[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

I dont think the shot from the guide is from that particular game. :p

I also thought player civ could be one of those ottoman sultans with moustache and all.

What are you referring to? This si the guide screenshot, independent from what is happening in-game.

China is in, and you can even see Qin's portrait in the top right corner along with all the other leaders in game.

The guide is showing a different screenshot.

If you look picture of Genghis Khan at wikipedia or other images, his face is also depicted rotund. But it could be Kublai Khan too or even some other Khan.

Eh if they added Ghengis as a GG, then perhaps it IS Kublai :)

Also good to note that Boudicca is still a Great General, meaning that if there is a Celts civ, she wont be leading it.

Also good to note that Boudicca is still a Great General, meaning that if there is a Celts civ, she wont be leading it.
I let out a small cry of joy when I saw someone had earned the great general Boudicca. :D

What's that new yellow notification?

The gold colored notification was Dedication Bonus Triggered. His dedication at the time was that he would get Era Score each time he had a Eureka.

This is a list of things that triggered Historical Moments. They scrolled through the initial set at 19:41 in the Twitch stream and then others were triggered as they played. A moment can provide +1 to +5 Era Score. There are over 100 historical moments in the game. More important ones receive a larger picture in the Historical Timeline (last button on the left menu).
  • Found religion [more if first civ to do so]
  • Build first unique unit
  • Recruit a great person
  • Build a wonder
  • Flip a city's allegiance
  • Flip a city-state's allegiance
  • Make a unit that uses a certain strategic resource for the first time
  • Create first trading post in a foreign country [each]
  • Research a first tech in a new era [more if first civ to do so]
  • Research the first civic in a new era [more if first civ to do so]
  • City reaches a certain population level (appear to be the +6 or +10 that triggers the Eureka)
  • Clear a barbarian camp
  • Adopt a government [more if first civ to do so]
  • Create first settlement on a continent [each]
  • Meet a civ [each]
  • Settle close to another civ
  • First to discover a natural wonder
  • Acquire a pantheon
  • Build first unique infrastructure
  • Acquire population from a goody hut
  • First to meet all other civs
The changing of a game era is now for all civs (some sort of average) instead of being specific to your civ. Game tallies the Era Score of each civ at that point and determines if they are going to be in a Golden Age, Normal Age or Dark Age. Civ gets to pick on of 4 Dedications at that point which will apply for the entire age. The type of age also impacts Loyalty with a Golden Age ("Each of your Citizens provides 1.5 Loyalty per turn [instead of 1.0] in their city. This also affects other cities within 9 tiles, but is 10% less effective per tile. It will be eaier to maintain Loyalty in your cities, and challenge the Loyalty of nearby foreign cities."). A Normal Age would be 1.0 Loyalty and it is assumed a Dark Age would be 0.5 Loyalty even though it wasn't mentioned.

Alliances: Economic, Research, Cultural, Religious and Military. Each has 3 possible levels achieved by times spent in that alliance. It appears they have their own tab now on the diplomacy screen (flag icon).

Government Plaza: "A district placed once in your empire to commemorate your government choices. Provides an increase of +1 to the adjacency bonuses being earned by any adjacent district. Awards +1 Governor Title. Requires population of 13 or greater. 1 gold maintenance."

At game speed shown, takes 5 turns for a governor to become fully active after moving to a city. Their loyalty effect happens immediately but other special perks don't take effect until that move is over.

New policy cards:
  • Military: Limitanei - +2 Loyalty per turn for cities with a garrisoned unit.
  • Economic: Civil Prestige - Established Governors with at least 3 Promotions provide +1 Amenity and +1 Housing
  • Diplomatic: Praetorium - Governors provide +2 Loyalty per turn to their city
  • Wildcard: Republican Legacy - All cities with a district receive +1 Housing and +1 Amenity
  • Wildcard: Monarchic Legacy - +1 Housing per level of walls
Report link in top menu has change from text to an icon. No changes to the reports stood out in this version (still didn't look like could sort them for instance).

Pike and Shot at Metal Casting. Taj Mahal at Humanism.

Great Merchant Irene of Athens now: Grant 1 Governor Title or recruit a new Governor.

Liang being in a city allows new infrastructure to be added like the City Park ( +1 Culture, +2 Appeal, +1 Amenity if next to lake or ocean). The improvement will persist if she moves to a new city where they can now start being built in that new city but not the previous one.

Free cities have defensive units. They should disappear if the city is no longer free. If a free city rebels to join your civ, you can Keep City or Refuse City.

New notification to inform you that a free city has appeared or disappeared on the map in an area you have explored.

Spies can sabotage Loyalty.

Change to harbors and commercial districts. Trade route will now be created on building of market or lighthouse instead of the base district.

Reef new terrain in water that can co-exist with certain resources.Yields: +1 production, +1 gold, +2 food. Prevents tile from being built upon (e.g. harbor or wonder) and can't be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some are words. Moksha is release or liberation in Hinduism and Buddhism. Amani is the Swahili word for peace. I suspect neither are based on real people. I think Victor comes from Victory and isn't based on a person. Liang apparently means bridge, but I'm not satisfied with that answer.
"Liang" can also mean "measure", which is what a surveyor does.

Did anyone catch where the Temple of Artemis is on the Civic/Tech trees?

Did anyone catch where the Temple of Artemis is on the Civic/Tech trees?
I believe it is in the Tech tree. Don't see it in the Civic tree in this build.

This is the civics tree from 23:23 in the YouTube video:
civic_ancient.PNG civic_classical.PNG civic_medieval.PNG civic_renaissance.PNG civic_industrial.PNG civic_modern.PNG civic_atomic.PNG civic_information.PNG

The following are the changes I see in this build compared to the current game:
  • Ancient
    • State Workforce - Government Plaza, 1 GT
    • Early Empire - +1 Casus Belli, +1 Military Policy, 1 GT
  • Classical
    • Defensive Tactics - +2 Casus Belli, 1 GT
    • Recorded History - +1 Diplomatic Policy, 1 GT
  • Medieval
    • Mercenaries - -1 Military Policy
    • Medieval Faires - 1 GT
    • Guilds - 1 GT
    • Divine Right - Kotoku-in wonder
  • Renaissance
    • Humanism - Taj Mahal wonder
    • Diplomatic Service - -2 Casus Belli
    • Reformed Church - St. Basil's Cathedral wonder
  • Industrial
    • Civil Engineering - Statue of Liberty wonder, 1 GT
    • Nationalism - 1 GT
    • Natural History - Ferris wheel building, __ building, "water park/amusement district", +2 envoys
  • Modern
    • Conservation - +3 Envoys
    • Mass Media - 1 GT
    • Mobilization - -1 Defensive Pact, 1 GT
    • Capitalism - __ building
    • Ideology - +1 Casus Belli
  • Atomic
    • Cultural Heritage - +3 Envoys
    • Cold War - +1 Military Policy, __ wonder
    • Professional Sports - __ building
    • Rapid Deployment - +1 Military Policy
  • Information
    • Globalization - 1 GT
    • Social Media - +1 Diplomacy Policy, 1 GT
    • Future Civic - 1 GT
GT = Governor Title - 13 points with Future Civic able to be done multiple times

Last edited:

I didn't notice earlier but doesn't leader #1 have a goatee?

ögodei khan has similar facial hair and if you really squint you can even make out the hat.

leader #5's head shows very prominent cheekbones but no ears!! which could indicate the dark spaces needs to the face is (black) hair...

My first instinct was Theodora, but then I remembered a leader who almost made the cut in Civ5...

Yeah what was the story behind that again?

Top Bottom