[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

I think that is what the 20/26 below the button is for. You are 20 turns in and the age lasts 26. So you have 6 turns left before the end of that age. I would say the roman numerals are the age you are currently in but the screenshot was made in an editor which is why it does not match.

Yes, I stand corrected. Thanks.

Question: if the Roman numerals on the turn button equal which era you are in, how come this one points to era VI (6) when the civ is technologically in the Classical era?

View attachment 482750

The pointer was already there ever since. Only the Roman Numerals are added. I guess that is the player's era, but seems like it was reversed (VI is classical, I is Information)

1. UI isn't finalized.
2. The number could represent Points needed for a Golden Age.

I agree that the number probably indicates how many conditions have been met to move onto the next age.

Remember, the global eras progress based on any civ meeting all of the conditions necessary to complete the era's requirements (i.e. get Iron Working, build a mine on iron, and build x number of swordsman, for instance). Eras are not based on turns or an individual civ's tech/civic progression.

I think that is what the 20/26 below the button is for. You are 20 turns in and the age lasts 26. So you have 6 turns left before the end of that age. I would say the roman numerals are the age you are currently in but the screenshot was made in an editor which is why it does not match.

It wasn't made in an editor. It was a screengrab from the recent FL and I just added the arrow for emphasis

I agree that the number probably indicates how many conditions have been met to move onto the next age.

Remember, the global eras progress based on any civ meeting all of the conditions necessary to complete the era's requirements (i.e. get Iron Working, build a mine on iron, and build x number of swordsman, for instance). Eras are not based on turns or an individual civ's tech/civic progression.

Where did you hear this? (the specific number of goals)

Where did you hear this? (the specific number of goals)

Both the 2K R&F launch press release and several preview and designer interview articles have indicated that global eras advance when certain triggers are met by one of the civs.

From PCGamer article:
"In previous Civ games, which Era you were in (Classical, Medieval, Modern, etc.) was defined by how far you progressed down the tech tree. While that will still exist on a per-civ basis, the game itself will now progress through global Eras, triggered by any civ fulfilling their start conditions. At the dawn of each new Era, every civ is evaluated on how well they did in the previous one and can qualify for a Golden Age, a Dark Age, or neither."

20/26 could be also the number of "era" points you have vs your dark/normal or normal/gold treshold (the one who applies next), couldn't it?

I feel odd a count of objectives being managed by roman numerals - normally you will only use these for ordered lists, so i'm more in favour of a ui/glitch or editor shenanigans. It is of course not logical to be in era VI by turn 33.

20/26 could be also the number of "era" points you have vs your dark/normal or normal/gold treshold (the one who applies next), couldn't it?

Yes that is possible too. The little "dark/light circle" icon next to the numbers would seem to support your idea. Hopefully, we will find out today in the dev livestream.

I'm fairly certain it was Russia and the palace was intended to look like Peterhof, based on the color.

I've found that it bears a striking similarity to the Vasilyev brothers' palace in Vyritsa (notice the portico), but using a colour scheme and minimalist style that would conveniently be well at home in Quebec (or St. Petersburg, as you've said). Personally, I would hope that the Russian palace would look more distinctively like Peterhof in more than just colour rather than some private estate in the middle of nowhere... but the resemblance is indisputable. Ah well. This bumps Canada's likeliness in R&F down a little bit, I think, but the fact that they still haven't revealed the Château Frontenac in any in-game footage really makes me wonder if they're saving it... for something... especially considering that it's looking to be the only wonder that would pair with an actual civ in R&F. Only a few more hours to go before I really double down on this mystery.

Okay wow I've spent way too much time trying to figure this stupid thing out, but I think I'm well satisfied with this result. Now to obsess over something else :shifty:

Attachments

• mini_43a15ab7e5ff809d18104642d8ddaa19.jpg
    mini_43a15ab7e5ff809d18104642d8ddaa19.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 182
Both the 2K R&F launch press release and several preview and designer interview articles have indicated that global eras advance when certain triggers are met by one of the civs.

From PCGamer article:
"In previous Civ games, which Era you were in (Classical, Medieval, Modern, etc.) was defined by how far you progressed down the tech tree. While that will still exist on a per-civ basis, the game itself will now progress through global Eras, triggered by any civ fulfilling their start conditions. At the dawn of each new Era, every civ is evaluated on how well they did in the previous one and can qualify for a Golden Age, a Dark Age, or neither."

Oh wow, I seem to have missed that somehow xD. Thanks, that sounds exciting.

Is anyone hoping for Unique Palace styles for Spain, England, Germany, Norway, France, instead of using that generic pan-European one?

The screen capture shows the dutch palace, but the outlying houses look ancient. Are the unique palaces appearing earlier now?

The screen capture shows the dutch palace, but the outlying houses look ancient. Are the unique palaces appearing earlier now?

Which screen capture are you talking about?

What's that new yellow notification?
It looks like the one's telling you about treaties. But with it being golden, maybe it tells you when somebody enters a golden age.

Top Bottom