Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah
Sorry
I should have thought of that.

DT
Learning Judgement :jesus:

IC: The Bible is a partly-historical account of things that happened, but most of it didn't happen. End of story.

How can the Arabs exploit us? They're not too stronger than us, and probably less economically powerful, due to being infested with desert and probably having HUGE maintenance costs. And I know that Saladin is not a backstabber. I know.

It's Pretty Much Unavoidable now. Unless we Sue desperately for peace Peter is going to attack with his Illduce support force.
We're not technically at war yet, but we should expect to be attacked on turn 1 of the update.

X-post: Maybe They're not much stronger now, but they've got a lot of land, they can become stronger fast. They propably aren't suffering too badly from maintanece costs. I think they get AI discounts and even if they don't they have two good shrines and I think most of mesopotamia, so they have some good cities. As to how they exploit us they could try threatening us for Tech or cash, but I agree that isn't really applicable here. The main point is They are a danger too us, even Allies aren't safe if LH throws in some event. Probably some of my supporters (even if I only have 1) doing something stupid.

DT
Crusader for the Cause of the Khan :jesus:

Sorry WIM, but it seems as if war is unavoidable. We need to strike and strike HARD. Darnit, the iron will never be hotter then it is now. Russia is on the ropes. Viking is preoccupied in India. Speaking of which, we should seriously start discreetly supporting them in their fight for freedom.

We need to take out Scandinavia and Greece first, in that order, then swooping in on a weakened Russia. Whether we take Ireland first or not depends on the ammount of galleys we have. If we can have KRF support, and if they can set off a fifth column movement inside the city, we'll only need a small force of Redcoats. Can we LH?

Right now, the plan depends on the ammount of navy we have.

I think I may have missed something... Are we in a state of war with Russia already?

Yes. On both counts.

On our navy: I suspect that our navy is small, unless President Aysee had commissioned a building program. I'm pretty sure that I didn't build many boats during my term because I was hoping to beeline Astronomy and just build Galleons.

I say supplement our existing galleys with 3 more, then take Ireland. That should all be over in 10 turns at most. Then, since we aren't at war with thevikings yet, we declare on them and assault nidaros and Greek Poland simultaneously. The polish cities should go to germany.

Aysee do you still have EP?

No, I do not have EP. I suppose we could ask LH for pics...

Last update is on page 375. 61 pages in 15 turns!

I don't think we really need pics if LH can just tell us some things. Like how many of what troops are in what region.

A snapshot of the Military Adviser screen plus some general comments on troop distribution (ours and theirs) from LH should be sufficient. Just remember that you have to PM him to actually get any of that info.

Sorry guys you where just to fast for me now...

I've red up a bit but it really got confusing...

So Ilduce is gone... But this AR continues, does it make sense to "join" a side now? (Wonder which one Russia against England...Ok join your side)

Is there any chance of getting those warmoning people back to reality and build up peacefully first?

this term(Aysee's) IS the peace-build up term. next term is the attack term, although I wish people were more careful about what they said where. at this rate, we won't have the advantage of surprise, whoever we hit. which means more people have to die than are necessary

Nukeknockout
Imperial Party Member

this term(Aysee's) IS the peace-build up term. next term is the attack term, although I wish people were more careful about what they said where. at this rate, we won't have the advantage of surprise, whoever we hit. which means more people have to die than are necessary

Nukeknockout
Imperial Party Member

There you go; idea next round you need to attack.. Why... why not stay peacefull?

There you go; idea next round you need to attack.. Why... why not stay peacefull?

Because our neighbors are not remaining peaceful, and because England will stagnate and weaken if we remain inert while our enemies grow and expand.

Nuke: I've been worrying about it, but are you referring to something LH mentioned about anything that's not tagged as "OOC" is known by all the world? If that's true... doesn't that mean that planning any kind of war is... not only pointless, but harmful? Or are you referring to something else?

There is time for peace, and there is time for war. You go to war to pursue peace, and you have peace so that you have time to build your army for next war. Whether you like it our not, that's the philosophy used by the enemies around us, thus the war is needed to assume power so that we can have peace. Without the show of power at least once, no one will believe in what our Grand Army is capable of.

OOC:

@tt- would you support a war to liberate russia from the evil arabs?

@Arya- I agree with the invasion plans, but I think we should a keep a few cities in northern Poland, just so we have continuous borders.

@Nuke-I was under the Impression Whosit had spent his term building up the army. Yes I worried a bit about the other nations seeing my posts, but I can't use PM's yet. Besides I wanted everyone to see my arguements, and the other nations shouldn't pay much attention to me. My ideas are obviously in the minority here.

@fellow- I'm happy to see you joined England's side :D. We warmongerers are looking at reality, at least I am, and what I see says we Have to Expand soon or be boxed in. I think our army is strong enough to take and hold poland at least.

@ono-neko- Exactly. I completly agree. Now is a war time. :ar15:

IC: We must war for our Religion. (Insert religious Ramblings)

DT
Defender of the Faith :jesus:

@Twinkletoes: Just because the leader is a lunatic, doesn't mean the rest of the people are too. However, whatever pretty name is given to it, war is still war, and whatever excuses is given for the reason of war, in the end, the victor decides who is right. In any case, if it comes to that, then whatever happens, I am hoping Britain is the victor... Just being an optimistic realist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom