Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Open the launcher, and read the list of modules. It's on the right side.

• BannorChainOfCommand
  • Mekkara
And that's it. Is it of any help?

Yes, now people can open the save file and see if there are any problems and how to fix them.

A very strange video bug:

At first, it appeared it was caused by a Cultist. Everytime I would mouseover him, I'd get the below error. Thinking it was some weird unit/mousehover bug, I killed him with another unit (using numpad arrows to direct the attack) then checked the area again. I still got the problem whenever my mouse hovered near the squares he was standing on. (The error window would stack to max capacity and, if the screen was centered near it, it would be impossible to close all the windows and continue the game.)

Eventually, I though it might have to do with a windmill on a plot. But, later, the problem wouldn't manifest itself. A couple of turns after thinking the problem was resolved, it happened again, always around a few square area on that map whenever my mouse moving across them triggered it. Is it some sort of mouse-hover problem that's exceedingly rare?

I don't know that I have a save that features the bug. However, it was repeatable. It was also repeatable when I rebooted and reloaded.

So, database corruption? Real bug? Or, should I simply take the doc's advice:

Patient - "Hey doc! When I do this, it hurts!"
Doctor - "Then don't do that anymore."

PS - Sorry about the terrain being blocked with the save window. The window hierarchy wouldn't let me issue a command to close it. I'll try to repeat it and get a good shot of the terrain, if necessary. But, at least the error is shown.

Got an py exception when experimenting :)lol:) with the WB on a city. Not sure if it would interest you, but is a bug anyway...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 669, in leftMouseDown

File "CvWorldBuilderScreen", line 282, in leftMouseDown

File "CvWorldBuilderScreen", line 849, in placeObject

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function leftMouseDown failed, module CvScreensInterface

EDIT: OK; a more serious note. I was experimenting on the WB because I was trying to solve a CTD from a glitched city.
Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG

The barb city Nubia (Which was captured early game by a Earth elemental BTW) apparently have an non-visible (Not even from WB) treasure chest.
When I try to capture that city, the game Crashes.

When revising the MPLog I've found this:
Code:
Player 50 Unit 6504462 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_ORC's Treasure Chest) moving from 39:19 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 0 Unit 909363 (Cassiel's Axeman) moving from 62:49 to 63:48

But the city doesn't have any treasure chest, not even in WB!. I assume that city is somehow glitched.
If I try to capture via territorial control (WB feature, convert that tile to your culture border) that city is inmediately destroyed, no matter what.
I've still have no idea how the AI (Or anybody, since this CTD was caused by Basium trying to capture that city) could keep that city without destroying it...
Any ideas about this bug? Fixed already?
(I want an answer so I don't freak out, ok?)

EDIT: Somehow this py exception appears sometimes, its related to glitch city...
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 669, in leftMouseDown

File "CvWorldBuilderScreen", line 282, in leftMouseDown

File "CvWorldBuilderScreen", line 859, in placeObject

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function leftMouseDown failed, module CvScreensInterface

Me nether. I have already decided not to buy civ5.

WHAT?!!?!!?!!!!!:eek:
It manages to have the eye interface appeal from revolution, the complexity(and more) of bts, and it has alot of features straight from RiFE(ranged attacks, ok thats it but still..... :( )

what kind of sociopathic nerfherder doesn't like civ v, seriously?:p

Considering some of the words you used I won't even grace you with an answer.

I'm probably not buying it until the Special Edition that comes with all expansion packs comes out, because I can't afford it and need to wait for a good deal. Besides, by the time that comes out there will probably be a ton of mods.

A very strange video bug:

This looks like a bug with the Illian terraforming. I believe it has been fixed for 1.31, but in the meantime take the doc's advice and be careful when mousing over frosty territory. :)

When revising the MPLog I've found this:
Code:
Player 50 Unit 6504462 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_ORC's Treasure Chest) moving from 39:19 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 0 Unit 909363 (Cassiel's Axeman) moving from 62:49 to 63:48

But the city doesn't have any treasure chest, not even in WB!. I assume that city is somehow glitched.

Very strange. It doesn't appear that the Treasure Chest is in the city, did you check the coordinates 39:19? If I didn't know better, I'd say that's the proper behavior when a civ is destroyed. Destroying the barbarian civ? What modules are you running?

Very strange. It doesn't appear that the Treasure Chest is in the city, did you check the coordinates 39:19? If I didn't know better, I'd say that's the proper behavior when a civ is destroyed. Destroying the barbarian civ? What modules are you running?

Possibly related to how equipment is lost when it's dropped in a city?

Darn, no... It's worse than that. Perhaps that tricky chest was the cause, but a CTD happens with any event related to city capture or city founding...
I don't know what happened, honestly. I'll be glad to upload a save file for someone to look at it. But noone cares so...

I'm probably not buying it until the Special Edition that comes with all expansion packs comes out, because I can't afford it and need to wait for a good deal. Besides, by the time that comes out there will probably be a ton of mods.

they already have a special edition....but how do you know it will be ALL expansion packs:confused:

I had thought da same thing with civ IV until Sid pulled a fast one with colonies:mad:
when you do buy the game though, learn from my mistake and don't play with Hiawatha(iroquois leader) he stole 5 wonders from me, and don't get steam their version is buggy.:sad:

Well every other Civ game has had two expansion packs (I don't count Colonization as an expansion pack, I consider it a separate game), so I assume Civ5 will too and I'll get it after that.

It is possible I'm just being silly, but:

Did the addition of Terrain_Glacial eliminate the spawning conditions of blizzards within Illian cultural bounds? If so, would assigning Terrain_Glacial to iSnow within Blizzards.py re-enable blizzards as intended?

Thanks for any info!

Playing on a map where the Frozen were spawned. They completed Wintering. It states in the civilopedia that this causes all living units to get the frozen soul promotion. However, all my golems now have. Is this as intended?

Thanks for a great mod! :goodjob:

Playing on a map where the Frozen were spawned. They completed Wintering. It states in the civilopedia that this causes all living units to get the frozen soul promotion. However, all my golems now have. Is this as intended?

Thanks for a great mod! :goodjob:

Not intended; They can't gain it normally, but were able to from the spell. We've already added a check for living units in the worldspell, so it will be fixed in 1.31.

this may just be my rubbish computer but
whenever I load a game it goes to initialise then stops responding no python errors or anything
btw I'm using a map script that I'm testing but i don't think that's got anything to do with it

The Necromanican (or what ever the name of that book you can build after AV) can't be dropped.
It can be traded from unit to unit but can't be dropped or returned to a city.

Top Bottom