Save the World- Start folding today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined up and started last night, finished my first WU this afternoon. New WU to be complete on... Monday May 20, 2009! 12,500 frames at 595 minutes per frame!

Noldodan said:
I joined up and started last night, finished my first WU this afternoon. New WU to be complete on... Monday May 20, 2009! 12,500 frames at 595 minutes per frame!

:goodjob: And welcome aboard!

And don't worry about the new due date, for some really they're always pretty far out - though I don't ever recall one that far out...

ironduck said:
Well you ought to put up goldfish and elephant as their separate identities in the list so we can follow their progress. Just mark them Goldfish-igloodude and Elephant-igloodude so people understand. Also, I forget which is which..

They are separate identities, and Elephant are the ones with more memory, because elephants never forget, and Goldfish are the ones with less memory, because supposedly (though I think Mythbusters busted it) they don't remember anything for more than 30 seconds.

Anyway, the Elephants are leading, though they might have had a headstart to begin with so it may not be decided yet...

Noldodan said:
Yeah, my third one started with similar figures (six days for one frame, 500 frames), but it's radically improved now.
Only a day and half days to finish the whole WU.
Did yours spped up or not?
Also, doens't go well while you're playing civ, as that seems to take up all the resources.

Update: it now says it'll be finished in two days. That's a pretty big leap.

IglooDude said:
They are separate identities, and Elephant are the ones with more memory, because elephants never forget, and Goldfish are the ones with less memory, because supposedly (though I think Mythbusters busted it) they don't remember anything for more than 30 seconds.

Yeah I saw that mythbuster episode too :D

It's logical though, a creature as complex as a fish needs to be able to pick up patterns from its surroundings and memorize them or it would be extinct before it ever made it to the second generation!

Oh, and the reason you get wacky numbers at the start of your WU is probably similar to when you're downloading something - the program is simply extrapolating on basically non-existent data rather than waiting a bit.

:snowgrin: Welcome Mathilda and Noldodan :snowcool:

Woohoo, I'm past 2000 points now, but looks like Elephant is catching up on me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom