Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
KILL ALL THE COPPERHEADS!!! THEY HAVE COMMITED TREASON AND DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!!

Edit: I was suppose to have the capslock key on when typing this message

I like to think I made a difference here today.

Also, if all the letters in a post are caps, the forum automatically makes them lowercase.

It's like they don't want us to try to communicate blind rage. :(

I would put that in my signature if I put amusing quotations in my signature.

If I had a quote in my signature it would either be

A: Blatantly stroking my own ego by using a quote from myself or,
B: Something from Doctor Eggman. Because he's awesome.

Why is this even up for debate? Just kill them. Centuries of them making a nuisance, and even a threat, of themselves, and now they take up arms, and we ARE TALKING ABOUT AMNESTY? Insanity.

Crush the uprising, but with no more killing then necessary, then single out the leaders and put them on official trial (with Death Sentence, for sure), the rest of the surviving mob may beg for mercy... which they can get as conscripts in our army at the front.

The amnesty bit is so that we weed down their numbers. As I have said before, if we "kill them all", we risk turning them into martyrs and creating generations of resentment in the region (e.g.: "The immortals are monsters! They massacred the poor Copperheads without remorse! Down with the Immortals!").
However, I do not propose that this stay there forever. No, we must set a deadline to this offer. And they must surrender to us and swear an oath of loyalty to England. After the deadline, anyone we capture is either conscripted if he's a minor footsoldier, or arrested if he's a major rebellion leader.

After this conflict, we should try all the leaders before a military tribunal.

The only problem with this: We've already "weeded out the less violent ones". That's what we did during my regime, remember? If we keep letting the less violent ones off, we'll appear to be weak. The ones that have not let down after ALL of these threats deserve to die.

Fine. Then we just plow ahead. But we CAN'T risk making them look like martyrs... We can either go one path, kill them all and risk creating generations of resentment in the area; or we capture them and put them on trial and possibly risk looking weak.

I say we do a combination. We conscript or kill the lowly footsoldiers, and try the higherups.

As I have said before, if we "kill them all", we risk turning them into martyrs and creating generations of resentment in the region (e.g.: "The immortals are monsters! They massacred the poor Copperheads without remorse! Down with the Immortals!").
Anyone in their right mind can see this statement is absolutely ridiculous. An attack on the treasonous Copperheads would be completely justified, given the violence they've already caused. But I do agree we should offer amnesty.

We cannot grant them amnesty for treason. It is not to be borne. Treason is too despicable a crime to allow them to simply walk away.

Oh grow up. At our stage, murder a load, kill the rebellion, wait a couple generations, finite.

Putting the leaders on trial might just make them as bigger a martyrs as if we kill them. Its not like they will be 'innocent until proven guilty'!

I'm not sure what we can do about the Copperheads, but to eliminate them is the worst option and will likely give the most negative response.

If we are to put anyone on trial, it should be the soldiers who tried to break up a rally which was legally allowed to be held, regardless of how objectionable their cause. They have caused this situation to escalate.

We should not go on the attack against the spearman 'army' either. If they choose to attack us, they forfeit their rights and will be killed by our units - but we can win the propaganda war if they attacked us and we defended the realm than if we quashed them

I'm not sure what we can do about the Copperheads, but to eliminate them is the worst option and will likely give the most negative response.

We should not go on the attack against the spearman 'army' either. If they choose to attack us, they forfeit their rights and will be killed by our units - but we can win the propaganda war if they attacked us and we defended the realm than if we quashed them

There's nothing else we can do at this point.

I'd rather not let enemy spearmen wander around and pillage improvements that we lack the manpower to rebuild quickly. If they don't surrender, they die.

The amnesty bit is so that we weed down their numbers. As I have said before, if we "kill them all", we risk turning them into martyrs and creating generations of resentment in the region (e.g.: "The immortals are monsters! They massacred the poor Copperheads without remorse! Down with the Immortals!").
However, I do not propose that this stay there forever. No, we must set a deadline to this offer. And they must surrender to us and swear an oath of loyalty to England. After the deadline, anyone we capture is either conscripted if he's a minor footsoldier, or arrested if he's a major rebellion leader.
I talked to LH, he said we aren't getting out of this one so easily. As the mp already killed all the moderates in R-Y (or they surrendered). The 2 spearman are ALL extremists.

If we are to put anyone on trial, it should be the soldiers who tried to break up a rally which was legally allowed to be held, regardless of how objectionable their cause. They have caused this situation to escalate.

:agree: mostly, however pilliging improvements will count as an attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom