Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Yes, mod conflicts now have more serious consequences. Post your database log and I may be able to figure it out.

Here is my log....ok that sounds weird.

Yesterday, I only used Rule With Faith (v3) but it still crash.

Well today I tried RWF (v4) with Improved Tech Tree and Moar Units Mod, and yep it crashed.

my icons in my civic and tech tree are missing. and I cannot advance my turn. V4 Faith mod only one I was using

Yes.. seems like it has a conflict with the german version now!

It worked before.. but the new version is causing trouble with the tech icons and such..

I, too, was having an issue with CtDs running just this mod. I poked around, and with the help of Xypherenc's log, I realized the issue, at least on my end.
If you don't have the Aztecs unlocked at this point, it seems the references to Montezuma in "RwF_GameDefines.sql" and "RwF_GameText" (Under /core) were causing the CtD. I haven't played through much yet, but deleting all of the relevant Montezuma lines stopped the CtDs.

I
I, too, was having an issue with CtDs running just this mod. I poked around, and with the help of Xypherenc's log, I realized the issue, at least on my end.
If you don't have the Aztecs unlocked at this point, it seems the references to Montezuma in "RwF_GameDefines.sql" and "RwF_GameText" (Under /core) were causing the CtD. I haven't played through much yet, but deleting all of the relevant Montezuma lines stopped the CtDs.
Having the same issue, was using RwF v4, Historicity++, Moar Units and AI Cleanup. I used RwF v2, Historicity++ and AI Cleanup v7 with no issues but decided to try v4 along with Moar Units. Removed all but RwF v4 and still had the same issue. Tried what subtopian did remvoing all references to Montezuma in "RwF_GameDefines.sql" and "RwF_GameText" (Under /core) stopped the immediate CtD. Need to play further to see what else this did but I can at least run the game.

To start, I'm no expert at debugging, but I'll try to explain what I've found as best I can.
So, having started a new game, I am now running into the reported issues Chrisgatt7 and Hinkel84 mentioned regarding the tech tree and civic tree icons.
From what I can tell, it's just an icon issue for the civics tree.
However, for the tech tree, it's an issue with both icons and choosing a tech to progress with - the game gets stuck on turn 1 trying to choose a tech.
Digging around in the LUA logs, I've found a couple of issues like this:

Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:264: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:264: in function 'PopulateUnlockablesForCivic'
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:693: in function 'RealizeCurrentCivic'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\WorldTracker.lua:196: in function 'UpdateCivicsPanel'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\WorldTracker.lua:255: in function 'Refresh'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\WorldTracker.lua:380: in function 'OnInit'

and

Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:356: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\JFD's Rule with Faith\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:356: in function 'PopulateUnlockablesForTech'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Screens\TechTree.lua:402: in function 'AllocateUI'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Screens\TechTree.lua:1561: in function 'Initialize'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Screens\TechTree.lua:1613: in function '(main chunk)'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

and a few more, but they all reference TechAndCivicSupport.lua.

I've tried both with and without Sukritact's Improved Tech Tree.

Sukritact recently released an update to fix this issue.
EDIT: Oh right, didn't read all. Will look.

Those lines don't correspond to what would be causing an error. Have you updated RwF to v4?

Have you updated RwF to v4?
I downloaded for the first time tonight, so I have only had v4. Away from my comp right now, but is there a file I can upload that would better help? I will put it up in the morning if so.

I'm also having the same issue with not being able to pick a first tech in a new game. Still having the issue even with RwF v4 being the only mod so I know for sure it's RwF v4. Realized that with v4 you require Improved Tech Tree to be installed and of course it now works fine. I moved from v2 to v4, skipping v3 as I don't have those files. Not a huge issue but it seems to work fine with Improved Tech Tree installed. Makes sense in a way because v4 was made to be compatible with that mod. It would be nice to have v3 easily available for those who just want this mod. I'll personally leave it as is myself. Just wanted to let you know my experience.

JFD updated Rule with Faith with a new update entry:

Updated to v5

v5:
  • Fixed an issue with Female variants on titles not working.
  • Fixed a typo in Shiekh.
  • Fixed missing Chiefdom title for Peter.
  • Fixed issues with Chinese titles. Maybe I need to rename Qin Shi Haung tho - this isn't actually fully possible yet though :p
  • Fixed Tech Tree lua issues caused by not using Sukritact's Improved Tech Tree.
  • Fixed incompatibility for users without the Montezuma DLC (I hope - let me know).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I have just downloaded the mod and started a new game, however when I come to choosing my first policies at Chieftain level, I cant assigned the policy which btw it will only allow me to choose one military card. Any ideas? I am using the prescribed tech mod, AI+ mod the civ vi improvements patch, Quos fewer AI tantrums, unit report screen and better trade screen, divine yuris city panel, builders mod and finally YNMP.

btw I'm using RwF V5. I have now enabled my logs but at the moment I have tried various combinations of your mod with and without my other mods but the same problem persists.

Missing text bug?

Attachments

• missing text.png
    missing text.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 382
Congratulations and thanks for this nice mod.

We've all been told the posibilities are endless for modding Civ VI. And stating that after all those insanely awesome mods from Civ V just makes my head explode.

What could be done simply at the government tab is increadible and you are showing us just how great it gets!

Again, awesome job! Thanks~

There seems to be an incompatibility between v5 and v1.1 of Improved Tech Tree. Religious Cards on the Civics tree are visually showing as Wildcard Cards. Not using any other mods.

EDIT - Saving the game and exiting to the desktop and then starting up the game and reloading the save fixed the problem. I'm assuming this is a problem with the game cache that only Firaxis can fix.

Anyway thanks for the great mod JFD. Love the new religious options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom