ROTQM12: Re-enactment Of The Queen Mother

Don't you people have jobs? Seems to me that all you do is play video games and talk about it all day. Lucky slobs.

I s'pose I'll need to stick around and make sure someone's properly ridiculing pholkhero, though. All I'm good for these days, really. Now where's that weed icon? :smoke:

OK looks like save 3 is the one.

I played two run throughs (one abandoned) and have a couple of thoughts.

As we have stone, Great Wall is a good option. I abandoned my first run through as the barbs were hard work and I wanted to try a run with Great Wall. It took 8 turns to build (speeded by chopping) which was OK. The Great Spy is good as well, we can use the EPs for stealing.

Also, as it is Noble, the AIs start without an archer and will use the starting scout or warrior for scouting and leave the capital undefended, allowing us to come in and destroy them in the first 10 turns (in both saves) and resettle later.

In general, we can get a pretty hefty tech advantage over the AI (leveraging our financial trait) and once I got to Knights, Trebuchets and then Curaissers the game was just a mop up exercise.

I would go Hunting -> Archery first and then Bronze Working and Masonry.

Are you leading us off? Roster?? help . . .

Don't you people have jobs? Seems to me that all you do is play video games and talk about it all day. Lucky slobs.

I s'pose I'll need to stick around and make sure someone's properly ridiculing pholkhero, though. All I'm good for these days, really. Now where's that weed icon? :smoke:
:clap:

Do you know that peanuts is a legume crop grown mainly for its edible seeds. I suggest we get some.

well ... obviously I cut and paste the second part ... so blame google.

And you have now given me a theme for my reports ... bad grammar here you come.

OK with no non-legume guidance I played the first 16 turns.

So I settled in place and put us on researching Hunting and building a warrior.

Starting warrior goes out a hunting. We look like we're in the SE corner of a landmass so won't move east or south and as the warrior starts 2 tiles south and 1 tile east of the capital I decide west is the way to go.

To summarise, on Noble (and below) if you can find an opposition capital in about 12 turns of the start it will be undefended and easily defeated. Usually I select No City Razing as an option to ensure you capture it rather than raze but in AW this isn't such a good option.

Turn 7 I see Japan heading my way.

We swap Hunting for Archery and see the outline of Japan. Also popped a hut for some cash.

So keep heading west to find...

When I was two tiles away it was size 1 and I expected to see a warrior built IBT but was very pleasantly surprised to find the capital increase in size to 2, which means...

Free city.

BTW, downside of this option if Kyoto had a warrior is that the game might well be over as his warrior might have been able to take London before I built a warrior (don't think so in this case).

Now I think we turtle for a bit, build the Great Wall (in either city) and then see what metals we have and go exploring some more.

So I stopped at turn 16 as we finished Archery. I selected Masonry, but no beakers invested.

London is building a worker but no hammers invested.

Kyoto building a warrior. Once this is built one of the warriors should go exploring (without finding anyone if possible) to be able to get woodsman II promotion (which is nice for stealing AI workers).

Who wants the next set?

Attachments

• ROTQM BC-3600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    55.9 KB · Views: 122
Obligatory first comment: Good Set of turns.

Real first comment ...

So I settled in place and put us on researching Hunting and building a warrior.

What the heck ... who starts the game by building a warrior? What are we ... a bunch of pillow biting nancy boys? Real Men (TM) always build a worker first. So what if it doesn't turn out ... that is what re-rolls are for. Are we trying to win or are we just spewing atoms into the internet?

When I was two tiles away it was size 1 and I expected to see a warrior built IBT but was very pleasantly surprised to find the capital increase in size to 2, which means...

<snip>

... Free city.

Excellent work. Buy why did you decide that our first city would be 10,000 miles from our capital. The distance expenses are going to kill our economy. See ... we needed a worker to mine the gold to help us pay for this distant city. As one leader of the real world likes to say 'worst deal ever'.

Also ... some $%^#$% person has started to play pbem games with the 'kill all' option turned on. Please tell me that you haven't fallen for this sort of stupidity?

Who wants the next set?

Not me. I am already getting flack for delaying a pbem game that took 4 months to get back to me.

PS Thanks for suggesting this SG ... I am really enjoying the chance to 'let it all hang out' (so to speak) :D

Looks like a very solid start!

A miracle has occurred. I was able to open the game, but it's far too late in the day for me to play. Why don't I take the third slot?

If we are building a worker in London, we should switch from cows --> floodplains for science purposes. The worker is still completed on the same turn, but it gets us masonry a turn earlier.

Ok ... I have the game.

Are you leading us off? Roster??

Here is your blasted roster ...

Roster:
ozbenno
ruff_hi <-- up now
pholkhero / Nolition
Nolition / pholkhero

Also ... some $%^#$% person has started to play pbem games with the 'kill all' option turned on. Please tell me that you haven't fallen for this sort of stupidity?

That could have been interesting if it was selected as his starting warrior might have captured our capital. Capital swap. Definitely didn't select as you can end up with AI with no visible units (spies) that you can't kill.

Good luck. I look forward to pointing out how you ruined our perfect start :mischief:

"Good set of turns."

We thinking quarry the stone asap im guessing to boost GWall ~ I wonder if Kyoto shouldn't build the worker as we have more production in London for now; have it pump out a few more units?

Masonry>Pottery for cottages on them FPlains? Or maybe we should farm them for 5 food/3coin tiles ~ then we can work all those hills in the future. Kyoto seems like it'll need 3 farms I think to work all tiles.

Definitely didn't select as you can end up with AI with no visible units (spies) that you can't kill.
game broken. pls fix firaxis

We thinking quarry the stone asap im guessing to boost GWall ~ I wonder if Kyoto shouldn't build the worker as we have more production in London for now; have it pump out a few more units?

I think London is best for GWall. Don't really need units for the moment if we turtle and get GWall before barb explosion.

Masonry>Pottery for cottages on them FPlains?

Yes, Pottery for cottages and granaries.

game broken. pls fix firaxis

:lol:

Set #2 ... Ruff-master in control. But maybe control is the wrong word? In Charge? Definitely the wrong word. Pushing the levers while playing with his new puppy and thus not really paying attention. While long, it is accurate.

So ... here is Ruff-PTLWPWHNPATNRPA report ...

To start with ... time to remind myself of what BUFFY / BUG is all about. Display options. I hate those stupid little icons near the units ... so I kill them. I also wade through the option screen trying to remember what all of this junk does. Who wrote this stuff?

I'll just leave the above there so people can tell :D.

I also started my version of the auto logger (actually had to google how to do that :() only to find that our name in this game is 'collb'. While an excellent name (yeah right!!), it isn't the right name.

Fixed.

Ok ... ready ... press spacebar. Oh . oh ... wait ... I did something before that ... I spied a hut! Mr Warrior ... off you go.

Warrior:- no, not me ... you don't understand
Ruff-PTLWPWHNPATNRPA:- don't answer back .. git going
Warrior:- it won't end well ... nononono
Ruff-PTLWPWHNPATNRPA:- too bad ... git
Warrior:- grumble grumble

Anyway ... forget about him. There are tons where he came from.

Also ... the keen observer will have noticed that London was still working the cows. Did anyone see that? Excellent example of not fully reading the thread before playing. Or maybe reading the thread during the day and then playing at 10pm. Anyway ...

No harm (with this tech), no fowl ... as swapping tiles still shaved a turn off Masonry.

Space bar, space bar, space bar ... oh ... water!

You thought he died? No ... not a blasted scratch on him. And did he stop telling me he was a super hero ... not for a minute. Stupid warrior.

Anyway ... masonry finished. Ruff bored. Handover time. No 'Pottery for Cottages' option that I can see.

Spoiler BUFFY Log :

Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 16/750 (3600 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:48:34]
100% Research: 12 per turn
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 87 in the bank

Turn 17/750 (3575 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:48:35]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 84 in the bank

Turn 18/750 (3550 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:49:05]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 81 in the bank

Turn 19/750 (3525 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:49:16]
Tribal village results: weak hostiles
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 78 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild near London, Warrior 1 (London) (2.00/2) defeats Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 67.8%)

Turn 20/750 (3500 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:49:42]
100% Research: 13 per turn
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 75 in the bank

Turn 21/750 (3475 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:50:23]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 72 in the bank

Turn 22/750 (3450 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:50:31]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 69 in the bank

Turn 23/750 (3425 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:50:37]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 66 in the bank

Turn 24/750 (3400 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:50:46]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 63 in the bank

After End Turn:
Kyoto grows to size 2

Turn 25/750 (3375 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:50:50]
0% Gold: -3 per turn, 60 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Masonry

Turn 26/750 (3350 BC) [12-Apr-2018 22:51:07]
Research begun: Bronze Working (15 Turns)

Attachments

• QM12-0003.gif
    QM12-0003.gif
    233.7 KB · Views: 399
  • QM12-0001.JPG
    QM12-0001.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 414
  • QM12-0002.JPG
    QM12-0002.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 426
  • QM12-0004.JPG
    QM12-0004.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 430
  • QM12-0005.JPG
    QM12-0005.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 385
  • QM12-0006.JPG
    QM12-0006.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 378
Game File

I played from 22:48:34 to 22:51:07 ... a whole 2:33 ... and got bored? Well ... I only play pbem games now ... and the max number of turns you can play is 1.

Attachments

• The Queen Mother BC-3350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    59.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Good set of turns.

But....

Ruff-PTLWPWHNPATNRPA doesn't really roll of the tongue.

I wouldn't let the warrior stray too far from the nest.

Agriculture -> Pottery -> Animal Husbandry seems the way to go.

Would working the stone instead of the floodplain speed up the worker?

Roster:
ozbenno
ruff_hi
pholkhero / Nolition <-- up now
Nolition / pholkhero <-- on deck
Rex - Quitting job in order to play a set

Top Bottom