Votes: 10 1.1%
  • 65-69

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 75-200

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters
28, doing masters political science. when not, being a civ bump.

21, reading International Relations and Politics joint hons. and searching for a job during these summer months.

I first played Civ I when I was 8 or 9, but I didn't get into it seriously until I got Civ II (On the PSX, of all things xD), and then when I finally got a new decent computer, I got Civ III and it's been pretty constant from there.

im 34 and i'm smoking grass.

seriously, bought civ1 for the mac back in college in '94 when i was an aspiring freudian, i took it home and read the manual for a drunk day while my roomate dove right in, that was the difference b/t him and i. i was the builder he was the warmonger, i was like "did you see the spaceship, kinda phallic don't you think?" he was like "spaceship?, i don't know i ve never gotten that far." those were the days.

every other game i grew tired of, but here i am still playing civ (bts these days). at some point i will get back into studies for a graduate degree in anthropology. right now i drive a taxi in seattle.

i appreciate all you math types as it helps me to get a better sense of the game, but i am hardly a micromanager. i usually pull out way ahead by feel on prince level, but i am too much of a wimp to try monarch...like "why the hell did he declare war on me?!!! damn monty, i was nothing but nice to him."

this was an interesting thread to read.

I'm 27 years old and a (very new) psychiatrist. I started playing civ I when I was 12 and I have played the games in the series since.

I earned my citizen status when I joined the military. Since then, I've been ensuring the safety of humanity by eradicating space bugs.

I'm 34 and a webdesigner/-programmer by education. However, the last couple of years I've been working as the head projectionist in one of Denmarks largest cinemas (I'm a bigtime moviebuff :) ).

In 1½ week I'll be studying to become a GE - oops, sorry - chief engineer - that will take approx. 4½ years out of my life. :mischief: :D

Yeah - a lot of tech and computer nerds in here.:lol:

I've been an average Civ player since Civ1. CivIV is imo an entirely different game than the rest of the 'family - for the better. I've been playing it since it came out and I'm still stuck at Prince/Monarch level, if I wanna have a decent shot at winning. I played CivIII at the hardest difficulty setting. :crazyeye:

I'm 21 and currently working overnights at a hotel. My wife is also 21 and is a pharmacist. She makes way more money than me, so I spend my lonely days playing Civ4 and GalCiv2.

31 - software Industry

My roomate introduced me to Civ2 in 1997 ... He ruined my life and I had to kill him ...

31 - software Industry

My roomate introduced me to Civ2 in 1997 ... He ruined my life and I had to kill him ...

Sounds very much like my experience!

He did ruined a good part of my life by introducing CIV to me, and slowed my career advancement for the same reason. But he went on to become a very successful bond portfolio manager. So I stopped blaming Sid or Civ for my own failures...

I am also on the right track toward a good career now, and my roommate and I are still good friends.

36. Escrow Officer in Southern California. The housing market sucks, so I spend my days lurking around the forum and nights playing BTS until the wee hours.

My Wife is very understanding, God bless her.

43 - 'Retired' software developer/manager/exec.

Born/raised in the UK, living in the US for 12 years now.
Degree in Mathematics.
Played Civ since the original was released on the Amiga

I am now a 'house husband' and responsible for home-schooling our son (7) and daughter (6).

It's amazing how many opportunities for learning one can find when playing Civ. Both kids love to play Civ as does my wife so we play a lot of 4 player LAN games! (Mostly cooperative builder-type games, but our son is showing some disturbing tendencies towards in-game megalomania recently.)

33 year old System Engineer/Administrator.
Started playin Civ 1994 and loved it soo much. Didn't like Civ II & III much, but lovin IV :)

Top Bottom