Rest of the World's Air Forces

For the moment I'm not using the FTP access but just re uploading your file.

When I edited the Rafale, there's an option to upload a file, or to enter a link. Perhaps it's where you link to your FTPed files.

I normally don't wish anything bad on people,....who am I kidding, I hope who ever did this gets a severe case of the crabs. I only wish that I could be there to see them suffer for their transgressions.

Guess what?

Ah! So here's y'r thread... Just wanted to say: great work on y'r planes!:goodjob:

EDIT: Re:pM [units]: I just meant: you keep posting these great units, but you don't post 'em with link to thread and from just looking at 'em it's not clear if they're CIII or C4 or what, 's all. (Your info is short as can be is what I mean. It creates confusion, especially for noobs, like when I post a one-line comment, see.) Also, the pics look great, but why not post the actual in-game look?:confused:

Ah! So here's y'r thread... Just wanted to say: great work on y'r planes!:goodjob:

EDIT: Re:pM [units]: I just meant: you keep posting these great units, but you don't post 'em with link to thread and from just looking at 'em it's not clear if they're CIII or C4 or what, 's all. (Your info is short as can be is what I mean. It creates confusion, especially for noobs, like when I post a one-line comment, see.) Also, the pics look great, but why not post the actual in-game look?:confused:

I will try to do this without bursting a blood vessel.

I currently have 1398 units. I don't feel like writing something LONG in each and every unit entry.

I post ALL my units in large and organized thematic threads so that poeple will not need to go searching through the entire forum for a certain unit. So there is no need to post a link to the thread if there is only 1 thread. Plus MOST poeple don't even bother looking at the database and would NEVER know I've uploaded them unless I TELL them in threads such as these.

Yes it is clear that these are Civ3 units because they are posted in the Civ3 units section. If you don't understand how the Database is organized, then I can't help you. It's sounds like a personal problem, bad eye-sight or poor schooling.

I have made over 1000. That's right, ONE THOUSAND units. I don't have time to post in-game pictures. Only this past week have I actually played the damn game for the 1st time in over a year.

Noobs: Unless they prove useful, I really don't care about them.

I had the feeling that finding them in the Civilization III > Civ3 - creation & customization sub forums, or in the Civ III section of the database would have been a good hint wether they are for CivIII or CIV.

About the in game look, that's a great idea. Now that you have volunteer to spend hours adding hundreds of units to the game and make screenshots, we are waiting for you to actually do something.

Alternatively, go there http://stephane.f.david.free.fr/CivMod/america.htm to see some of them

Hey, don't get mad! I fully realize you just re-uploaded alot of y'r fine stuff (and I ain't kiddin'!) - it was just a suggestion for user-friendliness, 's all...:mischief:

And I am very honoured to be deemed worthy a response from the Great Wyrmshadow Himself. Truly I am.;)

Steph is right, anytime you find a unit in the Civ3 forums or Civ3 download database that should make it clear that the unit is for Civ3 not Civ4. As far as including more info everyone else on the forum seems to feel the need to write lengthy descriptions about units in the creators threads so why should a unit creator take time away from making new units by researching and writing about each unit he/she posts? In game screenshots, hmmmm why? Does it serve any real purpose to do so?

Hey no need to insult the guy, he's just providing feedback for you.

He was pretty much asking for it with the whole database confusion. I could have been a lot tougher but I chose not to. And that wasn't feedback, it was confusion. Since you seem to spend the majority of your time in the Civ4 section of the forum, I don't expect you to understand me:

I PRODUCE.

Most users are content to just consume. Every once in a while they ask for more. IOW they ask that I do more, plus x1000 for each one of my units.

I make the units. I make a LOT. I post them. I don't include sounds because you already have them. I include a large 'beaty' shot to show off detail. In the threads I make a game-sized preview. I also consolidate my units into large threads so you don't need to go looking for them individually.

I don't make a preview animation because it's really just a waste of my time. All my aircraft are pretty much the same. Everyone should have Flicster or Civ3mm to preview these things on their own. If you don't, it's not my problem. I don't include an in-game shot because that would just be a collosal waist of my time because I barely play the game.

If you don't know what a certain unit is... well Google is your friend or JFWI.

If you think I'm trying to jump on you for this, I am not. This is how adults explain things logically and one who strongly believes in stoic essentials not lavish entitlements. If you still think I'm flaming you, well then now it's a personality problem on your end.

-Wyrm, DILLIGAF

Wyrm: Do you have the Panavia Tornado & the Eurofighter Typhoon on your to-do-list? Would like to see them on my german airfields! :)

11 F-104 starfighters posted. Steph's been bothering me for the past month to get these done.

11 F-104 starfighters posted. Steph's been bothering me for the past month to get these done.
Me??? I merely asked you what the status was when you showed me a preview of your Roman Ironclad :mischief:
Oh, and were is Bundesluftwaffe F-104? :p

(Only checked out the "Dutch" version, but: ) Another sample of great renderings!:goodjob:

(Running the risk of bursting another one's bloodvessel: ) I still have to check out this thread to see what it's for - if I'm a noob. BTW, I think it's a pity you don't play - but then: where would all the planes come from?:mischief:

New Starfighters posted.
1 Canadian
1 Taiwan
3 Japan

That's ALL the F-104's I have.

NEXT: International F-4 Phantoms. Then French Jag and Int Jags, then UK, then Germany

Top Bottom