[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Well this looks pretty interesting. If they pull it off, that sort of dynamic golden/dark age system could really help with the Civ series' perennial problem of mid-to-late game going through the motions.

I'm excited, and also excited to see it coming out so soon...

Entertainment Complex looking district over water.
Hydro Power Plant in Ocean?
Purple Building District. Can't tell what it could be. Maybe Government related like a Congress House.
Looks like I see a park just south of city center in second picture. Maybe an improvement.
New palace for Russia?

This expansion looks freaking AMAZING!!! Golden and Dark Ages are a great mechanic from rise and fall of civs. One civ might rise through a golden age while other civs fall because they are in a dark age. Love governors that can boost cities. Loyalty mechanic is great. We can finally flip cities again! Better alliances and more. etc... Firaxis sure goes all out with expansions!

I am curious about what was being built in the beginning of the video. It looked like some sort of Classical Era dam or canal. I know of the Marib Dam in Yemen would fit the time period, but the forested hills in the background wouldn't make sense. Does anyone else have any guesses?

Mongolia and/or the Huns seem exceptionally likely based on the trailer....though remember winged hussars were in the vanilla trailer but poland was a DLC so don't get too worked up.

Otherwise I'm not seeing tons of hints at new civs and leaders in the trailer. Egypt, Rome, China, Nazi Germany, France, and the US were all directly referenced. perhaps the 9th leader is for one of those civs.

New features sound cool! More challenge and more unique playthroughs!

A Question:
Does "nine new leaders and eight new civs" include the leaders of the new civs?
Or is it eight new civs and nine new leaders for old civs?

I thought the trailer was pretty silly but from the details so far, this sounds AMAZING! Exactly what I was hoping for, almost as though they've been reading my mind. It will be hard to balance but I have faith!

They say it's not rubber banding, but it kind of is, but I'm totally OK with that. 4X games need some rubber banding.

No mention of a Hall of Fame though . . . . . . . . .

Gah!!

And this:

'We also ask ourselves some core questions as we select potential leaders:

• “Is this region of the world represented?”
  • “Is this time in history represented?”
  • “Is this represented/revered in previous Civilization games or totally new?”'
I don't care! Much. Give me the very best that we know of dammit.

It seems like those 9 leaders are part of the new civs, that's a little bit of a shame for me but I'm still excited. Though it still ponders me why they would say the amount of both civs and leaders when new civs always come with one leader, kind of redundant.

Because saying 8 civs and 1 new leader would make less sense

Top Bottom