democracy in Greece could make for an interesting dynamic as well.

DT
Crusading for the Cause? :jesus:

I also vote Rome and Poland as rivals.

Change vote to Poland and Arabs.

Top Bottom