Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fortress? It is not. A sentry net may be wise, now that I think of it.

Britain itself is a fortress. I am not in the slightest concerned that the barbaric pagans of the north will set foot on our bonnie isle. And if they do, we'll fight on the beaches, etc...

That's the large problem with Civ4. You can land a D-Day sized invasion force one one beach in a day and there's little anyone can do about it. :lol:

Maybe someone more experienced with AI behavior can confirm this, but I have heard that if you are on the same continent as an AI, and they are planning to go to war with you, they will never plan an amphibious attack - they'll only attack by land.

Should be true. They may have fixed that in 3.19 though.

In the case of an amphibious assault, 3-5 triremes should defend our islands well. We'll need to set up knights in Neapolis and Cumae for flanking assaults, catapults should hang back, and long/xbows should stay in the cities just in case.

Maybe someone more experienced with AI behavior can confirm this, but I have heard that if you are on the same continent as an AI, and they are planning to go to war with you, they will never plan an amphibious attack - they'll only attack by land.

IIRC, this is true. Which is why our defenses should be along the Polish border.

Now, defenses in Britain are another matter. It obviously counts as another landmass. But will the AI know to invade?

We can't rely on gamey AI behaviour like that, remember guys, LH is at the helm with his itchy WB trigger finger.

We can't rely on gamey AI behaviour like that, remember guys, LH is at the helm with his itchy WB trigger finger.

WBing in an invasion fleet sizable enough to be a threat would screw over England, period. There would be no way for England to defend against it.

So, there is time to be gamey when it comes to diplomacy.

I say we burn Vikingland. Just... Burn the whole country. That'll learn them not to mess with Englishmen.

You're right. We should totally go invade that larger country with more troops and better weapons then us.

IIRC, this is true. Which is why our defenses should be along the Polish border.

Now, defenses in Britain are another matter. It obviously counts as another landmass. But will the AI know to invade?
Well, my point is, since we have cities in mainland Europe, other civs won't attack Britain, because they'd target those cities instead.

You can't change AI behavior with WB. Even given a navy, I wonder if the AI would know what to do with it. Besides, I think that would be a really game-breaking change.

I'm not saying LH would change the AI behaviour, but he can WB in events that he dreams up. We shouldn't consider the Home Island safe just because the AI won't plan a naval invasion on it's own.

Wow. Nearly 12 hours without a single new post? Amazing.

Anyway, I thought that everyone would like to know that the first draft of The Plan has been written, and is currently in the revision phase. The final version should be ready for submission soon.

I also thought that I would publicize a small portion of The Plan as it relates to governmental structure. A few changes are in order, you see.

First, despite having the appropriate knowledge for some time, we have not adopted streamlined, standardized procedural practices for the administration. I will have our London offices reorganized into a Bureaucracy.

It has also come to my attention that our foreign revenue is at an all time low. After a brief investigation, I learned that this is due to many foreign nations adopting isolationist economic policies. In this light, England, too, must adopt protectionist policies, and foster domestic specialization and industry. However, trade will remain open with our German vassals, of course.

Lastly, it is now time for our clergy to put down the sword and shield and to pick up the spade and trowel. While England must still be prepared to fight, the faithful would serve our country best by assisting with the rebuilding and growth of our infrastructure.

That is all.

Concerning The Riots...

As I understand there is room for "special" ideas.

Has anyone considered shooting arrows with money into the crowd. Nothing disperses faster than people who fear their newly gained richness....

Might cost you 2-3 Gold but could be worth it ;)

I'm surprised that we haven't already implemented a bureaucratic system. Oh well.

Great plan, Whosit. Really unfortunate that everyone has gone isolationist, but hey, what can you do. Though to be honest, I'd like to see better relations with the Mediterranean nations.

Concerning The Riots...

As I understand there is room for "special" ideas.

Has anyone considered shooting arrows with money into the crowd. Nothing disperses faster than people who fear their newly gained richness....

Might cost you 2-3 Gold but could be worth it ;)

Actually, we'd have to get a lot of money for that, and making more money would simply cause inflation, which, considering that we are shoveling money into an inferno, is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom