Rule with Faith

Rule with Faith

Hi, I have just downloaded the mod and started a new game, however when I come to choosing my first policies at Chieftain level, I cant assigned the policy which btw it will only allow me to choose one military card. Any ideas? I am using the prescribed tech mod, AI+ mod the civ vi improvements patch, Quos fewer AI tantrums, unit report screen and better trade screen, divine yuris city panel, builders mod and finally YNMP.

I couldn't re-create this issue. Chiefdom only has 1 Military card slot and 1 Wildcard slot.

Missing text bug?

Yeap, thanks, fixed for the next version.

Congratulations and thanks for this nice mod.

We've all been told the posibilities are endless for modding Civ VI. And stating that after all those insanely awesome mods from Civ V just makes my head explode.

What could be done simply at the government tab is increadible and you are showing us just how great it gets!

Again, awesome job! Thanks~

Thanks for the kind words :) Nice to get posts like these sometimes.

There seems to be an incompatibility between v5 and v1.1 of Improved Tech Tree. Religious Cards on the Civics tree are visually showing as Wildcard Cards. Not using any other mods.

EDIT - Saving the game and exiting to the desktop and then starting up the game and reloading the save fixed the problem. I'm assuming this is a problem with the game cache that only Firaxis can fix.

Anyway thanks for the great mod JFD. Love the new religious options.

Yeap. The method I use to make my religious cards show up in the Civic Tree (well, to use the right texture; the default is Wildcard) is a bit hacky and temporary until we have the SDK tools, so may not work 100%. Some cards stubbornly refuse to change texture for reasons I can't explain, too (Wars of Religion being one).

I enabled the logs in the settings but how do I pull them Up so you can see the problem on why my icos aren't working ??

I've reinstalled the mod a few times and rebooted the game and yet I'm still having these problems but my tech tree will not open whatsoever. And I'm having trouble seeing the number of turns for civics and techs on the main screen (the sidebar). I'm not running any mods that would interfere with this particular mod but I am running Better Trade Screen, No Penalty Different Governments, Smoother Difficulty, Next City Plot, and CA Enhanced Main Menu. I don't think any of these mods should interfere with Rule With Faith.

I enabled the logs in the settings but how do I pull them Up so you can see the problem on why my icos aren't working ??

The Logs folder is on the same level as the Cache and Mods folders.

I've reinstalled the mod a few times and rebooted the game and yet I'm still having these problems but my tech tree will not open whatsoever. And I'm having trouble seeing the number of turns for civics and techs on the main screen (the sidebar). I'm not running any mods that would interfere with this particular mod but I am running Better Trade Screen, No Penalty Different Governments, Smoother Difficulty, Next City Plot, and CA Enhanced Main Menu. I don't think any of these mods should interfere with Rule With Faith.

Lua log. Also, what does No Penalty Different Governments do? That might conflict in some way if it changes the government effects.

Seems I'm having the problem Xypherenc was talking about right now. I don't see why though.

I've attached lua.log.

PS: Great to have you back for Civ6 JFD!

\Skodkim

EDIT: Tried reverting to the old version later and the tech tree opens fine now.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    671.6 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Hi

I have tried again to get your mod to work after re uploading but still not working. I have attached what I hope are my logs as not to sure not being very techie. Hope this helps as really want to play your mod being such a big fan of your civ v mods

Attachments

• CultureBordersLog.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 122
  • NR Logs.zip
    139.7 KB · Views: 296
Will this mod add new religion denominations, for example Shia/Sunni/Sufi Islam? Thank you.

Will this mod add new religion denominations, for example Shia/Sunni/Sufi Islam? Thank you.

Unlikely, since Tomatekh will want to do so for Historical Religions (which is waiting on mod art capability).

Hey guys, so I'm getting a few bugs and I am pretty sure it's RwF as I've disabled every other mod.

So you can see from my photo that I'm not getting another government after doing teh first civic when settling, and also that only the military card is showing. At first I was just thinking that the assign all button wasn't working, then I realised that I could assign a card to each of the other slots, even although it looks like there's none there.

Also, I noticed in the UI on the tech and civic bar on the top left while I was researching the first civic, that the icons for what the civic unlocks weren't there :(

Using v5. It says I can't upload the logging file because of it's extention?? I enabled logging so just tell me what logs you need and where to put them

Attachments

• 14958991_10153955011732401_1027203500_o.jpg
    14958991_10153955011732401_1027203500_o.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 334
Sorry I don't think I explained it clearly, in the photo I posted it shows the other 3, and when I double clicked on teh cards they were assigned to the corresponding policy.

And yeah I read the OP, I've made the logs and I started about 5 new games because i had tried different mods and the such, clearing the cache everytime..

I don't know where you want me to post the logs because it won't let me upload them here? :\

Hm, odd. Try posting the contents to pastebin. I need the contents of your Database and Lua logs.

Civic policy icons aren't 100% working atm, due to the hacky ways in which I have to implement them. Until we have the tools needed to unpack and repack .blp files, there is little that I can do about it.

Hi JFD

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand you - are you saying that the bug report in my post isn't ok? I tried following the OP.

BTW: Uploading logs here is easy. Just zip them, start a new post and choose "More Options". That way you can attach the zip file.

\Skodkim

Hi, I have just downloaded the mod and started a new game, however when I come to choosing my first policies at Chieftain level, I cant assigned the policy which btw it will only allow me to choose one military card. Any ideas? I am using the prescribed tech mod, AI+ mod the civ vi improvements patch, Quos fewer AI tantrums, unit report screen and better trade screen, divine yuris city panel, builders mod and finally YNMP.

I'm getting the exact same thing.. I've tried doing the fixes JFD suggested but with no luck, I am also running a bunch of mods

There's a scrollbar; scroll down to find the Wildcard slot you've got to fill.

There's a scrollbar; scroll down to find the Wildcard slot you've got to fill.

I posted a picture just a few posts ago that showed that I actually had the other slots saying it wasn't available, and I didn't realise until I double clicked the democracy and other slots that it automatically accepted the cards, and I could confirm my selection once the cards had been assigned to the policies I couldn't see.

JFD here are my logs as well *Sorry it took so long*
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urhnube4avnp42d/AAA_4y1yMSoPJW4TGDos3ejja?dl=0

I mean it's not game breaking, it just makes it a little tough to see which one's I have selected already!! :)

Hi JFD

Could you give an update on the project? I guess you know that v5 is unplayable and that we've posted logs etc?

I'm not trying to rush you or anything - I'm just not sure that you acknowledged that there was a bug.

\Skodkim

Top Bottom