Rhyes Civ 4 map converted and adjusted

I will try it... Thanks for people who want this...

I missed the DLC civs too so i took the map and placed Babylonia, Spain, Inca and Mongolia in.

Also i changed those weird colors to normal.

I discovered big problems, firstly with CCMAT Quickening v2, secondly without any mod...

Each once i encountered Spain as Rome or France, the game is bugged...

Because Spain seems normal but after a message opens with Rio de Janeiro City-State !

I declared war to Spain, both Rio de Janeiro and Spain were at war with me...

After i made peace with Rio de Janeiro and Spain was in peace with me !

The Civ Spain was tagged "Team 31"...

It seems that the number of original slot of given map size cant be over-numbered...

It seems that if a map has 30 slots at Large ( 10 civs + 20 city-states ), it can't have more like 31,32,33,34 starts for all the factions...

So i recommend to delete a few city-states ;)

Hm! If no one else does I will have a look on it in the next days. It kinda sickens me because i at least started a game and it worked quite well.

Sry for the problems

This left me a bit restless so i gave it some minutes. The problem seems to be that the new civs are in a team with city states altho I cannot see a reason for that. I deleted Hanoi, Belgrade and Warsaw (seemed to be the least important, also there was alrdy a lot of competition in europe) and ran the game. Declaring war on Isabella now didnt declare war on Rio so i guess Lachlan is right.

Changed barbarians to raging so that civs with a lot of place are slowed down. also it simulates small civs that have to be fought with.
Isabella is still labled team 31 but well... i dont bother if there are no other problems

Heres the new version

Attachments

• RhyesConverted_DLCnew_v101005.rar
    9.7 KB · Views: 473
I had a go at making a version as well, starting from the version in the OP :) And then I came to post and noticed there are more earth maps/scenarios around than I thought, hm. Anyway:

The players:
  • I kept the old world civs, removed those in the new.
  • The Ottomans became the Turks, capital Suyab (in central Asia).
  • Added Vikings and Carthaginians, by molnutz; edited. Used Housecarl graphics as converted by Deliverator.
  • New traits for Germans, Greeks, Songhai, Turks, Mongols. Boost for England and Arabia.
  • American city states: Onondaga, Sioux Falls, Tenochtitlan, Chichen Itza, Quito, Cuzco.
  • Other city states: Lisbon, Jeruzalem, Oyo, Axum, Great Zimbabwe, Lhasa, Hanoi, Seoul, Jakarta, Waikato.

The terrain:
  • Jungle -1 food. Added more marshes.
  • Removing marshes and jungle requires biology. But you can build plantations and mines in them without clearing.
  • Wheat is now called the more generic "cereals". Added more around the map.
  • Old Faithful became Geysir, Grand Mesa now Table Mountain (to spread them out more). Added Krakatoa.

The small changes: Fixed colors, added continents (should have read this topic better before!), fixed some rivers, removed pearls from Europe etc.

I'll need a better name and then I'll move it to scarios maybe, after the patch. I'm thinking of reducing minimum city distance to 2 again for this map if I can get the old settling behaviour back. I want closer spacing for Europe, wide spacing for the steppes.

Enjoy!

edit: check signature for download link!

Dear ecv,

I get the same problem as see thrax
Is there anyway to resolve this?
I also suggest you put more military units on civs that are near city-states that make them weak, for example England
Thanks a lot and keep being awesome.

Truly yours,
HisAwesomeness

This left me a bit restless so i gave it some minutes. The problem seems to be that the new civs are in a team with city states altho I cannot see a reason for that. I deleted Hanoi, Belgrade and Warsaw (seemed to be the least important, also there was alrdy a lot of competition in europe) and ran the game. Declaring war on Isabella now didnt declare war on Rio so i guess Lachlan is right.

Changed barbarians to raging so that civs with a lot of place are slowed down. also it simulates small civs that have to be fought with.
Isabella is still labled team 31 but well... i dont bother if there are no other problems

Heres the new version

Well done ! I will try it...

I had a go at making a version as well, starting from the version in the OP :) And then I came to post and noticed there are more earth maps/scenarios around than I thought, hm. Anyway:

The players:
  • I kept the old world civs, removed those in the new.
  • The Ottomans became the Turks, capital Suyab (in central Asia).
  • Added Vikings and Carthaginians, by molnutz; edited. Used Housecarl graphics as converted by Deliverator.
  • New traits for Germans, Greeks, Songhai, Turks, Mongols. Boost for England and Arabia.
  • American city states: Onondaga, Sioux Falls, Tenochtitlan, Chichen Itza, Quito, Cuzco.
  • Other city states: Lisbon, Jeruzalem, Oyo, Axum, Great Zimbabwe, Lhasa, Hanoi, Seoul, Jakarta, Waikato.

The terrain:
  • Jungle -1 food. Added more marshes.
  • Removing marshes and jungle requires biology. But you can build plantations and mines in them without clearing.
  • Wheat is now called the more generic "cereals". Added more around the map.
  • Old Faithful became Geysir, Grand Mesa now Table Mountain (to spread them out more). Added Krakatoa.

The small changes: Fixed colors, added continents (should have read this topic better before!), fixed some rivers, removed pearls from Europe etc.

I'll need a better name and then I'll move it to scarios maybe, after the patch. I'm thinking of reducing minimum city distance to 2 again for this map if I can get the old settling behaviour back. I want closer spacing for Europe, wide spacing for the steppes.

Enjoy!

A problem, it would be nice if the two Extra Civs were add by default, because these two civs were labelled as Random Civ...
What would keep you from adding these two Civs with your version of Rhye's map and give credit to their creator ? It would be less hard than downloading three once, one for your map/mod, one for Carthage, one for Nidaros...

Do you plan to include this map in your mod by default ?

The two civs that are labelled "random" are actually just Carthage (the first) and the Norse (second "random" civ), should have mentioned that in my post; they do work fine if you select them. As far as I know there is know way to fix the labelling, or rather: it will have to come from Firaxis ;) So you don't have to download something else to include them.

I don't plan to include this map in my mod, but I did make it fully compatible. In fact I changed the Cothon to have both my and the original harbor stats, so it doesn't feel out of place in either vanilla or my mod.

And by the way, it was your post in my topic that made me come out and make this ;) I'm a fan of earth maps myself!

The two civs that are labelled "random" are actually just Carthage (the first) and the Norse (second "random" civ), should have mentioned that in my post; they do work fine if you select them. As far as I know there is know way to fix the labelling, or rather: it will have to come from Firaxis ;) So you don't have to download something else to include them.

I don't plan to include this map in my mod, but I did make it fully compatible. In fact I changed the Cothon to have both my and the original harbor stats, so it doesn't feel out of place in either vanilla or my mod.

And by the way, it was your post in my topic that made me come out and make this ;) I'm a fan of earth maps myself!

Ok, i will retry your mod with your map when i will have a stronger comp :)

Heres the new version

I tried your version of Rhye's map, i propose you create a new thread with your file to download... It functions perfectly...

I will retry your version...

Can you start a new thread because it would be more readable for the visibility of your map version...

you don't put it in mods, you put it in maps

So, anyone bumped into this yet?

i also had the rio problem and warsaw problem, i've never really cared about it because of the civs i prefer to play, but in my latest homade little map i added a ton of city states in asia and africa to try to balance siam and china a bit, but now i'm stuck on a new problem:

my prayers have been answered and i got Korea to help with a bit of diversion in asia, but i cant add it! it seems to have something to do with what mentioned earlier regarding map size and amount of players allowed, problem being 22 civs is just max for me, no deleting of city states will change it. anyone know how to work around it?

So, anyone bumped into this yet?

i also had the rio problem and warsaw problem, i've never really cared about it because of the civs i prefer to play, but in my latest homade little map i added a ton of city states in asia and africa to try to balance siam and china a bit, but now i'm stuck on a new problem:

my prayers have been answered and i got Korea to help with a bit of diversion in asia, but i cant add it! it seems to have something to do with what mentioned earlier regarding map size and amount of players allowed, problem being 22 civs is just max for me, no deleting of city states will change it. anyone know how to work around it?

You can't. The number of civs on a single map at time maxes out at 22. No way of changing it until Firaxis releases the DLL.

I just cant seem to play custom maps. Scenarios seem easy enough and MODs but if i put this file in maps or mods nothing right happens. If I setup game in advanced setup there are less players than in the description? i have looked for a for dummies post on this but cant find one

Alright so i'm trying a new edit of the map with a more balanced asia and a removed Irouquis. What i would like to do is to make a customized city state (this would be the Aztec and the Incas) does anyone know if it is possible to edit the name of a city state? My idea is that all American civilizations either just become city states or are forced to a one city challenge and at war with everyone they meet (tough odds but it's the best way i can see a more realistic setting for colonial europe especially with america and the irouquis removed.

So all in all. How do you make one nation go on a one city challenge without making the others and if not possible edit a city states name to a different one?

also, I was thinking of just making the gameplay set to Diety for the american countries, with raging barbarians activated, this shoulld be challenge enough. But as far as i know, difficulty settings only work for human players, cann any one confirm this?

I couldn't launch RhyesConverted_DLCnew_v101005.rar

Maybe I forgot something (The last time I played CiV was some monthes ago )...
I put map file do maps folder in my documents CiV folder, and then chose it in game and selected "load scenario" but it was not menu for chosing civ, and when I loaded random the only thing I see was a cloud stripe and then I was told that I was defeated...

i wish rhye would just come and sprinkle his magic dust over civ 5 and make it awesome:( where is he?

Top Bottom