Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Hi!
The religious policy card Ritual War only seems to trigger on melee kills. I was about to go on a religious rampage with my scythian horse archers, but only my warriors seem to trigger the great prophet points.
So, either it is not working as intended, or the description should be updated.

And also Ritual Wars civilopedia discription looks unfinished. No dot at the end, no ligocal finale of text.

Great work as usual, JFD. My only complaint is that since Chiefdom does not have an economic slot anymore, you're accumulating all these vanilla economic cards but can't use them. It effectively nerfs the earlier cards, which have a smaller window of usefulness.

v2:
  • Changed Chiefdom religious slot to a wildcard slot.
  • Added user settings so that the Government names can be changed (Democracy to Classical Democracy or Classical Republic, Military Guardianship to Dictatorship or Military Dictatorship, and Liberal Democracy to RepresentativeDemocracy). Unfortunately, it is not possible to update the civilopedia dynamically.
  • Changed Great Prophet Points from kills from Ritual War to +10.
  • Added Autocephaly at Civil Service (+20% Production toward district projects).
  • Added Shamanism at Mysticism (Units heal an extra +10 damage per turn).
  • Arts Patronage now increases GWAM Points from Theatre Districts instead of Holy Sites.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Ritual War policy did not generate Great Prophet Points from kills for Chariots or Ranged Mounted Units.

This mod is already an essential part of my games! All shall be brought into the flippery embrace of the Great Turtle.

I was wondering if it were possible to make something useful to do with Great Prophet points after you've created a religion? For the other Great People, we can "simply" create more of them in mods so the points won't be wasted, but Great Prophets look like you can only ever get one.

Love the changes, thank you for your work! Looking forward to playing with the mod in a few days when I'm back at my main PC.

I was wondering if it were possible to make something useful to do with Great Prophet points after you've created a religion? For the other Great People, we can "simply" create more of them in mods so the points won't be wasted, but Great Prophets look like you can only ever get one.

I don't think I can speak for JFD, but there were some loose discussions about that matter; guess it's a thing to be considered in the future. I also think all types of great people should stay useful throughout the game (even if late game Prophets turned into Televangelists or something).

Yea, I'll take a looksie about Great Prophets, but I don't want to do something that takes too much effort - I suspect this is something Firaxis might address themselves.

Hey JFD, this is a fantastic mod, thanks so much for your pioneering :D

I've been trying to get back into modding and decided to try add in another Policy card for a fantasy total conversion mod i want to make (ambitious i know) for 'magic' policies, I've gone through all of the files in your mod and looked at your code, and tried to work on the same stuff as you. However im uncertain about the Government and policy UI page. I must have messed something up because whenever i try to open the govrrnments screen, nothing happens. Im not sure exactly what, or in which files to looK for. Im still learning how to mod the .lua pages too.

Any insight would be a huge help! I can post my code /files if that would help ☺

EDIT: made changes to clarify the problem above.

Last edited:
Fantastic to see some interesting mods JFD, you my sir are stepping up the bar. Will report any bugs, problems ect. :scan:

Looking forward to other new ideas, and concepts!

Would be great to see this in the resource manager so I can follow for updates =)

JFD updated [WIP] Rule with Faith with a new update entry:

Updated to v3

• Holy War Cassus Belli now unlocks at Reformed Church (turn off in user settings).
  • Changed the number of policy slots that each government has. Classical Era Govts now have 4 slots, Medieval Era Govts now have 6 slots, Renaissance have 7, and Modern have 8.
  • Democracy is now called Classical Democracy by default. I changed this because I was actually thrown off when, playing a game, I saw that another Leader had a Democracy, forgetting the change :p
  • Added Government-,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey JFD, this is a fantastic mod, thanks so much for your pioneering :D

I've been trying to get back into modding and decided to try add in another Policy card for a fantasy total conversion mod i want to make (ambitious i know) for 'magic' policies, I've gone through all of the files in your mod and looked at your code, and tried to work on the same stuff as you. However im uncertain about the Government and policy UI page. I must have messed something up because whenever i try to open the govrrnments screen, nothing happens. Im not sure exactly what, or in which files to looK for. Im still learning how to mod the .lua pages too.

Any insight would be a huge help! I can post my code /files if that would help ☺

EDIT: made changes to clarify the problem above.

Yea, you can post it and I'd take a look. Adding a new policy card slot is currently hardcoded, but I did mark everything that I copied over (in the Lua file).

JFD updated Rule with Faith with a new update entry:

Rule with Faith v4

This update is not needed if you're not using this mod.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The joy of the new system means that modding conflicts now
The game crashed when I try to create a new game after the new update.

Yes, mod conflicts now have more serious consequences. Post your database log and I may be able to figure it out.

I'm having trouble every time I download I get a note pad doc and no zip file ????

I'm having trouble every time I download I get a note pad doc and no zip file ????

Your downloading w/ this correct?
b22cfc8729e9927dc07cad1ba88de830.png

Top right corner of Download page.

Top Bottom