Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Hey guys!
I've been using ROM for ages now and I love it..
Only recently have I noticed AND2 exists: I really thought ROM and AND were the same thing..

So, from what I've gathered this far, AND2 is derived from ROM, right? What are the differences between the two? Does AND2 have all the features of ROM 2.92 or did they fork before that version?

Thanks for the help!
Cheers

Rise of Mankind was authored by Zappara. Around version 2.4 a young modder by the username Afforess made a Modmod for RoM called A New Dawn (AND). By RoM version 2.92 AND was at version 1.75. It became a Standalone Mod. 1.75 incorporated a stripped down RoM 2.91. No work has been done on RoM since 2.92, as Zappara abandoned the Mod. Afforess had basically taken over anyway.

Afforess posted that 1.75c was the Last Official AND mod from him. He left for awhile but then came back and started the 1.76beta series. He again left. A short time later a modder username jtanner28 sought out Afforess and was granted Admin privileges to the 1.76 SVN source code. jtanner28 started working on AND2.0 beta. He added some things from the C2C dll and then dissappeared himself. Afforess was summoned back one more time and started to Merge the C2C DLL with AND's DLL. (C2C being a descendant of RoM/AND itself). But school was getting intense for him and he left again.

Finally 45*38'N contacted Afforess and got permission to get Admin rights to the AND2.0 beta on Sourceforge. Afforess did so and now AND2.0 is under 45*38'N's direction and I am a team member. AND2.0 is on the SVN and is at version 614. The 1st post in the AND subforum of RoM gives directions on how to get access to the SVN to get the latest versions.

All clear as mud now right! ;)

AND2.0 is a direct descendant of RoM/AND, and is currently alive and being modded.

JosEPh :)

Ahhh, CivFanatics history lessions at it's finest. How I love thee :).. Nice job, and please keep up the great work.

Rise of Mankind was authored by Zappara. Around version 2.4 a young modder by the username Afforess made a Modmod for RoM called A New Dawn (AND). By RoM version 2.92 AND was at version 1.75. It became a Standalone Mod. 1.75 incorporated a stripped down RoM 2.91. No work has been done on RoM since 2.92, as Zappara abandoned the Mod. Afforess had basically taken over anyway.

Afforess posted that 1.75c was the Last Official AND mod from him. He left for awhile but then came back and started the 1.76beta series. He again left. A short time later a modder username jtanner28 sought out Afforess and was granted Admin privileges to the 1.76 SVN source code. jtanner28 started working on AND2.0 beta. He added some things from the C2C dll and then dissappeared himself. Afforess was summoned back one more time and started to Merge the C2C DLL with AND's DLL. (C2C being a descendant of RoM/AND itself). But school was getting intense for him and he left again.

Finally 45*38'N contacted Afforess and got permission to get Admin rights to the AND2.0 beta on Sourceforge. Afforess did so and now AND2.0 is under 45*38'N's direction and I am a team member. AND2.0 is on the SVN and is at version 614. The 1st post in the AND subforum of RoM gives directions on how to get access to the SVN to get the latest versions.

All clear as mud now right! ;)

AND2.0 is a direct descendant of RoM/AND, and is currently alive and being modded.

Now that's a good post :) Thanks for taking the time, JosEPh!

I've DL AND2 and I gotta tell you it does feel like a much more fluid gaming experience than the old ROM I had tried before. Aaaaand I completely addicted again ehehe Awesome work here, 45*38'N' and team!!

Well we've stirred up enough attention lately that even Afforess has dropped in twice to the RoM/AND Sub forum for RoM. ;) Now if only Zappara would stop by! That would be so cool. :D

JosEPh

It would be neat to get everyone together for a moment to discuss the possibilities for the future of Civ and modding.

It would be even nicer if they could team up as an advisor dream team, to help everyone overcome tough challenges, and point us in the best direction possible, as they had a little time to say hi.

It could even be more amazing if we could all find a way to cooperate, and work together a little bit to create a combined community vision.
Imagine if we could have a united civfanatics community focused on improving the course of Civ IV modding? How much further could we all go?
What great ideas could really be implemented then?
All we have to do is try to make something even better....together!

We may not all agree on how it should be done, but we probably agree on most things.
Better decisions can lead to even better ones.
Why not try a little?
I would love to see that happen, and get to play the result.
Would you?

As you can see, this is my first post. I've been playing CIV4 since it had been released, single, multi player, etc. I've been downloading things from here for a while, but I never had reason to sign up. I just had to sign up to tell smth to the creators of this mod: It is really epic! I was always hooked up on Realism Invictus, it is great mod, really, and when I wanted to change the mod that I'm playing, I picked this, and I'm so happy that I've chosen this one! I'm playing it for 20 days, and there are reasons why this mod is great:
First of all, it is less buggy than other large mods, 2nd 'Advanced Diplomacy' :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: That is the most coolest thing that I've ever seen!
And the last, 3rd thing: You've combined a lot of different mods, and created a perfect mode, and I think that this mod is the best mod ever! This mod is 'how CIV5 was supposed to look like'.

Regards, :goodjob:
acaczv

P.S. Sorry for my English, it is my third language. :sad:

Pretty much the same feeling here. Although there is a couple of issues for me ( guilds, Revs), I consider them minor in the overall enjoyment of the mod. That's why I've been lurking in the AND resurrection teams thread, as a updated version of this great mod would be awesome.

Hello everybody. This is my first post, though I've looked into this forum for a long time. I downloaded and installed Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn after seeing a few let's plays and reading the threads here and seeing that enormous tech tree, and the installation seemed to work alright. However, upon opening BTS, going to Advanced->Load Mod and selecting Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, the game closes--as it should--but then the mod doesn't start. The computer just blankly sits at the desktop as if I'd just clicked "Exit to Desktop." No error message--just a closed program, and Task Manager revealing nothing. I'm running 2.92 on a Windows 8 machine.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is or how I can correct it?

Thank you all for any assistance you can provide.

Check that when it was installed it did not get a duplicate folder name. It should be .../Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets. Sometimes it gets installed as ...Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets.

In other words check that the folder .../Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn does not contain a folder called Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

also, check the "run as admin" box under properties seems to help as well.

Rise of Mankind's last version was 2.92. It is no longer supported.

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn (or AND for short) is currently active.

@NYSB,
Which one are you trying to run?

JosEPh

I am trying to run the one I downloaded from here. The second link--"DOWNLOAD HERE." The 'read me' included called it ROM 2.92.

I did make sure there was no duplicate folder, and I tried running as Admin earlier. No change. I'm not having problems launching any other MODs.

Well that should be one of the ways to get AND for sure. 45*38'N and Mantiur set that link up.

Be advised the 1st time to load may take a few minutes. After that it should load fairly fast. So even though it looks like nothing is happening give it some more time.

VERSION COMPATIBILITY question:

I have a saved game using the RAND mod, but when trying to load it I get a "runtime error". I suspect that the current version of RAND that I have installed is not the same version of RAND I was using when I was playing this saved game. So...how do I:

1) find out what version of RAND this saved game is using/needs?

2) find out what version of RAND I currently have installed?

Thanks...

2) Hold your cursor over your Empires Flag in the main screen.

1) I expect you would need to have the different versions handy and install one at a time in the BtS\Mods folder and then see if that version loads the save.

JosEPh

hello and thanks a lot for your good job. Here is my problem:

my main opponent is building an A bomber, but manhattan project hasn't been built yet.

A bug?

edit: cannot attach savegame as file is too big :(

Hi, basic question:
I originally edited my Civ IV worldinfos file to reduce tech rates in all ages. (I think it was that file, anyway, not really important). Does A New Dawn refer to this at all? I wouldn't expect so, but...

The reason I ask is that I'm playing a huge-map Marathon game, and suddenly there are only 90-something turns left (of the 1200 total turns), and we're only just into the industrial era. I just discovered combustion, and am a technology leader. I was wondering whether the original tech' rate scaling I applied to BtS might have been carried over to A New Dawn - and somehow become too extreme. As I said, I doubt it, but... it's strange that we're going so slowly. I do have "No Technology Brokering" turned on, but this didn't stop getting to modern era in BtS.

Certainly a fantastic mod', and I haven't even explored most of it yet.

Cheers!

Where can I do this so that I don't have to do it for each unit that is created? Seems to be default setting for every unit I create.

options tab under menu

Top Bottom