[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

On the russia-shot, there is something that looks like a rice-farm in the upper left corner... is my mind playing tricks on me, or is there actually rice as a bonus resource already? :confused:

Yeah, it's just me. :lol: For some reason I always think there is only wheat in civ6... I blame civ5.

The green thing on the asian-themed is also probably jade... but I still believe the forest-mine resource is something else!

Last edited:
The Features Thread is now live, if I have missed anything please let me know there

So, the wonders noted so far:

General Archive of the Indies
Kremlin
Statue of Liberty
Temple of Artemis
Kotoku-in
More some?

Also Washington Square Park, though I'm not sure if that's really fair to classify in general as a world wonder. Its certainly a cool place, but maybe its a unique improvement or national wonder of some kind

It looks... a bit underwhelming for a wonder, could be one of the new improvements?

I wonder if they'll have some sort of "national wonder" type system for these. Because with that and the arctic research station, they really don't fit the general notion of "World Wonder", but obviously they're a full tile. Or maybe we'll just have a ton of new wonders to play with.

yeah I agree. If you look at that screenshot, Liberty Island is there, and IF the water entertainment area is coney island, that is definitely a 'new york' screenshot just as the snow one is a 'russia' screenshot. Could one of the leaders be an alternate american leader with an 'urban park' unique improvement? Or could they have just simply added/adjusted teddy/america as we know it? its just the similarity of the asset is unmistakable to me

So, the wonders noted so far:

General Archive of the Indies
Kremlin
Statue of Liberty
Temple of Artemis
Kotoku-in
More some?
I‘m still wondering about the one that looks Persian or Central Asian but needs water access as it seems. Puzzles me. And looks so like a fortress, but why the blue dome in that case?

not sure where they're sourcing from, but pcgamers says there are 8 new world wonders: https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilizati...fall-golden-ages-emergencies-loyalty-timeline

Liberty Island, Kremlin/Basil's, Parthenaon, Archivo, Buddha Statue, . I'd be...surprised if Washington Square Park and Arctic Research Station would take up two of those eight slots. i'm inclined to think this is a national wonder-like system at work here

I wonder if they'll have some sort of "national wonder" type system for these. Because with that and the arctic research station, they really don't fit the general notion of "World Wonder", but obviously they're a full tile. Or maybe we'll just have a ton of new wonders to play with.

I'm doubtful that national wonders will make a reappearance. The new governor system seems like it will fill the city specialization niche that national wonders attempted, with mixed success, to fill in past editions.

OK this is an (not official just me) announcement but I NEED YOU

You are my eyes, my ears, my well this analogy got weird quick.

I need you to pick through every screenshot, every video, every first look and find that snippet of new info

No secret will remain hidden, For we are the finders of all things Rise and Fall (in like release info only don't get weird guys, we;ve already been there once already this post)

Once you have found it post it in the Features Thread and you too can make my features thread great again (sorry we do not have tradmarked hats and that's probably for the best)

I‘m still wondering about the one that looks Persian or Central Asian but needs water access as it seems. Puzzles me. And looks so like a fortress, but why the blue dome in that case?

This seems like some kind of improvement to some new civilization, or maybe some bonus from some new city-state, but I do not think it's a wonder.

I've been sorting through images of piers. That thing most closely resembles Santa Monica pier, but there's still discrepancies.

Last edited:
If that arch is indeed Delicate Arch in Utah and we know that wonders and natural wonders are tied to the civilizations added to the game, which Native American civilization would most closely be associated with Delicate Arch?

I've been sorting through images of piers. That thing most closely resembles Santa Monica pie, but there's still discrepancies.

I feel it is less a wonder but more of a district

I believe the tile with the Ferris wheel on the water is likely an Entertainment Complex. Look at the colourings, they match with the Entertainment Complex in the game at the moment. If you ask me, this is either a new unique District for a specific civ or leader, or this is a new feature which allows some Districts to be placed in the water.

I personally hope it’s the latter. We already know there will be a bunch of new buildings coming with this expansion, and I imagine some of these will only be available for Districts built on the water. So for example, maybe instead of building a Stadium, you can build a Ferris wheel, which provides different bonuses.

Furthermore, I think that fish farm might be a new improvement (I want it to be anyway). Late game unlock that can be built on empty ocean tiles?

There is also another purple thingy in the background of the Russia screenshots. Looks more like a neighborhood with purple roofs. Is it possibly the same as the purple district I dubbed Forum in upgraded form? Would imply a new mechanism to upgrade districts.

Top Bottom