Rise of Mankind - Addons (by Jooyo)

I can't seem to get the 3PlotRadius modmod to work. I've read this thread and followed every suggestion offered and still have no luck. The Brown Theme works. Although I noticed that in the MLF that came with Jooyo's download, the Brown Theme module dir wasn't being told to load, yet it still worked. I have module loading turned on. I've tried it with it both on and off. So far as I can tell, the other modmod's in Jooyo's dir work. The Afforess modmods seem to work. Although, on the civics screen, I see TXT_KEY***** instead of the name of the civic.

I'm using the DLL that came with Afforess's mods. I read on the download that the code from Jooyo's was included in it and I didn't need to use his. I've not had any problems with CTDs. I'm running Vista 64. The only other error I get is when I start a game, something with Sioux Leaderhead Diplomacy doesn't want to load. It doesn't affect the game.

I'm using RoM 2.71, BTS 3.19. I think everything is correct, just the 3PlotRadius isn't working.

Any ideas?

edit: I forgot to mention that I went into worldbuilder, changed the culture level of a city to 17500 (influential) and saw no difference. The game was giant map, epic speed. What is this mod supposed to look like when it works? Should I just be able to use the plots on the outside of the normal radius the way I use the regular city plots? Every time I try to allocate labor there, it exits the city screen. Those plots are still grayed out and I only assume that the modmod isn't loading properly.

I'm using RoM 2.71, BTS 3.19. I think everything is correct, just the 3PlotRadius isn't working.

Any ideas?

You know the 3rd radius doesn't appear until influential culture level, right? Add 100000 culture to a city in the worldbuilder and see what happens.

You know the 3rd radius doesn't appear until influential culture level, right? Add 100000 culture to a city in the worldbuilder and see what happens.

Yeah, sorry I edited during the xpost. I just made a city Legendary with 175000 and nothing.

Although, on the civics screen, I see TXT_KEY***** instead of the name of the civic.

Where are you seeing text key errors? Specifically, please.

Yeah, sorry I edited during the xpost. I just made a city Legendary with 175000 and nothing.

Hmm. Okay, I can only think of 2 possibilites.

1.) You don't or didn't set up the modules folder right, or the MLF controls file doesn't have the right folder loading.

Check to make sure that the MLF controls file is set to load Jooyo's stuff, and check the one in Jooyo's folder too, to make sure it is set to read his 3Radius Cities folder. Make sure you have everything right.

2.) You are using an incorrect CvGameCoreDLL.dll, which would make it fail silently. Try using my CvGameCoreDLL.dll from 1.351 and Jooyo's folder (but remove his CvGameCoreDLL.dll)

If neither of these fixes your problems, the good news is that Jooyo's mods, including this one are going to be included in my next installer, and are already in beta7 (But that's buggy, don't download it).

I reinstalled your 1.351 and everything works perfectly now. Now that I think about it, it was the CvGameCoreDLL. I had issues getting 3.19 to work because I reinstalled BTS a few times. Instead of properly reinstalling the modules (with the DLLs), I simply copied them back into the dir. DOH!

I noticed it was fixed once I created a new game. Your mountain modmod showed up as a selectable option, it never did before. I can't believe I forgot to do that.

Thanks!

I'm still getting an error when I create a game. I think it might be from the megaciv pack.
Spoiler :

That's my only issue right now. Everything else is cool. Thanks for the work you do. These mods are great.

That's from the megaciv, yes. The easy fix is to just go into the custom civilizations folder and delete the "Sioux" folder. You will lose that civ, but it's a small price to pay...

Deletion? That's your solution for the "Sioux question"? ;)

Deletion? That's your solution for the "Sioux question"? ;)

If you are better at editing XML files, go ahead, open them up, and look for the lines that have errors, and fix them. Otherwise, who cares? Lose 1 civ but gain 49 other working ones.

Does anyone know if Jooyo is still around? Just wanted to let him know his mod is not compatible with ROM 2.8.

Does anyone know if Jooyo is still around? Just wanted to let him know his mod is not compatible with ROM 2.8.

Afforess is taking over the support of Jooyo modmods until such time as when Jooyo comes back. And Afforess already made them compatible in his beta of 1.4, to be released sometime in near future.

That's from the megaciv, yes. The easy fix is to just go into the custom civilizations folder and delete the "Sioux" folder. You will lose that civ, but it's a small price to pay...

LOL Deletion is not solution. I've already posted solution to Sioux problem some time ago:

link

is there a brown interface somewhere for 2.8?

couldn't you put it in your modmod pack as an option?

tx for the info

I believe Jooyo's Brown Interface still works. However, that is the only modmod of his that still works with 2.8, I would bet.

His custom Polish civ works too I believe, although not fully tested in all eras.

I know. It's fairly awesome :)

Top Bottom