1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

ROTQM12: Re-enactment Of The Queen Mother

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Ozbenno, Mar 8, 2018.

1. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Excellent set. No one End Turns quite like Ruff-PTLWPWHNPATNRPA.

I changed my mind on the whole Pottery for Cottages thing ~ I way into the old Agriculture for Farming FPs thing now. Lotta hipsters are into it too.

I believe Nolition said that he will play the third set, so I'll give him 24 to see if he does feel like that, or is just pulling our collective legs.

PS ~ you can say "Ruff Pittle Whip Whan Patton Rippa"

2. Nolition

Nolition Chieftain

Well played, from the looks of it!

I'll make the time.

But that's also what I would say if I were pulling your legs.

So I guess you really don't know if I'll play or not.

But I will. That's what I want you to think.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. Nolition

Nolition Chieftain

I hate to end the suspense, but I did in fact play.

My first move was to spend longer than ruff_hi did in all of his turns just on trying to figure out how to access the BUG menu. I bet he thought he could stop me from changing the settings by taking the icon away. Who thought up the shortcut ALT CTRL O in the first place?

I turned the alternate game clock OFF. All other settings left unchanged.

I'm feeling sentimental, so I took a picture of this forest growing. I also didn't swap away from Bronze Working, because let's just work some bronze. I also like how it lists Japan as DEAD in all caps.

I don't know how to get those fancy logs, so here's a screenshot. Hinduism founded in a distant land. Warrior trying to do a bit of exploring.

Julius Caesar was the one who founded Hinduism. I've already failed on mission: don't meet anyone.

I fail again. This time it's a warrior, so I bring our own back just in case the Chinese try to ravage London.

Kyoto grows to size 3, finishes the warrior. I start building a worker. London's worker finishes, and can't do anything except start quarrying that stone. Who picked our research priorities?? Hehe. I also put one turn into another warrior in London (for scouting) but it can be changed to GWall for barb purposes.

Attached Files:

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Well done.

I'd change the warrior to an archer in London (for defence), don't put any hammers into GWall until Stone is hooked up. An archer in Kyoto after the worker would be good as well.

Not sure about continuing with BW as we will have 2 workers soonish and need to keep them occupied, Agriculture, Pottery and Animal Husbandry can do that (although if we have Copper I take it back).

Looks like you're up pholk!

Roster:
    ozbenno
    ruff_hi
    Nolition
    pholkhero <-- up now
    Rex <-- ???

5. Nolition

Nolition Chieftain

Yeah. I had a similar thought process.

We can build mines, but that's the only non-quarry tile improvement available for us until we get agriculture.

6. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Good set ... nice exploring with the warrior.

That was either me or EmperorFool. We did add a flashing 'Alt-Ctrl-O to change options' text (where it says 'hit enter for next turn') that you should see every time you start the game.

I don't like the alternate game clock either ... but I forgot to turn it off. BTW ... these BUG / BUFFY options are install specific ... they are yours and WILL NOT travel forward with the game.

One problem that we will run into is getting around the lack to that new forest that is in our BFC (big fat cross) - that trip will be annoying.

Logging tab on the options page. I thought it started automatically but it didn't seem to want to. I had to provide a hard coded path to one of my directories.

7. ruff_hi

BW finishes in 5 turns. The quarry is complete in 8. Agric will take 8 turns ... but farming FP gives +1 food ... did I mention that this capital location is very(!) food poor? Even our one food tile only gives +1 food when improved. This is not your science superstar that other capitals can be. We should look to relocate the capital and leave London as The Defender of the Empire.

I would finish BW, chop a tree while waiting for Agric (if we want to go that way). The stone connects via the river so we don't need roads to connect it.

8. Nolition

Nolition Chieftain

What can I say. I'm a natural homebody.

We couldn't road to the stone even if it were necessary. We don't have The Wheel.

[Side note: my tone okay?]

9. ruff_hi

Duh!!!!! That is exactly what I am saying. Some low quality players (Pholk) might think that we need the wheel and research it to connect our stone.

Yes. See above :D:D:D:D:D:D:run:

10. Ozbenno

Possibly too polite. :mischief:

11. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I, too, thought keeping BW to get the chops for GWall.

I've got it; will play later today i think.

so, after BW, Wheel for roads to connect stone and then monotheism for religion ~ got it! :thumbsup:

12. ruff_hi

ho ho ho

13. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

Are we talking about the same pholkhero whose auto signature literally says that it's fun to lose with him?

PS my tablet's keyboard swipe replaced "pholkhero" with bookshelf. Seemed fitting.

14. Ozbenno

Don't forget to farm over the stone after we get Agriculture.

15. ruff_hi

Is the stone irrigated? If not, we'll have to wait until Bureaucracy.

16. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

don't be mad no one think's you're fun

and i quote:
    and i /quote

also:
    esp when they're going to be a 3rd Bill and Ted movie

not much to report. we're jewish now, and I farmed the stone as requested.

Turns out i'm not as good as Ruff; instead of pressing enter, I was pressing backspace. Took me about 3 hours to finish my ten turns.

I MM'd london to focus on production just to get the Archer out faster.
    After a few turns, BW came in. We got copper:

and revolted:

Headed for Husbandry to see Horses and upgrade our cow soonish. After we finished improving the stone, i moved to the gold instead of prechopping thinking we could use the immediate production. Might've been :smoke:

There was a brief confrontation in the woods:

I told him that I was Brian, and so was my wife, and he left us alone.

Spied Monty:

Or he spied us.

That's basically it. Almost done AH, still production focused in London, but once the archer is done, maybe swap to grow so we can whip the GWall as well as use the chops. Thinking our next city should go here:

for bridging our cities and grabbing the elephants for later w Construction.

Some shots of the empire, and preliminary dotting ~
    The north:

and the south:

17. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Roster:
    ozbenno > UP NOW
    ruff_hi > on deck
    Nolition
    Bookshelph > just played a terrific set of turns
    Rex > too cool for us; playing SGs with his "real friends" now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM
  18. Ozbenno

Ok got it for next day or so.

Good we have elephants as General Beast can make an appearance.

19. ruff_hi

You are right, you are right. I have re-read the DM SG Rules and will read them again before posting / reporting.

Good job on getting copper!

I always like a high tech rate ... especially in Always War.

Hmm ... from our South? Or did he come from the North between our cities? I was going to say 'beware of Monty as he is a nut case re DOWs' ... but that doesn't make any sense as this is AW.

Not a huge fan of this one ... maybe one city SWSW of the dot to retain the corn and work some hills and one NW of the banana to pick up all of the other goodies. We have to use that banana. Maybe city 1SE of the banana to work the flood plains and move the Phant city SW?

We are going to struggle for food.

20. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i was talking about no one liking Rex, but I am sorry no one thinks you're fun. i mean, we tolerate you, so you've got that going for you . . . which is nice . . .

also, will be OOP 4/27-5/6 (* i think* ~ going to see if the soon-to-be-wife's laptop will handle Civ 4 and if i feel like playing on my honeymoon)