1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cerilis, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Yes, I stand corrected. Thanks.

2. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

The pointer was already there ever since. Only the Roman Numerals are added. I guess that is the player's era, but seems like it was reversed (VI is classical, I is Information)

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

1. UI isn't finalized.
    2. The number could represent Points needed for a Golden Age.

Phoenix1595, Ondolindë and Siptah like this.
  4. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I agree that the number probably indicates how many conditions have been met to move onto the next age.

Remember, the global eras progress based on any civ meeting all of the conditions necessary to complete the era's requirements (i.e. get Iron Working, build a mine on iron, and build x number of swordsman, for instance). Eras are not based on turns or an individual civ's tech/civic progression.

5. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

It wasn't made in an editor. It was a screengrab from the recent FL and I just added the arrow for emphasis

6. TheMarshmallowBear

Where did you hear this? (the specific number of goals)

7. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Pretty sure he meant the world editor that Firaxis would use to set up their promos. That the UI in that could be wonky and offset.

CivLuvah and SupremacyKing2 like this.
  8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yes. that is what I meant.

9. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

There's still the YouTube annotation in the screengrab (it can be removed with annotations off in the video settings).

10. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Both the 2K R&F launch press release and several preview and designer interview articles have indicated that global eras advance when certain triggers are met by one of the civs.

From PCGamer article:
    "In previous Civ games, which Era you were in (Classical, Medieval, Modern, etc.) was defined by how far you progressed down the tech tree. While that will still exist on a per-civ basis, the game itself will now progress through global Eras, triggered by any civ fulfilling their start conditions. At the dawn of each new Era, every civ is evaluated on how well they did in the previous one and can qualify for a Golden Age, a Dark Age, or neither."

TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  11. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

20/26 could be also the number of "era" points you have vs your dark/normal or normal/gold treshold (the one who applies next), couldn't it?

I feel odd a count of objectives being managed by roman numerals - normally you will only use these for ordered lists, so i'm more in favour of a ui/glitch or editor shenanigans. It is of course not logical to be in era VI by turn 33.

12. 54teltakt

54teltakt Chieftain

don't know if it was mentioned before but in the trailer at 0:33 you can see a big lake due to a dam in the background. together with the tropical hills around i would conclude this is Tikal which was once a mayan capital

some background: http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.aspx?id=16067

bbbt, Zaarin and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yes that is possible too. The little "dark/light circle" icon next to the numbers would seem to support your idea. Hopefully, we will find out today in the dev livestream.

14. Kheznik

Kheznik Warlord

I've found that it bears a striking similarity to the Vasilyev brothers' palace in Vyritsa (notice the portico), but using a colour scheme and minimalist style that would conveniently be well at home in Quebec (or St. Petersburg, as you've said). Personally, I would hope that the Russian palace would look more distinctively like Peterhof in more than just colour rather than some private estate in the middle of nowhere... but the resemblance is indisputable. Ah well. This bumps Canada's likeliness in R&F down a little bit, I think, but the fact that they still haven't revealed the Château Frontenac in any in-game footage really makes me wonder if they're saving it... for something... especially considering that it's looking to be the only wonder that would pair with an actual civ in R&F. Only a few more hours to go before I really double down on this mystery.

Okay wow I've spent way too much time trying to figure this stupid thing out, but I think I'm well satisfied with this result. Now to obsess over something else :shifty:

Attached Files:

15. TheMarshmallowBear

Oh wow, I seem to have missed that somehow xD. Thanks, that sounds exciting.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

The screen capture shows the dutch palace, but the outlying houses look ancient. Are the unique palaces appearing earlier now?

17. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Which screen capture are you talking about?

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

What's that new yellow notification?

19. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

A policy reminder perhaps?

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

It looks like the one's telling you about treaties. But with it being golden, maybe it tells you when somebody enters a golden age.