Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning The Riots...

As I understand there is room for "special" ideas.

Has anyone considered shooting arrows with money into the crowd. Nothing disperses faster than people who fear their newly gained richness....

Might cost you 2-3 Gold but could be worth it ;)
Wouldn't that stir up even more conflict, as people compete to get more money from each other?

And it would also be damaging to our economy as well.

I'd understand if you don't trust me with this either, but I would be willing to go work in one of our great cities to help improve our economy!

Wait, will the full plan be posted for all to see on the thread as before? Or will you simply send it first?

And I think that the war plan that Ravus posted a while ago is the good. Gimme a minute to find it.

EDIT: Here it is:

for those talking about a future war with Vikingdom attacking Greece/Poland would only tie up the troops. The Best bet would be to find the Doom Stack with Cull. Settle a forward base next to the Viking Captial then launch a Strike on there (it's one of their few none ice cities) while keeping reseerves next to Greece and tracking the Doom stack. Once that has been dealt with (catapult power) the battle would be easier.

After twenty-four hours the riots have been mostly quelled in Ravus-York. However, Copperhead fanatics have risen up in the nearby territory, forming two spear companies after overwhelming the local garrisons in bloody massacres. The good news is that nearly all the Copperhead loyalists have joined the Army of Revolution in France, and their numbers have collapsed across the Empire. If the Army can be crushed, the Copperhead Era perhaps is at an end.

If we fail, then there may yet be a Copperhead state in France to contend with. And perhaps the Nordic Bloc will see this as weakness to exploit.

- Lighthearter

What's our military situation in the region?

In chat Lh says an archer.

The copperheads have taken up arms against our country! I say we crush them. They have forfeited their rights as British citizens.

Yeah, we're not going to stand for this. We'll need something better than an Archer, though. Macemen should take care of Spearmen no problem. Heck, even Axemen or Swordsmen, or even Knights in a pinch.

Let me know if this is still something that can be addressed pre-turnset, or if I'll have to account for it in-game, in which case, I'll probably just have to whip a Maceman out of Ravus-York, which would be sad, because that would be a grievous misuse of resources at this point in time, but it's better than letting cities splinter off.

The last update shows two units, with the top one being an archer.

We must do everything we can to crush this uprising. Riots are one thing, but armed revolt is completely unacceptable. We must show no mercy, we must show no quarter, we must destroy them. Nothing less than Victoria' head on a pike.

Yeah. Now, they're gonna feel it. Kill each and every one of them.

Keep in mind, though, that if we fail, this will probably escalate into civil war.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: I have been grounded, FOR A MONTH. If you really want to know why, ask. Its not a big deal. But the big deal is that i can only get on here when i have a school excuse or when i can sneak on (like now). Any future votes will be defaulted to the jokers and the monks unless i state otherwise, and dont expect too many posts by me. I expect it will be hell to keep up in the first place, let alone post actively.

To any and all PMers that have unread/unresponded PMs in my inbox, my apologies to go out to you. My internet was spotty where i was for the weekend, and now ive been grounded. I will hopefully be able to sneak on later tonight and cacth up.

In the mean time, for christs sake, DONT SPAM!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go along with the Kill Them All sentiment. This is now a war.
Agreed. Wipe them out. Why are they in England if they support Rome?

Archer and Great Prophet.

Whosit - THIS has to be in-turnset. Wanna just upgrade the archer and whether it?

- Lighthearter

I suppose I will strongly consider that option. *Sigh* so much for the research money. Upgrade Archer to Crossbowman, for the bonus vs. melee units. But I'll include that in the Plan when I send it.

Edit: No negotiation. They killed our troops and have raised arms against us. At this point, it no longer matters who started this fight. We have to end it decisively. I am certain that Ragnar is watching.

Not only have they taken up arms against their country, they have killed soldiers in the service of our Empire.

There will be no negotiations. An example must be made of them.

OH SO NOW YOU PEOPLE WANT TO KILL THEM ALL. WHAT DID I TELL YOU???!!!

Okay, more comments later tonight. LH hold off on any plans or anything like events, i have to PM you orders for the HDO!

Well, after the MathNerd incident (I think that was it anyways) I began to think they must be handled violently, but I still maintained the idea that the government must do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom