Saddam Hussein Hanged

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
Well, how do you feel about it?

I dont think it will help anything, but it is justice.

Its unclear if he's even going to die or not.

One question though, will rumsfeld get one more hug?

joking, of course.

Hes dead so says Al Arabia.

It's not good to have his sentence carried out before ALL his trials have ended. The viticims of the gas-attack in Kurdistan will not get justice when he is dead...

Besides that - the death penalty is inhumane.

Isn't his death justice for all his victims? What sentence do you think he'd get in all his trials? I'm sure the justice the rest of his victims wanted had nothing to do with courts and it just happened.

Sigh. Even if I don't support capital punishment, I don't feel much sympathy for the man.

Al Hurra TV is saying it now also (And they are the source of almost every Iraqi story, Reuters/BBC/CNN all use Al Hurra as a source).

[22:11] <Thunderfall> Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is dead -- executed by hanging for killings committed during a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago &#8211;- Iraqi TV stations report."
[22:13] <Trajan> Saddam'd hangning
[22:13] <Tycoon> Oh, he is dead?
[22:14] <Tycoon> I thought that I would be hearing singing angels... or something.

That is what I had to say about his death. Good thing that he died, but it doesn't feel too special...

You can't kill him twice.

They can put his dead body on trial, and mutilate it over and over again until all wronged peoples are compensated.

Good riddance but he should have been tried at the Hague.

Why? His crimes were against Iraqis. He was tried by Iraqis in an Iraqi court under Iraqi law and exacuted by Iraqis. If it went the UN he'd of never been exacuted.

Top Bottom